+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 117th Draw

Agarwalparesh26

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Hi
I'm averse to the idea of CBT, and paper based test would mean waiting for 15 days min for test date, then further 13 days for result and 5 days for delivery of TRF.... boom ,atleasto month gone! So I would just wait out that period, which will witness 4-5 draws anyways. Hoping for the best. Good luck to u mate.
Hi,
CBT doesn't take more than 5-7 days for result and TRF will be with you within 2 days after that. Also, dates are easily available.
My experience was awesome got my wife's result and TRF on same day
Exam day 11th, result and TRF in 15th

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Want to ask/confirm something about the PR process.

My understanding is that once you have a COPR (hopefully) and make an initial visit to Canada (I guess what many here refer to as "Soft Landing"), you are free to live outside of Canada for upto three years. That is post the "soft landing", as long as I spend two our of every five years in Canada the PR remains valid?

Is this understanding correct? The reason I am asking is that I have some personal work that needs to be finished here in the US that will take another year or so.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Want to ask/confirm something about the PR process.

My understanding is that once you have a COPR (hopefully) and make an initial visit to Canada (I guess what many here refer to as "Soft Landing"), you are free to live outside of Canada for upto three years. That is post the "soft landing", as long as I spend two our of every five years in Canada the PR remains valid?

Is this understanding correct? The reason I am asking is that I have some personal work that needs to be finished here in the US that will take another year or so.
As long as you live in Canada minimum of 730 days out of 5 years, then you'll be fine to keep your residency status.

bcca123

Jun 22, 2018
0.1% chance only. CIC releases maintenance notice one day prior to draw every time. Since I cant see any maintenance scheduled for today, so there is no chance of draw happening tommorow.

Btw, I wish your words come true!
Really? where are the maintenance notices published?

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Hi

Hi,
CBT doesn't take more than 5-7 days for result and TRF will be with you within 2 days after that. Also, dates are easily available.
My experience was awesome got my wife's result and TRF on same day
Exam day 11th, result and TRF in 15th
Certainly there are merits in CBT. However, I followed a technique for listening module and could improve to 8.5 from 7.5. I believe that I won't be able to replicate my score with CBT in listening module. It's very distracting to me and that's why I am rigid on the choice of Pen and Paper IELTS test.

Last edited:
Reactions: Agarwalparesh26

AmeyaGodbole

Jul 16, 2018
Anyone expecting a surprise round today? It's only been 9 days since I've been in the pool and the wait is already killing me!
I can't imagine the frustration some of you who've been in the pool for months have.
Well.. At 448, I guess I don't have to imagine. I'll get to experience it.

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
Anyone expecting a surprise round today? It's only been 9 days since I've been in the pool and the wait is already killing me!
I can't imagine the frustration some of you who've been in the pool for months have.
Well.. At 448, I guess I don't have to imagine. I'll get to experience it.
Worried just by 9 days in the pool? :D