+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 118th Draw

Reezu

May 25, 2019
I was sitting on 448 since February. Finally thought what the heck! It’s going the other way- need to do something. Took the IELTS and just updated the score and got 474 CRS now. If the profile is showing 474 after update, does that mean I will get an invitation if the cut off is below 474?

Also for those trying to improve score. Avoid CELPIP. I took it without any preparation- R: 12, L:11, W:9, S: 8

I had 448 CRS with that. I knew celpip didn’t reflect my speaking or writing but thought 448 is going to be enough and tried to save some 300 odd dollars for another test. The draws for last 3 months shows that It is clearly not going in the direction I hoped for.

So decided to IELTS without any preparation again and got R: 9, L:9, W: 8, S: 7.5. My CRS is 474. This is the highest I could get so fingers crossed!! Hope get the ITA in the next one :)

Reactions: Dheana90

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
I was sitting on 448 since February. Finally thought what the heck! It’s going the other way- need to do something. Took the IELTS and just updated the score and got 474 CRS now. If the profile is showing 474 after update, does that mean I will get an invitation if the cut off is below 474?

Also for those trying to improve score. Avoid CELPIP. I took it without any preparation- R: 12, L:11, W:9, S: 8

I had 448 CRS with that. I knew celpip didn’t reflect my speaking or writing but thought 448 is going to be enough and tried to save some 300 odd dollars for another test. The draws for last 3 months shows that It is clearly not going in the direction I hoped for.

So decided to IELTS without any preparation again and got R: 9, L:9, W: 8, S: 7.5. My CRS is 474. This is the highest I could get so fingers crossed!! Hope get the ITA in the next one :)
Yes you will get it next round. Get ready your docs. Good luck.

Reactions: Dheana90 and Reezu

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019

Sir/Mam

If there is a draw on Wednesday and you don't get an ITA because the cut off was over 474.. Most of us would have to re evaluate our aim of getting Canadian PR..

Reezu

May 25, 2019
Sir/Mam

If there is a draw on Wednesday and you don't get an ITA because the cut off was over 474.. Most of us would have to re evaluate our aim of getting Canadian PR..
I suggest most people below 450 to re-evaluate their situation and try to improve their scores by hook or crook.

My personal view that it is unlikely that CRS would drop below 450 before November is an intuition based on the political climate. The liberals are loosing opinions polls everywhere. We all know how the immigration issue divided America and tilted people to vote for the ultimate abomination of a human being - Donald Trump.

I don’t think Canadian political climate is as divisive as that but I do feel it will be a political misstep for Trudeau to even risk letting Immigration Issues take the centre stage so close to the election.

Politics is more often than not a shallow facade of numbers- like CRS score. Mathematical analysis doesn’t account for political motivation. We need to remember that governments change their behaviour reflecting the political climate and necessity.

Reactions: Lazybug

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
I suggest most people below 450 to re-evaluate their situation and try to improve their scores by hook or crook.

My personal view that it is unlikely that CRS would drop below 450 before November is an intuition based on the political climate. The liberals are loosing opinions polls everywhere. We all know how the immigration issue divided America and tilted people to vote for the ultimate abomination of a human being - Donald Trump.

I don’t think Canadian political climate is as divisive as that but I do feel it will be a political misstep for Trudeau to even risk letting Immigration Issues take the centre stage so close to the election.

Politics is more often than not a shallow facade of numbers- like CRS score. Mathematical analysis doesn’t account for political motivation. We need to remember that governments change their behaviour reflecting the political climate and necessity.
No.. not by crook.. By hook, yea its been like forever waiting for a NOI..

The rest of your answer may be true.. may be not.. we never know what's gonna happen.. but its too political to comment on.. It has sparked quarrels before.. Steer away friend :)

Best of luck for your ITA! Do let us know how it goes..

Reactions: Reezu

Reezu

May 25, 2019
No.. not by crook.. By hook, yea its been like forever waiting for a NOI..

The rest of your answer may be true.. may be not.. we never know what's gonna happen.. but its too political to comment on.. It has sparked quarrels before.. Steer away friend :)

Best of luck for your ITA! Do let us know how it goes..
Ok steering away to something very mundane and apolitical— organizing my docs in case I get an ITA next week. Good luck everybody!!

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Yes. We'll get to Canada eventually. We've been genuine in regards to creating EE profile. I heard some people are creating fake profile just to see if they get invitation or not with unlegitimate informations. Atleast we're honest and wait for those docs to be available to us and even suffered for it even though it was not really our fault. In your case, WES was responsible for delaying your report.

I, too, was expecting WES report to be generated sooner but they took time to update the arrival of my docs in their office as I knew for sure that my required got delivered 10days earlier than the update they provided on my WES account. Furthermore, They increased the processing time to 35days and that too exclude the review and acceptance of my docs. I applied end of Feb, docs reached Canada mid March and I expected that I will get my report by end of April. But I got my report on 21st May. As a result of this delay, I have to take IELTS test again next month as it expired on 10th May.

It's been more than 2 years since I sit for IELTS exam so i kind of have to learn and practise again in order to achieve CLB 10 again.

Anyway, all the best to all of us. We'll get through it together. Just don't lose hope. :):)
Thanks dear! Yeah, I'm looking forward to sit in the exam for another time on June 1st.

Wolesimi

May 23, 2019
Hello guys, I am new here. I salute all the great minds on this platform. Good work.

I have been following silently for a while now and I had to go through all the pages from page 1 till date just to catch. I finally did.

To my reason for posting, we just completed our EE profile but we are yet to submit it. Presently waiting for WES to send spouse's ECA. Using the CRS tool however, we were able to reach a CRS score of 463. I have a few questions/clarifications that I need answers to.

1) How reliable is the CRS tool? Meanwhile, using the WES Evaluation tool on their website, it evaluated spouse's Masters degree equivalent to Canadian Master's degree.

2) Should we wait till we receive the ECA to submit our profile? or we can go ahead to submit it while we wait for WES. Hopefully, the ECA would have been received before we apply, after receiving ITA. The bottom line is that we don't want to miss this next draw as it may fall within our CRS point.

3) Please how do we submit our profile after all information are filled. I can't seem to find how yet. A guide will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance everyone.

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
Hello guys, I am new here. I salute all the great minds on this platform. Good work.

I have been following silently for a while now and I had to go through all the pages from page 1 till date just to catch. I finally did.

To my reason for posting, we just completed our EE profile but we are yet to submit it. Presently waiting for WES to send spouse's ECA. Using the CRS tool however, we were able to reach a CRS score of 463. I have a few questions/clarifications that I need answers to.

1) How reliable is the CRS tool? Meanwhile, using the WES Evaluation tool on their website, it evaluated spouse's Masters degree equivalent to Canadian Master's degree.

2) Should we wait till we receive the ECA to submit our profile? or we can go ahead to submit it while we wait for WES. Hopefully, the ECA would have been received before we apply, after receiving ITA. The bottom line is that we don't want to miss this next draw as it may fall within our CRS point.

3) Please how do we submit our profile after all information are filled. I can't seem to find how yet. A guide will be appreciated.

1. CRS tool is pretty reliable. Can't say about the WES evaluation tool though.

2. Assuming that you have your ECA, you can create the EE profile with just that and later update the profile with your spouse's ECA, once you get that. Don't tell me you are planning enter some random ECA number now to claim your spouse's points. Note, please don't rely on WES to give you the ECA report on time, mine took about 5 months :)

3. You just create the EE profile and the points show up right? You should see this message on your profile: "You are a candidate. We will send you a message if you are invited to apply."

Reactions: Wolesimi

Wolesimi

May 23, 2019

2. Assuming that you have your ECA, you can create the EE profile with just that and later update the profile with your spouse's ECA, once you get that. Don't tell me you are planning enter some random ECA number now to claim your spouse's points. Note, please don't rely on WES to give you the ECA report on time, mine took about 5 months :)

3. You just create the EE profile and the points show up right? You should see this message on your profile: "You are a candidate. We will send you a message if you are invited to apply."
Oh, if I will be required to input the ECA number, then I guess I will rather wait till we receive the ECA then. I guess WES is overwhelmed with many certificates to evaluate. Hence the reason why it takes them so long to get back. We've been on this since Feb.

Thanks friend for your very prompt response. I do appreciate your good heart.

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
Oh, if I will be required to input the ECA number, then I guess I will rather wait till we receive the ECA then. I guess WES is overwhelmed with many certificates to evaluate. Hence the reason why it takes them so long to get back. We've been on this since Feb.

Thanks friend for your very prompt response. I do appreciate your good heart.
Yes the WES number and the IELTS TRF numbers are required to create the EE profile.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019

Well, I'm quite sceptical whether the ECA number or other details for spouse could be updated later! You're supposed to submit a complete profile beforehand to claim the ITA, because when we get the ITA, the profile gets locked and all of our information is stored at back end, so making alterations afterwards would make your profile prone to investigation.

Thus, I will simply recommend you to wait for your spouse's ECA first, only after getting it submit the profile. Remeber "it is better to wait than to be stucked! "

Wolesimi

May 23, 2019
Well, I'm quite sceptical whether the ECA number or other details for spouse could be updated later! You're supposed to submit a complete profile beforehand to claim the ITA, because when we get the ITA, the profile gets locked and all of our information is stored at back end, so making alterations afterwards would make your profile prone to investigation.

Thus, I will simply recommend you to wait for your spouse's ECA first, only after getting it submit the profile. Remeber "it is better to wait than to get stucked! "
Yeah. You have a very valid point there. I'll just wait it out.

Thanks so much for your advice.

Reactions: NikSharma01