+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 117th Draw

anandthepilot

Feb 18, 2019
I guess If I do not get ITA in next 2 draws, I'm gonna go solo, as my birthday falls on 10th July. Is there a separate express entry pool for solo candidates? Hw does that work out? or is it the same pool?
Its the same pool and would not
You can even do a distance education program, not necessary to do a regular program. Even a distance education program gives you similar points. This will help you retain your job and work and maintain your funds for future

good luck
Thanks for the advise. Do you mean a Canadian distance education or Indian ? If Canadian, can I claim points for earning a Canadian degree as well ?

DreamITA

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Tunisia
Hi Yes, my CRS right now is without spouse, my score would actually drop if I include my spouse and thanks for the advice on French. I will drop learning French for immigration purposes however would still like to learn the language. Thanks again.
yeah learn it, it will give you a competitive edge when in Canada .

Last edited:

DreamITA

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Tunisia
Mate, Thanks for your encouraging words and I so wish for this to happen soon! Don't want to do all that processing for spouse later. But I'm 30 already, don't want to delay my major move any logner..
you never know may be today is our day :) i'm 31 BTW i'll turn 32 in january 2020

Reactions: mamuso

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Its the same pool and would not

Thanks for the advise. Do you mean a Canadian distance education or Indian ? If Canadian, can I claim points for earning a Canadian degree as well ?
i meant Indian. This im not sure if you can claim Canadian education points for Canadian distance education done outside Canada

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021

veritas1994

Mar 10, 2019
You are free to believe it or leave it. I don't keep a link of everything I read. There's a ton of stuff that you and I read everyday on immigration alone on several channels. I hadn't foreseen that I'll have to stand to a forum trial ;-)

Good luck for us 448s.
The ability to write/type something down does not make what is written true. There is no forum trial but making bold statements with confidence should absolutely be questioned. This culture of whatsApp thats encroaching everywhere is really poisonous. Just because something happened to a friend of mine, or somebody I know said that his uncle's cousin's wife knows somebody in the canadian embassy and they said that... does not make it true. This is really the quality of information and the kind of things I hear people say everywhere here.

Things should be questioned. Critical thinking should be used. Saying `you are free to believe it or leave it` does not add much.

:)

Reactions: mominmalik5

veritas1994

Mar 10, 2019
I can comment on this as I had done some research on OINP while awaiting my ITA.

--- In 2018, they invited all who submitted post 01 Jan 2018.

--- In 2019, they invited all who submitted post 1 Jan 2018 (not 2019)

I know two such cases:
1. One of my friends applied on 31 Dec 2017 with 438 and still waiting for a nomination. He was not picked because he applied a day early, in fact just a few hours.

2. The same friend refreshed his profile first in Aug 2018 and then in Jan 2019 at 438, and this time, neither got direct ITA, nor nomination because this time. OINP was okay to invite 2018 profiles in 2019.

In summary, OINP used to like new profiles in 2018, deviated a little in 2019 and is expected to maintain the same stance throughout 2019. There is no need to refresh the profiles.
I am sorry but your friends case does not mean much. It is one guy.

I would be skeptical of what you said about inviting everyone who submitted post 01 Jan 2018, thats a lot of people but even if it were true, I find it really amazing the conclusions people draw from the slightest of data. There is no logic or reason for why OINP would prefer newer profiles (and if there is that would be a point in your favor) and there is no official source to say that that is so (as far as I know, and if there was that would be a point in your favor too)

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
I don't think it will happen today the site is not down today and neither was down for maintenance yesterday. Next draw would be on 22nd in that case
People have been picking on signs, doesn't mean that those signs will reflect always. However, draws have been happening every 14 days consistently. So we must believe that it will happen today too.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I am sorry but your friends case does not mean much. It is one guy.

I would be skeptical of what you said about inviting everyone who submitted post 01 Jan 2018, thats a lot of people but even if it were true, I find it really amazing the conclusions people draw from the slightest of data. There is no logic or reason for why OINP would prefer newer profiles (and if there is that would be a point in your favor) and there is no official source to say that that is so (as far as I know, and if there was that would be a point in your favor too)
In 2018 they only picked profiles created after Jan 1 2018. It was clearly written in their search criteria.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I don't think it will happen today the site is not down today and neither was down for maintenance yesterday. Next draw would be on 22nd in that case
Maintenance of site has nothing to do with the draws. Its not always true! There has been instances in past, when draws were conducted with or without the maintenance being held.

Ranjitrip

Dec 26, 2018
Hi All,

New to the forum here and request your advice please. Do apologize for a lengthy and off topic post. I am at CRS 441 (score will decrease after my birthday in Oct 19 to 436) , got IELTS CLB 10 (no scope of improvement here, valid till Jan 2021), maxed out on work experience, WES - 3 year bachelor degree. Request your help in selecting the right options below to improve my CRS.

1. Complete 1 year of PG Diploma here in India and then again apply for WES for two more certificate points ( may enter pool again only in Sept 2020. Possible CRS points - 469.
2. Complete 1 year certificate/PG certificate/PG diploma course in Canada. Have enough funds to fund this education as of today.Possible CRS score - 484
3. Learn French and give TEF/TCF in India and score CLB 7 ( dont know any basics of French , hence this may also take about 1 year ). Possible CRS - 478.

Things to Consider :

1. No possible points for Spouse as she is only 10+2 and doesnt have any experience in NOC - O,A or B.
2. Funds available as of today for Spouse +2 Kids. ( May not have enough funds to apply again in Sept 2020 after I complete PG in India or after learning French in one year).
3. May not require POF after if I complete Canadian education, as I would be inland and hopefully with a job offer.( Correct me regarding the POF requirement for Inland applicants)

Taking into consideration the above personal scenarios, what do you all feel is the best way for me to increase CRS. Looking at the current trend, I dont feel there is any way the CRS points will touch 441 or below that. Thanks again in advance.
Hi, An advice to all, if you have studied French earlier or have inclination to learn a new language you should attempt TEF or TCF. Before i attempted TEF i was told it is very difficult and would not get me any points. But the reality is that TEF scoring is possible for each module with minimum B1, for example if you get B1 in listening you endup with 1 point minimum even if you have scored A1 or A2 in others. And B1 in all you would get 4 points which isn't very difficult if you have basic understanding of French. I gave TEF and ended up with 5 additional points (L1,R3,W1,S0) to take my score to 447. Would be reappearing for the exam this month to get few more points to get to 450. With three months of study i managed to get five points and now trying for more. My last TEF exam was computer based, but now opted for paper based at a different center hoping that it would be easier. Hope this helps anyone who is thinking of French to increase your score.