+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 119th Draw

Jabya

May 29, 2019
There're various factors involved in the processing time such as how well your application submitted (no missing docs), visa office where your file is assigned. On an average, it takes 4-5 months these days based on the current trend of processing.
Okay! That makes sense, also how does marriage factor plays? I mean processing time for unmarried applicant vs married applicant (Couple plus kids for ex)
Is there different timeline for both cases?

Manru

Apr 3, 2019
Hi all have a query. Can I change n update the new NOC code in my existing profile.. N does it gave negative impact on my profile or its not going to harm me anywhere in future

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
What’s your profession?, if it falls within the CIC interpretation of been a professional degree!, you need not evaluate it with IQAS.
I have a B.A, LL.B which is by all means and definitions (as per CIC education equivalence chart also) a professional degree.
However the confusion has arisen on part of my WES evaluation. It gave me a dual bachelors' (4 years) evaluation (the course i did was an integrated one i.e B.A+LL.B 5 years). The focus area in the ECA however does mention 'law'. Now the CIC equivalency chart does mention that if you get a Bachelor of Laws evaluation, that would be counted a professional degree, however the trouble is that the evaluation so given is not Bachelor of laws but just bachelors.

If the ECA had stated a 'bachelor of laws' evaluation, that would have given me professional points. But WES only gave me simple Bachelors' degree evaluation.
You see the trouble?

Now, I have read repeatedly here that you should put in exactly what your ECA states. But I have known a couple of guys also who entered it as a professional degree and got away with it. And here's the funny part, I have known a couple of other guys also, who entered their Bachelors evaluation as professional and got their points deducted later and thus became ineligible as their CRS fell below the cut off in the relevant draws.

I mean LOL. I know their are gray areas, but this is just grossly stupid.

Any advice how to act on this, now that you know the facts? :D

kevwe91

Apr 5, 2019
I have been following this thread for awhile...and I believe thats its time to state what I think is going on, this whole issue is the Canadian Governments problem I call this a major "mismanagement" on behalf of them, there is no way the scores will even rise above 470 in the long run and I believe that this is an abnormality caused as a result of "idiots" who put false information on their express entry profiles leading to cut-offs like these even with no draws happening that month it doesn't justify 470. The only way CIC can fix this hole in their system is to issue more ITA's in numbers and in draws if they're only going to play with 3350 you are going to have 60% of those profiles deemed as "Fake" with incorrect information leading to legitimate people like me and you to not even get an ITA..Why not increase it to 4000 people?...What this government doesn't understand is this....Skilled People with PGWP and legitimate profiles are at risk of leaving the country due to their work permits expiring soon instead of the government retaining these people they themselves are causing a distortion within the labour market. The idea of express entry should be flexibility the system itself has many flaws that the government needs to address. If you're telling me that last year we were between 440-450 and now we are above 460+ then something is definitely going wrong...if native Canadians can't get an 8777 in IELTS and many newspapers in Canada are having grammatical errors in writing then what is the point of a 470 cut-off? its too high and I highly doubt that anyone has 470+ without an PNP or if he's some sort of genius with lots of degrees or possibly someone who worked a skilled job in Canada for 2 years and didn't realize that he qualifies for express entry which is very rare indeed or someone with a LMIA which again is very rare since employers hate disclosing their financial information to any government authority and it has a technical process to follow! Foreigners outside of Canada barely make it in the 440's without PNP's etc.

Something is wrong and CIC needs to fix this...

is there a ray of hope yes? Only if the Canadian government does the right thing right, but now their only focus is their rubbish containers coming back from developing countries or the raptors, believe me I've seen people who lived here for 8+ years and got nothing in return.Yet, they want to feel apart of Canada I understand that this system is backward. But, 470 is a sign for CIC to take matters seriously I have faith that CIC will fix this.
You are wrong danda. I am a candidate based in Nigeria, I have never stepped foot in Canada b4. I have a master's, I am 27, my IELTS score S,L,R,W was 8,8.5,8,7, I have 3 years of foreign experience. That alone puts me on a 478 CRS. When I now included that I had a blood brother that already had his PR in Canada, I got a 493 CRS. So going by what you are saying now, you are quite far from reality.

Shishir Chandra Kumar

Jan 9, 2019
Pune, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
Nomination.....
17-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
IELTS Request
24/11/2018
Med's Done....
26-09-2019
You missed one scenario: June 5, June, 12 and June 26:D:D:D:D
Although highly unlikely to happen, but if it happens, I won't be surprised. Just trying to fix the damage done by an FST draw on 15th May.
Additionally, we are going to nail down #ITAs @13nitinsharma @NikSharma01 @EnthuChap @Shannoh @shishir ;););)
This is highly unlikely IMO, as July has 5 Wednesdays. So we might see 3 draws in July.
Here is what i think will be the draw dates: June 5, June 19, July 3, July 17, July 31

Shishir Chandra Kumar

Jan 9, 2019
Pune, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
Nomination.....
17-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
IELTS Request
24/11/2018
Med's Done....
26-09-2019
This is not possible , if draw happens on June 5th with increased ITA , CIC will be looking to maintain two week draws till december
This is what should happen ideally, fortnightly draws on Wednesday. But IRCC keeps us surprising :(:(

Hank07

Nov 27, 2018
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
8.5, 8.5, 7, 7.5
Okay! That makes sense, also how does marriage factor plays? I mean processing time for unmarried applicant vs married applicant (Couple plus kids for ex)
Is there different timeline for both cases?
I would like to know about that too. Technically timeline should be a bit faster for single applicants. Is that the case?