+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 117th Draw

shine04

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Hi Guys,

Just a quick one,i had stayed in the US for 5 months and 20 days which is only 10 days short of the minimum stay criteria for pcc..do I need to get the pcc done for this stay..if yes any idea how and where to do this?
Any help with this???

sureshkp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Oct-2017
Hi all,
I am looking to find some information on proof of funds required :
CIC website suggests that "Funds must be readily available to you. For example, you can't use equity on real property as proof of settlement funds"
so the stocks which we own ,are not really can be used to show proof of funds , is that true ?
also if we do not have a joint account (Applicant and Spouse) , how do prove that we have access to their funds , a self attested letter ? any direction will be helpful. thank you.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi Guys,

Just a quick one,i had stayed in the US for 5 months and 20 days which is only 10 days short of the minimum stay criteria for pcc..do I need to get the pcc done for this stay..if yes any idea how and where to do this?
They don't normally ask you a pcc for your stay in the US coz it's not complete 6 months, but it's up to immigration officer to decide whether they need it or not.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi all,
CIC website suggests that "Funds must be readily available to you. For example, you can't use equity on real property as proof of settlement funds"
so the stocks which we own ,are not really can be used to show proof of funds , is that true ?
also if we do not have a joint account (Applicant and Spouse) , how do prove that we have access to their funds , a self attested letter ? any direction will be helpful. thank you.
A self attesting letter will do. Just write a letter and account owner should sign it. Or account owner may request a letter from the bank which certifies the access to the account for a partner/spouse.

matteis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Hi all,
If funds are in the accompanying spouse's account, he/she must provide a letter attesting you have total access to the money and that this money is for immigration purposes.

Folaroyal

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
I have a query regarding PCC.
Does it matter it my PCC expires after ITA? I mean I got my PCC in february and if I get ITA by say June/July. Will it be ok? Or PCC needs to be valid till eAOR?
PCC will be accepted even if it has expired. There are cic regulations under assessing PR applications. If you need the extract I can post it...

• For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
  • Police certificates meeting the above requirements can be accepted even if they have an expiry date that has passed.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Last edited:
Reactions: prsingh

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
It is because, in this month there are 5 wednesdays, so the maintenance could be done any other week usually, twice a month.

By the way, Talking about the ITA numbers, I don't really think there will be an increase at this part of the year. However, still we're up to be surprised by the CIC.
Agreed.

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Can you post a link to where you read it? I am sorry, but this is just not true. If it is true, they would not tell us this precisely because everyone would keep deleting and re-creating their profiles. Also WHY would OINP care when the profile was made? This just cannot be true. Lets not lose our grips on our critical thinking and lets not believe things just because it happened to this one guy that we know :)

Also 448, good luck, I suspect your time (and mine) is coming soon in the next few months!!! :D
You are free to believe it or leave it. I don't keep a link of everything I read. There's a ton of stuff that you and I read everyday on immigration alone on several channels. I hadn't foreseen that I'll have to stand to a forum trial ;-)

Good luck for us 448s.

royalking

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Hi I am not highly optimistic for this draw lots of PNp invitations from lot of provinces so I think it might be of very high cut off score ..500+... Not sure fingers crossed .... Let us hope for a good draw so that it becomes a start for low point draws .... Sitting with 456 .... First time in last 4 years I thought I had a chance for a ITA but no draws yesterday .... Alberta pnp invitation news.....Very nervous........

royalking

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
It is not like this. Crs score depends on the amount of candidates that enters the pool, apart from those who are currently in it. Also, the score is related to how many ITA Cic decide to issue, which have been stayed at 3350 since February.

So, a cut off above 500 is virtually impossible in this scenario.

One thing that can crush everybody's hope is CIC does not hold a draw tomorrow though. That would rise cut off back to 457 or close to it.
But what about all these PNP invites they will suddenly be in the pool right ??