+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 119th Draw

daughty

Star Member
May 13, 2019
The score is depressing. I was happy thinking we could get a max of 461. When is the next draw expected?

daughty

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Here my heart is sinking thinking of WES. With every passing day, my birthday comes closer - and with such high scores, it'll take forever..

But, I need to keep my hopes high! Here's to staying positive - we'll all make it this year :)

Lazybug

Star Member
May 1, 2019
An online certificate would certainly help in job searching and increase your chance to land a job here but I'm not quite sure about whether it would boost your points. It would need to fall into certain criteria to be considered valid for points as well. Do you mind to share your current points and your english, credentials, and working experience so we could get a big picture whether you actually need that cert?
CRS 448
BSc. Environmental Management
MSc. Environmental Sciences
IELTS: R8.5 W7.5 S8 L8
Age 30, Single
Work experience: currently 2.5 years in NOC 4161 (natural and applied science policy researchers, consultants and officers) and NOC 4012 (post-secondary teaching and research assistants).
Would hit 3yrs in October, but that seems to be a long wait at this point.

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Looking for some inputs/suggestions:

I was planning to do an online professional certificate course with University of Waterloo to make sure my wait time does not go to waste. A canadian credential might be useful for job searching later (I did my bachelors from Bangladesh and Masters from Germany).

I got a masters equivalent already, so do you think an online certificate could help me increase my CRS score? Overall, do you think it will be useful at all for job searches?
An online course won't boost your crs score. But it will definitely help in your job search as the Canadians give more value to CANADIAN education.

Reactions: Lazybug

rishi-92

May 27, 2019
Mumbai
App. Filed.......
01-02-2019
CRS 448
Age 30, Single
Work experience: currently 2.5 years in NOC 4161 (natural and applied science policy researchers, consultants and officers) and NOC 4012 (post-secondary teaching and research assistants).
The best thing to do in your situation in order to raise your score would be to give TEF/TCF. I don't see room for other alternatives before you complete 3 years of work experience.

tntv

May 2, 2019
CRS 448
Age 30, Single
It seems it will be difficult to raise your points higher unless you apply for an actual cert course. I'm quoting from the CRS tool calculator:

Note: to answer yes:
4b) Have you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate:
  • English or French as a Second Language must not have made up more than half your study
  • you must not have studied under an award that required you to return to your home country after graduation to apply your skills and knowledge
  • you must have studied at a school within Canada (foreign campuses don’t count)
  • you had to be enrolled full time for at least eight months, and have been physically present in Canada for at least eight months
So I guess online option is void, unless there are some exceptions I don't know about.

My suggestions:
  • Enroll in a real course in Canada ( Cert, Masters or PhD)
  • Max Ielts for a few more points. It wouldn't be much though.
  • Wait for 3 full years of work experience and try again.
  • Try looking for PNP options.

Lazybug

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Thank you all so much for the valuable inputs. I guess I will have to wait till October for my scores to go up or wait for the cut off to drop to 448.

Dont wanna learn French at this point, still recovering from learning German haha. Sitting for IELTS again for one CLB 9 would be risking the other three CLB 10s and at the end won't improve my score drastically.

Once again, thanks for the advice. Guess nothing to do but wait :)

Reactions: EnthuChap

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Thank you all so much for the valuable inputs. I guess I will have to wait till October for my scores to go up or wait for the cut off to drop to 448.

Dont wanna learn French at this point, still recovering from learning German haha. Sitting for IELTS again for one CLB 9 would be risking the other three CLB 10s and at the end won't improve my score drastically.

Once again, thanks for the advice. Guess nothing to do but wait :)
Don't be lazy, start French. What's French after German haha

nadal87

Feb 28, 2019
Entered EE pool on the 14th of May with a score of 459 and I was sure that I would receive an ITA the very next day. Well, that didn't happen, and today we witnessed this 470 CRS fiasco due to 4 weeks delay in draw. With a birthday on 2nd of July I can't help; but worry if I'll receive an ITA by draw 120.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

tntv

May 2, 2019
Entered EE pool on the 14th of May with a score of 459 and I was sure that I would receive an ITA the very next day. Well, that didn't happen, and today we witnessed this 470 CRS fiasco due to 4 weeks delay in draw. With a birthday on 2nd of July I can't help; but worry if I'll receive an ITA by draw 120.
I think you still have a pretty good chance. This time's draw is an anomaly because of backlogs. Until July we might see some significant decrease in score.

nadal87

Feb 28, 2019
I think you still have a pretty good chance. This time's draw is an anomaly because of backlogs. Until July we might see some significant decrease in score.
I really hope that this is true. Looking at the history of draws it seems to me that getting an ITA by draw 120 for my score seems plausible, provided they conduct these draws at regular intervals. If not, with a reduced score of 454 on 2nd July I presume I'll get an ITA by draw 122.

Honestly this long wait is killing me as I am unable to focus on other important things. I realise that there are people here who have been waiting for an ITA since January and I feel that I understand them better now.

Reactions: Apples and oranges

Nsidhu

Apr 27, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-06-2019
folks, my spouse ECA is due on june 13. system doesn't allow advance date obviously.. by the time i will lose june 12 draw as well.... give me a solution for this,, if someone knows