+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 118th Draw

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
Well, I'm quite sceptical whether the ECA number or other details for spouse could be updated later! You're supposed to submit a complete profile beforehand to claim the ITA, because when we get the ITA, the profile gets locked and all of our information is stored at back end, so making alterations afterwards would make your profile prone to investigation.

Thus, I will simply recommend you to wait for your spouse's ECA first, only after getting it submit the profile. Remeber "it is better to wait than to be stucked! "
Well, you can add your own ECA now and update your profile later. Just that you would have a different score and depending on the draw you either get the ITA or not. From the initial question, the person does not have the ITA yet and we are still talking about the profile creation.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Well, you can add your own ECA now and update your profile later. Just that you would have a different score and depending on the draw you either get the ITA or not. From the initial question, the person does not have the ITA yet and we are still talking about the profile creation.
Yes, I understand that mate, but as we know draw is only 3 days away and looking at his/her score of 463, if in case the draw cut-off is 461-462, then I'm afraid, this person's profile will be frozen with the ITA and hence no updations could be done!

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
Yes, I understand that mate, but as we know draw is only 3 days away and looking at his/her score of 463, if in case the draw cut-off is 461-462, then I'm afraid, this person's profile will be frozen with the ITA and hence no updations could be done!

If I read the initial query correctly. the person's score WILL be 463 after the spouse's ECA. Currently, that score is based off the CRS tool, not from the actual EE profile as the spouse's ECA is yet to be received and there is no way you can get that score without the ECA number, unless there some fake profile stuff going on here ;)

The 3 days would be irrelevant in this case.

So, you can create a profile now without the spouse's ECA and get a lower crs score and eventually update the profile to 463 once he/she get's the new ECA number.

Reactions: NikSharma01

BryanL

Jul 17, 2018
Is there any one know when cic going to send invitation for Canadian experience class (CEC)? I am pretty sure I met all the criteria under that class, but I just wanna know how often cic will send out invitation under CEC in 2019?

Many thanks

Wolesimi

May 23, 2019
Yeah, thanks again guys for the clarifications. I'll just wait it out the the ECA is ready.

One question though, I plan to have our medicals done upfront since that option is available. But I am thinking, since the first available appointment date is already early July at the affiliated clinic in my country, which I am planning to book in advance by Monday, or else, appointment dates may be far away if I decide to wait till we get ITA before booking the appointment.

My question is, if I go ahead to book the appointment and the ITA is received before we go for the medical exam, does that count as upfront or the regular medical exam?

I am asking this to know what to say when booking the appointment on Monday because when I called initially to make inquiries, they were asking if I already received an ITA which I said no. The way the lady was sounding was as if I need to have received an ITA before I could book an appointment. Just need clarifications on that.

Then secondly, how do we get the form IMM 1017E?

Thanks in advance peeps.

Nsidhu

Apr 27, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-06-2019
If I read the initial query correctly. the person's score WILL be 463 after the spouse's ECA. Currently, that score is based off the CRS tool, not from the actual EE profile as the spouse's ECA is yet to be received and there is no way you can get that score without the ECA number, unless there some fake profile stuff going on here ;)

The 3 days would be irrelevant in this case.

So, you can create a profile now without the spouse's ECA and get a lower crs score and eventually update the profile to 463 once he/she get's the new ECA number.
I don't know for which person is it. But for my spouse's ECA i have the same case . His ECA is due on june 13. you just need the date of completion and reference number. Its mentioned on cic website somewhere that they need to know that you are in the process so its fine to add if you have completion date which i got yesterday. But still I won't add his ECA for this draw. I will wait at 455. If score is too high then for next draw i will add hisECA. Either way my AOR will be still june13 or 14 because i will be missing one document

Reactions: Dheana90

Nsidhu

Apr 27, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-06-2019
Is there any one know when cic going to send invitation for Canadian experience class (CEC)? I am pretty sure I met all the criteria under that class, but I just wanna know how often cic will send out invitation under CEC in 2019?

Many thanks
This coming draw will be no category specific. So its for CEC as well. I am also under CEC.:p

Nsidhu

Apr 27, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-06-2019
Yeah, thanks again guys for the clarifications. I'll just wait it out the the ECA is ready.

One question though, I plan to have our medicals done upfront since that option is available. But I am thinking, since the first available appointment date is already early July at the affiliated clinic in my country, which I am planning to book in advance by Monday, or else, appointment dates may be far away if I decide to wait till we get ITA before booking the appointment.

My question is, if I go ahead to book the appointment and the ITA is received before we go for the medical exam, does that count as upfront or the regular medical exam?

I am asking this to know what to say when booking the appointment on Monday because when I called initially to make inquiries, they were asking if I already received an ITA which I said no. The way the lady was sounding was as if I need to have received an ITA before I could book an appointment. Just need clarifications on that.

Then secondly, how do we get the form IMM 1017E?

Thanks in advance peeps.
You can get it done before ITA. If you are sure you will get ITA soon. As medical is valid for one year.

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017

Many thanks
There is no specific draw for CEC category. What’s your CRS?

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017

Many thanks
Every draw (Except PNP and SKILL TRADE WORKERS) has no criteria . If you have enough points under any category you will get ITA. PNP people are also in this regular draw. But once or twice in a year CIC Do program specific draw which is only for PNP and FSTW candidates.

gauthamponn

Mar 14, 2019
Saw the message below on the website. Does this mean that the draw will happen on 29th?
This online service will be unavailable from 2:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday May 28, 2019, in order to perform system maintenance.

KMB2C2019

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
Hello guys, I am new here. I salute all the great minds on this platform. Good work.

I have been following silently for a while now and I had to go through all the pages from page 1 till date just to catch. I finally did.

To my reason for posting, we just completed our EE profile but we are yet to submit it. Presently waiting for WES to send spouse's ECA. Using the CRS tool however, we were able to reach a CRS score of 463. I have a few questions/clarifications that I need answers to.

1) How reliable is the CRS tool? Meanwhile, using the WES Evaluation tool on their website, it evaluated spouse's Masters degree equivalent to Canadian Master's degree.

2) Should we wait till we receive the ECA to submit our profile? or we can go ahead to submit it while we wait for WES. Hopefully, the ECA would have been received before we apply, after receiving ITA. The bottom line is that we don't want to miss this next draw as it may fall within our CRS point.

3) Please how do we submit our profile after all information are filled. I can't seem to find how yet. A guide will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance everyone.
If the only thing left is SPouse's ECA and you have 450+ score without spouse ECA, then go ahead and open your profile but dont claim points for spouse (dont mention that you have done eca for spouse). I didnt do spouse ECA because getting documents from her university is a pain and I already had too much points!

BryanL

Jul 17, 2018
There is no specific draw for CEC category. What’s your CRS?
Every draw (Except PNP and SKILL TRADE WORKERS) has no criteria . If you have enough points under any category you will get ITA. PNP people are also in this regular draw. But once or twice in a year CIC Do program specific draw which is only for PNP and FSTW candidates.
Thank you. The problem is I dont think I will have enough points to get selected at this moment. Therefore, I would like to go for ONIP under CEC program. Currently I am at 432, upon August 2019, I will have 445 due to 2 year full time experience. Any advise would be greatly appreciate.

roastedpeanuts

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Saw the message below on the website. Does this mean that the draw will happen on 29th?
This online service will be unavailable from 2:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday May 28, 2019, in order to perform system maintenance.
No, system maintenance is completely unrelated to draws. They don’t need a system maintenance to upload a website page. If that was to be true, the draw would be on Tuesday when the system is under maintenance.

I personally feel that the draw could be on Monday.

Reactions: EnthuChap