VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly! You're right mate. Regardless of the given targets, CIC always extends it. Because only then the estimated targets can be achieved. Its a general tactic, if you'll keep your hopes and targets high, only then desired results can be witnessed.

@keyur sharma you can never be certain about the whole year. Sooner or later, your claims will be falsified by CIC for sure. Last year nobody even imagined that the score would drop below 440, but it did. Even in this year it happened too. So, CIC is always prone to such things and comes out with surprises. I highly doubt your presence after that.

Moreover, talking about the elections thing, new rules cannot be imposed immidiately. It needs to get through plenty of the documentations, authentications and yes/no from the other peers. So, The conservatives would need atleast 3-6 months span to settle down and understand the current scenarios by then. So, if the changes will be done, those will occur in 2020 only, not this year.

You are a Lawyer, right? So, you should know about these things, the implementation of the rules takes time!
There are few statements that are bitterly incorrect.

1. Last year everybody (or almost everybody) was expecting it to drop below 430 and then they were wondering why is it not happening (hello all those that let their OINP NOIs expire). Only in the second half of the year people understood that any big drops are not going to happen. But yes each and every single day people were hoping for it to drop below 440.

2. No whole EE system with draws and PNP does not just fall under one and only way how to change it. In fact there are several ways (some longer and some shorter) how to influence both numbers of ITA and CRS scores needed. You can play with using special ITA calls (for example CEC, FST or PNP only). They can lower amount of ITA and go for the min target rather than going for mid or max level (or even to surpass it slightly). All that can be done without much of approvals (target flexibility is already given and now that we have multi year targets, an excuse to aim for multi year minimum can be easily used). All you need is that specific draw is singed by current immigration minister (which will be changed in case of new government in place) and when it comes to lower draws, an internal memo can be circulated. Again all that is in reach without any need of further approval.
Of course some other changes (like the point system by itself or immigration goals), needs more time. But do not underestimate quick changes (if you want a good example just check Ontario after last provincial elections).

So yes it is good idea to stay alert and estimate probabilities and try to do the best you can.

Reactions: hakweye

ravinder_singh

Apr 11, 2019
Don't worry, as long as he submits the application after his 3rd year of experience, he can take the earlier ITA
Thnaks for the reply mate. So my friend needs to submitt e-APR after 7th june (day he completes 3 years of exp)? And similarly if I get ITA in june's first draw, I should wait until 17th july (day I complete my 3 years) to submit e-APR.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Thnaks for the reply mate. So my friend needs to submitt e-APR after 7th june (day he completes 3 years of exp)? And similarly if I get ITA in june's first draw, I should wait until 17th july (day I complete my 3 years) to submit e-APR.
Yes ~ it is always better to submit 1-2 weeks after you completed your work exp. Just in case you take any day off in between

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Hi all,

One question... My CRS score is 450 and I submitted my profile in first week of March... If my spouse retakes the IELTS exam and gets better score than before, our CRS score will increase by 2 points. Now my question is Shall we retake the IELTS exam or shall we wait for the upcoming draw?
When is your birthday if you are 30+?

- If not anytime soon in the next 2-3 months, just wait for two draws.

- If you wish to cover all risks and don't mind spending money, go for IELTS now.

Cutemom

Dec 23, 2018
Results: Rounds of invitations
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system – May 1, 2019

No program specified

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

Number of invitations issued: 3,350Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 3,350th or above

Date and time of round: May 1, 2019 at 12:03:02 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 450

Tie-breaking rule: November 5, 2018 at 12:27:07 UTC
Please can you explain this tie breaking rule? How come the profile created in Nov was not captured in the jan 30th draw,

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Hello everyone,

I am Suraj and a new member to this group. This is my first post and I was reading some of the earlier posts, congrats to everyone who has received the ITA and good luck to all the others who are waiting patiently.

Just wanted to get ideas and feedback about my current situation.
I have applied for the FSWP on March 10th, 2019 with CRS score of 441. Maxed out in IELTS and work experience.

Based on your knowledge, could you let me know, roughly when there is a probability to receive ITA for the above score, depending on the way the scores are being released. This would help me plan a rough timeline for myself. Thank you very much.
Little tricky through conventional route. You can consider PNPs.

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Even assuming you are right,the number of candidates with 441 - 450 is 4 957.
This can be cleared in one or two draws if the ITAs were increased. Based on this i think its premature to conclude that 447 will be the golden score.
I am not sure if you read my post properly. I said the same thing - ITA increase or lesser gap draws can alter the current situation and bring the cut off below 445 but if they continue strictly with 3350 ITAs and 2 week gap draws then they can keep the cut off above 445.

DreamITA

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Tunisia
my spouse is going to sit for TEF Canada on saturday. unlike the IELTS getting the initial results via e mail takes up to 3 weeks or more and then you have to wait for 2 more weeks to get the certificate with the reference number on it . as you know the reference number is mandatory to add the test results to your profile. i was wondering if it is possible to add the results and add any reference number just to be able to update my profile and get the extra points and when i get the ITA i submit the correct one ? BTW I'm at 450

tomyfirstsnow

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Hi ,
I have a doubt regarding post graduate diploma from indian university , while filling the wes valuation it asks for the starting and ending year and the awarding year.My course started from may 2018 and exams were in December 2018.The provincial certificate has the date 2018 december but the mark sheet which i received few days back has the awarded date in 2019.Now my course duration i should give as 18-18 or 18-19.Can anyone help me on this ?

puzokumar

Star Member
Aug 7, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Banglaore
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2018
AOR Received.
23-11-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
my spouse is going to sit for TEF Canada on saturday. unlike the IELTS getting the initial results via e mail takes up to 3 weeks or more and then you have to wait for 2 more weeks to get the certificate with the reference number on it . as you know the reference number is mandatory to add the test results to your profile. i was wondering if it is possible to add the results and add any reference number just to be able to update my profile and get the extra points and when i get the ITA i submit the correct one ? BTW I'm at 450
You will be setting yourself up for misrepresentation and likely lose your Invite when you finally submit the EE application.
Note: Just getting the ITA is not the end goal, after that comes a huge hurdle and in this process, they will verify how you got the iTA? if they get to know you used a fake reference number and then updated to a correct one you could get refused immediately.

so please don't do it.

DreamITA

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Tunisia
You will be setting yourself up for misrepresentation and likely lose your Invite when you finally submit the EE application.
Note: Just getting the ITA is not the end goal, after that comes a huge hurdle and in this process, they will verify how you got the iTA? if they get to know you used a fake reference number and then updated to a correct one you could get refused immediately.

so please don't do it.
OMG !! I will NOT do it . I feel stupid for thinking of doing that instead of waiting for 2 more weeks

puzokumar

Star Member
Aug 7, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Banglaore
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2018
AOR Received.
23-11-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
OMG !! I will NOT do it. I feel stupid for thinking of doing that instead of waiting for 2 more weeks
it's alright and you were just being creative in rigging the system. but if someone did do it they would be setting a very bad precedent.

Reactions: DreamITA