+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 116th Draw

Suhasrs

Apr 20, 2019
Singapore
NOC Code......
This draw was my last hope. My score is 450, yet I did not qualify because I submitted my profile on March 10,2019. My birthday is on 9th May. After that, my score will become 445 :-(

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Congrats to all those who made it through today!

The draws (happening every 2 weeks) and cut offs have become very predictable and it will continue to do so till we have that surprise 1 week gap draw.

I am expecting the 1 week gap surprise draw to happen this month as we have 5 Wednesdays! Hoping it does happen!

If not, another CRS 450 cut off draw will happen on May 15th!
Hey @abhishek_89 ,
I really doubt that there will be a 1-week draw this month. Because, if CIC keeps on conducting the draws every 2 weeks as its doing at present, still there would be 3 draws in May, as of the presence of 5 Wednesdays throughout this month.

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Hey @abhishek_89 ,
I really doubt that there will be a 1-week draw this month. Because, if CIC keeps on conducting the draws every 2 weeks as its doing at present, still there would be 3 draws in May, as of the presence of 5 Wednesdays throughout this month.
If they strictly continue with 2 week gap draws and 3350 ITAs throughout the year, they will fall a bit short of the expected ITA target considering the previous year ITA targets and the increased target this year.

So, either they have to conduct a few 1 week gap draws or increase the number of ITAs being issued in future draws.

May, July and October are the months with 5 Wednesdays this year, so if they opt to have 1 week gap draws instead of increasing the number of ITAs being issued, they are likely to conduct the 1 week gap draws in these months.

Yes, but the optimum way would be to slightly increase the ITA counts in each draw thereby ensuring they keep the cut off to the maximum possible extent.

Reactions: swethaa

Sharma21069

Dec 12, 2018
Hi Guys,

We got a surprise invitation in 116th Draw.

My Wife ( primary applicant ) was to complete her 3rd work anniversary in first week of June which was supposed to boost our score to 470 from initial 445 when we submitted her profile in April.

But it seems CIC gave us those points one month ahead due to which we got invitation from last draw (1st May) itself. We didn't even check the profile until today as we were not expecting any breakthrough with 445 points considering high cut-off this season.

Now we are confused as to why this happened and if it is safe to accept this invitation since one month is still left for my wife to complete 3 years.

Any suggestion on this will helpful.

Apr 19, 2019
Hi Guys,

My Wife ( primary applicant ) was to complete her 3rd work anniversary in first week of June which was supposed to boost our score to 470 from initial 445 when we submitted her profile in April.

But it seems CIC gave us those points one month ahead due to which we got invitation from last draw (1st May) itself. We didn't even check the profile until today as we were not expecting any breakthrough with 445 points considering high cut-off this season.

Now we are confused as to why this happened and if it is safe to accept this invitation since one month is still left for my wife to complete 3 years.

Hey. Congratulations!
I would be completing 3 years of work in June as well. My points were updated on the 1st of May and revised to 471. Got the ITA soon after.

I have started my documentation process. I believe it is safe to continue and submit only after one month when your wife completes her 3 years of work.

Still open to suggestions and anyone else's thoughts on this.

Reactions: Sharma21069

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi Guys,

Yes, it is safe to accept the invitation right away. However, you're not supposed to submit the documents before the completion date of your work experience. As soon as the respective date is passed, you can claim the additional points by uploading the respective documents and submit the application.

Reactions: Sharma21069

Sharma21069

Dec 12, 2018
Yes, it is safe to accept the invitation right away. However, you're not supposed to submit the documents before the completion date of your work experience. As soon as the respective date is passed, you can claim the additional points by uploading the respective documents and submit the application.
Hey. Congratulations!
I would be completing 3 years of work in June as well. My points were updated on the 1st of May and revised to 471. Got the ITA soon after.

I have started my documentation process. I believe it is safe to continue and submit only after one month when your wife completes her 3 years of work.

Still open to suggestions and anyone else's thoughts on this.
Thanks @NikSharma01 & @RochelleAlford for your input.

Reactions: RochelleAlford

Sharma21069

Dec 12, 2018
Hi Guys,

I had a query regarding UK PCC which i started applying recently.

I was in UK for a combined stay of aprox 6 months spread across 5 visits. My stay was usually in a hotel or service apartment.

Do i need to give the address of these all the hotels and apartment in the PCC application ?

It would be helpful if someone could shed some light on it .

Tiaa

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Dear guys

My points became 463 today because luckily my IELTS bands increased.

However, when I contact my immigration consultant and I was informed that she quit her job. Obviously, nobody notified me.

This is at least the third time the people who were supposed to help me quit. I have paid half fees a year ago.

If you can see my old thread, you will find one post about complaining about their service with many reasons and proofs.

Anyway, I decided to apply for myself so I called them and emailed them. So far, no one reply to me.

My questions are:

1. The immigration agency has created an EE profile for me with scores 443 in the pool. Am I eligible to create another profile for myself before they cancel my previous profile?
2. What can I do if they do not cancel the profile for me?
3. I submitted my BOWP application by mail CIC last week while the previous EE profile was active. My plan was to submit the AOR by Webform when I receive it in order to get the BOWP (I knew it is risky but I have no choice). If I create another EE profile which will be later than I mailed the application. Does it make sense to the immigration officers?

Really need your help! Thank you in advance!

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Dear guys

My points became 463 today because luckily my IELTS bands increased.

However, when I contact my immigration consultant and I was informed that she quit her job. Obviously, nobody notified me.

This is at least the third time the people who were supposed to help me quit. I have paid half fees a year ago.

If you can see my old thread, you will find one post about complaining about their service with many reasons and proofs.

Anyway, I decided to apply for myself so I called them and emailed them. So far, no one reply to me.

My questions are:

1. The immigration agency has created an EE profile for me with scores 443 in the pool. Am I eligible to create another profile for myself before they cancel my previous profile?
2. What can I do if they do not cancel the profile for me?
3. I submitted my BOWP application by mail CIC last week while the previous EE profile was active. My plan was to submit the AOR by Webform when I receive it in order to get the BOWP (I knew it is risky but I have no choice). If I create another EE profile which will be later than I mailed the application. Does it make sense to the immigration officers?

Really need your help! Thank you in advance!
Tia ,these consultancies are very shrewd.
Although they informed you that your consultant has quit the job ,she has not left actually .If they have other branches within the country,they keep on shuffle the staff .This is to ensure that if customer finds that he/she is being cheated ,he/she will not be able to blame the consultant assigned to him /her straighaway.Additionally ,they wont give you a direct access to your profile on cic website.This is the case in some consultancies ,not all.

Well, you can yourself file your case while following the steps and suggestion by members in this forum.If you still feel that you cant do , then I would recommend you to go for a Canadian consultant registered with IRCC as they will share the access to your profile ,which I think help maintain the transperency .

Last edited:

Tiaa

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Tia ,these consultancies are very shrewd.
Although they informed you that your consultant has quit the job ,she has not left actually .If they have other branches within the country,they keep on shuffle the staff .This is to ensure that if customer finds that he/she is being cheated ,he/she will not be able to blame the consultant assigned to him /her straighaway.Additionally ,they wont give you a direct access to your profile on cic website.This is the case in some consultancies ,not all.

Well, you can yourself file your case while following the steps and suggestion by members in this forum.If you still feel that you cant do , then I would recommend you to go for a Canadian consultant registered with IRCC as they will share the access to your profile ,which I think help maintain the transperency .
I have received their email to acknowledge the receipt of my email. I think I have have chance to meet their boss soon on Monday or Wednesday.

Let's see if I can get my profile login and documents back.

Fingers crossed!

Thank you!

SaniG

May 6, 2019
@Immigration_guru @NikSharma01

Hey guys, please help me understand this. So my parents and my brother have sent me money (10k CAD) to meet the minimum requirement for POF. Now the thing is they had cash and they just transferred it into my account in batches. Basically, it is not that they withdrew money from their bank accounts and moved it to mine.
Now the POF letter template that I have seen in multiple threads talk about Donor's bank account/cheque etc details in the letter which I will not be able to produce. I am a single applicant. Would it be a problem if I mention in my POF letter and LOE as well that the money has been transferred via cash?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
@Immigration_guru @NikSharma01

Hey guys, please help me understand this. So my parents and my brother have sent me money (10k CAD) to meet the minimum requirement for POF. Now the thing is they had cash and they just transferred it into my account in batches. Basically, it is not that they withdrew money from their bank accounts and moved it to mine.
Now the POF letter template that I have seen in multiple threads talk about Donor's bank account/cheque etc details in the letter which I will not be able to produce. I am a single applicant. Would it be a problem if I mention in my POF letter and LOE as well that the money has been transferred via cash?
As, its also a type of gift deed from the parents, so it should be acceptable. Thus, I don't think, there would be any problem untill you're able to explain every aspect of this scenario. So, you need to submit an LOE for this!

Was the payment added to your account directly?

SaniG

May 6, 2019
As, its also a type of gift deed from the parents, so it should be acceptable. Thus, I don't think, there would be any problem untill you're able to explain every aspect of this scenario. So, you need to submit an LOE for this!

Was the payment added to your account directly?
yep @NikSharma01 direct credited to my account. Also, I have 2 Mutual Funds on the same account, though I am not planning to liquidate it till I get a PR, so should I mention in my LoE about MF deductions which happen every month from my account and that I plan to close both the MFs before moving to Canada? What do you suggest?