+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 118th Draw

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
because of stupid lawyer she said first collect document and then profile. I had my IELTS results on 9th April 2019 only BUT she told me to collect all documents.
and that took time
I am more stupid to listen to her and now I am so stressed literally feeling like killing myself.
Now I have all the documents every possible document that cic would ask but no ITA :(

My score is 457 close as yours 456
She was not very wrong

Reactions: Pkpk

Life79

Mar 24, 2019
Guys my score is 432 and i dont see any hope to get through the federal route. I am considering PNP but quite confused where to start as there is a lot of data to read. Would appreciate if someone can assist on the steps and how to go about it and which province to select, would appreciate the help

Reactions: lotpp2018

Lazybug

Star Member
May 1, 2019
On the topic of PCC, I want to ask for your expertise on my situation. I was living in Germany since 2013 and decided to move back beginning of this year. I already had the plan for Canada so I applied for the PCC in person since that's convenient for me and the issuing authority.

My flight was on 8th Jan 2019, 6-7th Jan was weekend. So I went to the office on 4th Jan and that's the date mentioned on my certificate. Do you think a few days of difference will have any effect?

I wanted to explain this on the LOE but since ITA is taking longer than expected (sigh) and it seems like it would take at least a few months to get to 448 (even if it does), I could try apply again online though I don't know the process. But I would only go through all that again if its necessary. What do you guys think?

alibutt2013

Sep 3, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th may 2013
Med's Request
11th september 2013
Med's Done....
17th september 2013
Passport Req..
already submitted with the application
VISA ISSUED...
27th november 2013
LANDED..........
inshallah soon
On the topic of PCC, I want to ask for your expertise on my situation. I was living in Germany since 2013 and decided to move back beginning of this year. I already had the plan for Canada so I applied for the PCC in person since that's convenient for me and the issuing authority.

My flight was on 8th Jan 2019, 6-7th Jan was weekend. So I went to the office on 4th Jan and that's the date mentioned on my certificate. Do you think a few days of difference will have any effect?

I wanted to explain this on the LOE but since ITA is taking longer than expected (sigh) and it seems like it would take at least a few months to get to 448 (even if it does), I could try apply again online though I don't know the process. But I would only go through all that again if its necessary. What do you guys think?
You should be fine. As long as you didn't have a 6 months gap between the date you got the PCC and the last day of residence in that country. for example, if you got the PCC on 4th Jan and left germany on 5th Aug then you would have to get a new one.

Reactions: Lazybug

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
Is it advisable to get PCC and Medicals completed before receiving ITA in order to save time ?
PCC you can get it if you know for sure you get ITA soon.
As for the medical, I know you can get it upfront, but I would rather get it after the ITA just to have some extra time to reach Canada.
Also, the medicals, depends on the doctor also, in San Diego they aren't agreeing to book an appointment without the ITA :/

Edit: I mean the PCC for your current country of residence.

shine04

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Nope! If you turn 30 or above, only then points will be reduced!.
Thanks mate..so I am safe atleast to this extent..I was pretty sure I would get ITA with 448 as I improved my score in Feb but completely clueless about this bizarre situation awaiting ahead. But some instinct within is constantly making me believe that CIC wouldn't get any worser than this and will have b2b draws in coming days with increased ITAs

ironic

Feb 3, 2018
Hi All, need your suggestion about something.

I & my wife completed the express entry application and received ITA back in 2018 October. (She is working in Sweden & the primary applicant, I am working in Bangladesh & is the dependant). Throughout the application, we provided our respective addresses in Sweden & Bangladesh, She completed her medicals and biometric from Sweden, I completed mine from Bangladesh. Yesterday she got the passport submission request (as she is the primary applicant).

My question is, do I need to submit my passport in the Bangladesh VFS office (as I have completed my biometric & medical from here and my address is from Bangladesh) or I need to submit my passport in Sweden along with wife's passport (as she is the primary applicant)? They haven't mentioned anything specifically about where we need to submit passports if we stay in different countries for work but under the same application.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

captainUT

May 23, 2019
What work permit are you in OWP or CWP ? Can't your employee file an extension ?
I am holding open work permit. I think the only way for extension is bridging work permit. But I have to get ITA invitation in order to get the bridging permit. Sad Story

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
CIC has really gone mad. With no draw today, it's going to be four week gap now - this means CRS cut-off will shoot to 462-465 in the next draw if they stick to 3350.

Even if they increase the number, it won't go below 460. I wonder what going on in their mind. A back-to-back draw is now needed to undo some of the damage.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
CIC has really gone mad. With no draw today, it's going to be four week gap now - this means CRS cut-off will shoot to 462-465 in the next draw if they stick to 3350.

Even if they increase the number, it won't go below 460. I wonder what going on in their mind. A back-to-back draw is now needed to undo some of the damage.
They've made us stuck for a long period and screwed ourselves, nothing else. You were lucky mate you already got through this stressful zone.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016

4 weeks gap hurt a lot ~

b2b draw or increase ITA will only decrease/slow down the damage but still a long way to go back 450 or below

Last edited:

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States

Yup, hopefully they have a draw on Monday. 4 week draw will be insane for next few months. Still haven't really recovered from the 3 week draw from January and now this :D

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi All, need your suggestion about something.

I & my wife completed the express entry application and received ITA back in 2018 October. (She is working in Sweden & the primary applicant, I am working in Bangladesh & is the dependant). Throughout the application, we provided our respective addresses in Sweden & Bangladesh, She completed her medicals and biometric from Sweden, I completed mine from Bangladesh. Yesterday she got the passport submission request (as she is the primary applicant).

My question is, do I need to submit my passport in the Bangladesh VFS office (as I have completed my biometric & medical from here and my address is from Bangladesh) or I need to submit my passport in Sweden along with wife's passport (as she is the primary applicant)? They haven't mentioned anything specifically about where we need to submit passports if we stay in different countries for work but under the same application.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I guess, you can submit it to the nearest VFC office. For explicit explaination try to communicate with the CIC agents on the given contact number on its website, they will guide you well!