+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 116th Draw

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Well, completely agree with your viewpoint. The wasted ITAs will be regenrated again for sure in the second half I guess.

@SeniorStakes @13nitinsharma @skg1988
Thanks guys, for your believe in me! I really appreciate that. Besides, I've already decided to give my final shot to the Ielts on May 11, as I really can't wait anymore.
Lol! @SeniorStakes whatever you told about your love life and married one, that was humorous and rational. :D
Apart from that, I would love to get some reading tips from you. I'm looking forward to increase scores not only in the two modules, but to get the CLB 10 this time.

Anyways, my main concern was, if CIC is not going to lower the score, the pool size of the 440-450 applicants will continue to be increased adding further load into the system. How CIC is going to tackle with that? @pessacanada
Are you doing CBT or paper based? For reading, you can do a series of tests and identify the pattern in your mistakes.

I did the same and made notes on the exact type of mistakes I was doing. I will message you my 5-6 points which were lacking in me. These may or may not be applicable to you as you may have your own set of mistakes which you typically do.

Reactions: NikSharma01

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Are you doing CBT or paper based? For reading, you can do a series of tests and identify the pattern in your mistakes.

I did the same and made notes on the exact type of mistakes I was doing. I will message you my 5-6 points which were lacking in me. These may or may not be applicable to you as you may have your own set of mistakes which you typically do.
I'm up for the paper based one. In Reading, "True, False or Not Given" questions are more challenging comparatively to others. I always make some blunders while solving these.
After that, The list of Paragraph headings and The writers match box, I find these a bit confusing.

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
I'm up for the paper based one. In Reading, "True, False or Not Given" questions are more challenging comparatively to others. I always make some blunders while solving these.
After that, The list of Paragraph headings and The writers match box, I find these a bit confusing.
This is very high-level description. Which precise exact blunder you make? For instance, do you not have attention to detail in true/false questions OR do you get confused between different possible headers for various paragraphs? For all these aspects, check the right answer and do a thorough analysis of what confused you and what you could have prioritized to get to the right answer...

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
This is very high-level description. Which precise exact blunder you make? For instance, do you not have attention to detail in true/false questions OR do you get confused between different possible headers for various paragraphs? For all these aspects, check the right answer and do a thorough analysis of what confused you and what you could have prioritized to get to the right answer...
In most of the cases, I get confused between False and Not Given. Sometimes, when we're asked to match the Writer's name, with the claims he/she has made, from the given list of Writers' names, along with the questions. Not always, but sometimes I find it hard!

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Must admit - after reading posts here and detailed analysis of distribution of people in crs pool, I'm beyond horrified to know my chances are very slim :(
Please suggest any steps/tips to improve CRS. My current CRS is 450 and birthday on 10th July :(
You'll be fine. Don't worry. When did you submit?

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
My profile is submitted on March 28th, but I had CRS of 395 before 6th April. On 6th April, they updated my CRS to 450 due to better IELTS score.
Does it make different in terms of tie-break? I mean updates in profile?
If you don't get ITA in next two draws, give IELTS again.

Ajib

Apr 27, 2019
Hi guys, I am new here. I have a CRS score of 449 and will be losing 5 points in July. I still have scope to increase my score to 452 if I max out IELTS. Do you think 449 is good to receive ITA before July or should I take IELTS once more to improve my scores?
Thanks

Ali1122

Nov 15, 2018
In the pool with a score off 447 since the 5th of February, I’ve just sent an ECA for my masters with CES and they received my documents on the 24th of this month, any idea how long do they take for completing an Assesment ?? Would take my score to a minimum of 479 or a maximum of 486 depending on the outcome of the Assesment, ielts expiring in October this year.

rharmon

Mar 19, 2019
Good morning - I am heading into my 3rd IELTS test today because the IRCC are being jerks with these high cut off scores..
Wish me luck!

T80

Mar 20, 2019
In the pool with a score off 447 since the 5th of February, I’ve just sent an ECA for my masters with CES and they received my documents on the 24th of this month, any idea how long do they take for completing an Assesment ?? Would take my score to a minimum of 479 or a maximum of 486 depending on the outcome of the Assesment, ielts expiring in October this year.
They take anywhere between 12 and 14 weeks from the date when your institute sends them verified education documents. If you have send them the institute verified documents directly then 12 weeks timeline starts from that date.

They are really good on follow up calls too.

You can call them if there is no update on your profile timelines on their website after 8th week

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Well, completely agree with your viewpoint. The wasted ITAs will be regenrated again for sure in the second half I guess.

@SeniorStakes @13nitinsharma @skg1988
Thanks guys, for your believe in me! I really appreciate that. Besides, I've already decided to give my final shot to the Ielts on May 11, as I really can't wait anymore.
Lol! @SeniorStakes whatever you told about your love life and married one, that was humorous and rational. :D
Apart from that, I would love to get some reading tips from you. I'm looking forward to increase scores not only in the two modules, but to get the CLB 10 this time.

Anyways, my main concern was, if CIC is not going to lower the score, the pool size of the 440-450 applicants will continue to be increased adding further load into the system. How CIC is going to tackle with that? @pessacanada
If CIC can't get targeted immigrants for 2019, they will start issuing more itas. They will know that second half of the year. If they increase we may see crs dropping to 444-445, probably even lower. At this moment CIC is processing the backlog from 2018.
Also, for 440s crs there are PNP options which should be considered seriously from now on.
Best of luck guys and never give up your dream.

Reactions: kidsy