Ray of Hope - 119th Draw

ExpressMan

Star Member
May 8, 2019
IELTS Request
05/23/2019
Update my profile to 495.
Was previously 450.

To anyone hoping for b2b draw or bigger draws so the score go lower I recommend stop relying on it and go search for a way to increase your points.

I believe that predictions the score will go down later this year is just making many people rely on that, and if in the end it doesnt go down you lost all this time "hoping" instead of improving your score by learning French or doing a post-grad or improving your english score.
At such a stage, there would be barely any way we could increase the scores. Especially in my case, We have exhausted all the options because of the age factor, the only option is left is to increase score by another 4-8 points by scoring full band in IELTS other than preparing for French which would take a year from now at least...

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Yea.. I finished AC Odyssey and Origins.. now playing the story mode on GTA V again.. Any other gamers here?
I'm good with PC gaming but the job doesn't permit me any time to play. I also own a PS3 for ages now, but must have played for only 10 times max and haven't mastered the operation of it yet.

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi guys,

How's everyone doing? Hope everyone is doing great.

I've been following ROH silently again because I'm practising for my IELTS test next Wednesday but I couldn't ignore the thought that keeps on popping up in my mind for few days now so I thought I will share it here..I feel like CIC is trying to maintain conducting 2 draws per month fron now on until the end of year. If they really have a target of issuing 90,000 ITAs this year then with the 14 draws left to go, they will have to issue approximately 3,900 ITAs per draw from this coming Wednesday iif they really want to achieve the target. Currently, they had issued 35100 ITAs (2x3900 + 8x3350 + 500 FST) since January, so 54900 ITAs to go divided by 14 draws = 3921 ITAs.

And if that the case then I think the round of invitation date will be:
June 12th and 26th
July 10th and 24th
August 7th and 21st
September 4 or 11 and 25th
October 9th and 23rd
November 6th and 20th
December 4th and 18th or 11th and 24th or 26th

IndianFam

May 10, 2019
Update my profile to 495.
Was previously 450.

To anyone hoping for b2b draw or bigger draws so the score go lower I recommend stop relying on it and go search for a way to increase your points.

I believe that predictions the score will go down later this year is just making many people rely on that, and if in the end it doesnt go down you lost all this time "hoping" instead of improving your score by learning french or doing a pos-grad or improving your english score.
hey could you explain how you achieved this jump ?

Avmaia

May 18, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06/03/2019
At such a stage, there would be barely any way we could increase the scores. Especially in my case, We have exhausted all the options because of the age factor, the only option is left is to increase score by another 4-8 points by scoring full band in IELTS other than preparing for French which would take a year from now at least...
If you are going the french route, better an year from now than an year from later this year if the scores dont drop. Also, I believe french in canada helps you land a job since it enables to do business with companies from quebec.

The other option is to give up...

I just people to notice that instead of relying on hope it is better to prepare for the worst case scenario.

Punitsingh

Jul 27, 2018
Nothing much can be expected from Wednesday's draw if it happens.

I'm sure the 470 plus scores might have crossed at least 4000 already since the previous draw.

Everyone is optimistic that it would be mid 460's but I think this time its gonna hit all-time high...470-472.

Until the end of July where I predict there would be regular B2B draw's, nothing can be predicted other than to wait. let's get prepared mentally for 460 plus scores all through July-august.At least it would result in less panic and anxiety.
I disagree
During month of May 470+ added per day was 120
So in last 14 days total 470+added= 120*14= 1680, so wed cutoff can’t be 470

Avmaia

May 18, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06/03/2019
hey could you explain how you achieved this jump ?
I previously didnt have clb 9 for english, took ielts again, asked for a remark and managed to get clb 9 on writing.

But im 28, single, a masters, 2 years work exp ielts and tef.

Being single, having a masters degree, clb 9 in english and 3 years of work experience gives 480 points, even deducting point by age and spouse can still easily get an invite. Even some basic level french can give you 1 points per competence, which when stacked with the rest can be the difference between getting an ITA or not. You dont need to fluent in french to fet extra points.

Also, if you are in IT you could try to do remote contract work for a canadian company that could count as canadian work experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: WantToImmigrate

nadal87

Feb 28, 2019
If you are going the french route, better an year from now than an year from later this year if the scores dont drop. Also, I believe french in canada helps you land a job since it enables to do business with companies from quebec.

The other option is to give up...

I just people to notice that instead of relying on hope it is better to prepare for the worst case scenario.
I’m glad that you were able to increase your score.

I can’t help, but comment on your post as I think your tone is rather condescending. It’s sounds like “So I’m at 495 now and everybody under 495 is inferior to me”. It’s human nature after all, imagine what people with CRS score above 1000 must think of you and the rest of us.

You seem to have all the required factors (including French) hence your CRS is where it is right now, rest of us are not so lucky. Take me as an example, I’m fluent in five different languages, but unfortunately none of them give me any extra points (Bad luck I guess). Similarly for others it may be age, for some others it could be language, family etc. But that doesn’t mean we should give up. Besides CRS is not an indication of someone’s ability. I’m sure there are many here from Tier 1 institutions, working in top tier companies, but have low CRS scores due to the above constraints.

Dissuading others from applying may not work as people here are resilient and determined to finish what they started.

Last edited:

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021

I can’t help, but comment on your post as I think your tone is rather condescending. It’s sounds like “So I’m at 495 now and everybody under 495 is inferior to me”. It’s human nature after all, imagine what people with CRS score above 1000 must think of you and the rest of us.

You seem have all the required factors (including French) hence your CRS is where it is right now, rest of us are not so lucky. Take me as an example, I’m fluent in five different languages, but unfortunately none of them give me any extra points (Bad luck I guess). Similarly for others it may be age, for some others it could be language, family etc. But that doesn’t mean we should give up. Besides CRS is not an indication of someone’s ability. I’m sure there are many here from Tier 1 institutions, working in top tier companies, but have low CRS scores due to the above constraints.

Dissuading others from applying may not work as people here are resilient and determined to finish what they started.
I second that.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

Punitsingh

Jul 27, 2018
From past many months analysis shows that 451+ candidates added per day= 240
May month shows that out of 240, 470+ candidates per day= 120
It means 451-470 candidates added per day= 120
Are these 120 distributed equally on scores from 451-470? I doubt it because
On 20th feb draw cutoff was 457, means 3350/21= 160 , so 457+ candidates added per day = 160 only
It means 457-470 added per day= 160-120= 40
And 451-457 added per day= 80
However this assumption is based on very small data of 30 jan to 20 feb, and may be wrong
But if it is true then CRS will fall sharply up to 457.
This is just an attempt to figure out the distribution of candidates in the range of 451-470

Kenneth89

Jun 1, 2019
I disagree
During month of May 470+ added per day was 120
So in last 14 days total 470+added= 120*14= 1680, so wed cutoff can’t be 470

Let's not also forget that there's always a tie breaking rule in this game,so all the 470+ can't even get the ITA this draw,pls let's stay positive.still very very optimistic by August ending the CRS will drop to what will favours us all. Stay calm and positive!!!!

Kenneth89

Jun 1, 2019
From past many months analysis shows that 451+ candidates added per day= 240
May month shows that out of 240, 470+ candidates per day= 120
It means 451-470 candidates added per day= 120
Are these 120 distributed equally on scores from 451-470? I doubt it because
On 20th feb draw cutoff was 457, means 3350/21= 160 , so 457+ candidates added per day = 160 only
It means 457-470 added per day= 160-120= 40
And 451-457 added per day= 80
However this assumption is based on very small data of 30 jan to 20 feb, and may be wrong
But if it is true then CRS will fall sharply up to 457.
This is just an attempt to figure out the distribution of candidates in the range of 451-470

Good thinking!

Avmaia

May 18, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06/03/2019

You seem to have all the required factors (including French) hence your CRS is where it is right now, rest of us are not so lucky. Take me as an example, I’m fluent in five different languages, but unfortunately none of them give me any extra points (Bad luck I guess). Similarly for others it may be age, for some others it could be language, family etc. But that doesn’t mean we should give up. Besides CRS is not an indication of someone’s ability. I’m sure there are many here from Tier 1 institutions, working in top tier companies, but have low CRS scores due to the above constraints.

Hey I'm sorry to hear that I sound condescending, I didnt really mean that.

I didnt tell anyone to give up, quite the opposite. I want everyone here to succeed and this forum helped me a lot in what to do to get points. I want to continue that help people succeed.

Im not dissuading anyone to apply, I never told anyone to give up. I am encouraging people to try to get more points instead of just waiting it out and hope the scores go down. I'm not telling anyone give up hope, I'm telling to consider the worst case scenario.

Do you really think it is better to just wait instead of look to get more points anywhere?

If there is one think I learned here this year is that to not leave your dreams on CIC hands, do the best you can on your end.

Consider the scenario that it doesnt go down many points. Next year many will lose more points by age, and if they wait until end of year to see that it didnt go down and start looking for more points, it will end up taking longer for them to receive and ITA because they will need to compensate for the new age...

Last edited:
Reactions: facethereality