+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 116th Draw

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
@SeniorStakes @13nitinsharma @skg1988 @pessacanada
Guys, do you think CIC has any other plans for the 440s-450s applicants?

As we've become very much familiar with the current scenario and know that the 450+ candidates have reserved the ee-pool system to a great extent. That's why it has become extensively difficult for the applicants in the range of 440-450, to get through. So, "do you think CIC would let these candidates sit unnecessarily and wait for ages for their turn?" Its really unfair at their part. They have to do something at this stage. As, we know mastering the Ielts is not an easy task. Being here, we have experienced how much struggle one must have dealt with, before joining here. So, it shouldn't be wasted like this.! Therefore, CIC must come with some new strategies or atleast increase the ITA numbers. Otherwise, within due time the figure of 440-450 applicants will be doubled!

Last edited:

aloobharta01

Sep 30, 2018

As we've become very much familiar with the current scenario and know that the 450+ candidates have reserved the ee-pool system to a great extent. That's why it has become extensively difficult for the applicants in the range of 440-450, to get through. So, "do you think CIC would let these candidates sit unnecessarily and wait for ages for their turn?" Its really unfair at their part. They have to do something at this stage. As, we know mastering the Ielts is not an easy task. Being here, we have experienced how much struggle one must have dealt with, before joining here. So, it shouldn't be wasted like this.! Therefore, CIC must come with some new strategies or atleast increase the ITA numbers. Otherwise, within due time the figure of 440-450 applicants will be doubled!
I feel for you buddy, but think of this way; we are not their customers who they need to service. If we look pragmatically, they are looking for the best and brightest young people who they can use to grow their economy and society. The mathematic way of looking who is brightest is to assign a score on each skill/criteria they value. Now based on demand to their PR the best people they can attract are being issued an ITA. If we are getting old, or do not have the best of education level, or ability communicate in their language, it is not their problem. They are finding plenty of people who are actually fitting their need at this time. A few years ago, there were not enough people so the cut-off was down. Now I think we have only two option if you are over 30, either get the best of education relatively sooner or score better in a language test. Age is the one factor we have no control on. I am sitting at 448 which was a very good score until last December, now is not good anymore. Will lose 5 more points on 8th of next month; on 443, I am not even considering until end of this year to touch that. Trying again my hands on IELTS to get CLB 10(which is very difficult) but that is all I have.

The only hope I have is that all the ITAs that were not converted to COPR(like mine in Feb), may increase the number of ITAs issued in later part of the year because of not meeting the PR targets(if they have any).

Last edited:

DreamITA

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Tunisia
Teaching hours at school include all those preparation hours for each course at home, any research you're doing and also any articles you're writing. Do not write 18 hours in your reference letter. If you work full time, for teachers it should be between 32-40 hours, sometimes more than 40 hours.
the 14 hours are for the hours are i spend in class. In my country teachers are only required to teach 18 hours a week or less. They didn't give me a reference letter only documents that prove my salary, work experience, and that I am a permanent employee there is no mention whatsoever of the number of weekly working hours or the job description. This is not like a private school where i can talk my way through it. I work for the goverment i can only get standardized documents .

skg1988

Feb 11, 2019

Hey Nik,
I can totally understand how it feels like to wait for an ITA after going through such daunting processes like IELTS, ECA and so on. I was hoping too that there would be an increase in the number of ITAs but it didn't happen yet. The low numbers of ITAs are the consequences of draws happened in January.
We are not very far from here to witness several godsends such as NOIs from Ontario HCP stream, increased ITAs, decrease in 450+ candidates and one-week draw. It's all about a matter of time and nothing else.
Parallelly, try to attempt IELTS once more. I believe that you can easily max out a minimum of 2 parts and that would be enough. Your English is awesome, buddy.

Good Luck!

skg1988

Feb 11, 2019
the 14 hours are for the hours are i spend in class. In my country teachers are only required to teach 18 hours a week or less. They didn't give me a reference letter only documents that prove my salary, work experience, and that I am a permanent employee there is no mention whatsoever of the number of weekly working hours or the job description. This is not like a private school where i can talk my way through it. I work for the goverment i can only get standardized documents .
I hope, there would a clause, even for government employees, which contains all the pieces of information and conditions relating to a specific job and in your case, it's a teacher.
I think we should provide the documents which are recommended by IRCC in order to get the application to be through smoothly. Anyway, this is my opinion and the rest is up to you.

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto

Look! It's very unpredictable. What changes CIC will do in their strategy until elections in Oct - only they themselves know.

As for your case, at 444, I think it's more efficient to increase the score than to keep waiting.

Reading - I found this the easiest and scored perfect 9 each time which means 80 out of 80 questions correct in aggregate. I can share my strategies with you.

Listening - it's again little based on luck and you can easily get 8.5 on your day. I got 8 each time. Think about it - you got 8. In the same exam, had you scored one/two more questions right, you would have gotten 8.5.

The other two sections - you can prepare but it's generally more difficult to increase them overnight.

If you improve reading and listening, your CRS score becomes 450.

I am almost 35. Based on my knowledge and experience, I genuinely think you should re-attempt IELTS and enhance score in at least reading and listening if not in all four.

At 444, we need two back-to-back draws (i.e.three in a sequence), not one. This is possible, but not likely.

As far as IELTS cost is concerned, I'll tell you a funny way to offset the cost through a different manner. Going by your messages, this is your dream and in life, one should not think a lot about cost while pursuing a dream. For instance, I spent more on my wife when I was dating, in comparison to what I spend on her now. Back then, she was my dream; now, it's business as usual :)

All the best!!! You will make it for sure !!!!

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Look! It's very unpredictable. What changes CIC will do in their strategy until elections in Oct - only they themselves know.

As for your case, at 444, I think it's more efficient to increase the score than to keep waiting.

Reading - I found this the easiest and scored perfect 9 each time which means 80 out of 80 questions correct in aggregate. I can share my strategies with you.

Listening - it's again little based on luck and you can easily get 8.5 on your day. I got 8 each time. Think about it - you got 8. In the same exam, had you scored one/two more questions right, you would have gotten 8.5.

The other two sections - you can prepare but it's generally more difficult to increase them overnight.

I am almost 35. Based on my knowledge and experience, I genuinely think you should re-attempt IELTS and enhance score in at least reading and listening if not in all four.

At 444, we need two back-to-back draws (i.e.three in a sequence), not one. This is possible, but not likely.

As far as IELTS cost is concerned, I'll tell you a funny way to offset the cost through a different manner. Going by your messages, this is your dream and in life, one should not think a lot about cost while pursuing a dream. For instance, I spent more on my wife when I was dating, in comparison to what I spend on her now. Back then, she was my dream; now, it's business as usual :)

Pray to God that your wife doesn't see this lol

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019

Interesting logic. If we apply your logic, what is the cutoff score they "have to" accept? If you say 440, someone with 433 will say it should be 430 and one could go on until they have to invite everyone in the pool.

They don't really care about the scores, just the number of people they need.

Reactions: Mr_Chang

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW

For now, they issue only 3350 itas per draw but starting July (probably) they will know whether they should increase # of itas or not. Also, the competition became so high this year.
I guess you guys should wait till July of this year to see anything new will come out. For now, patience to everyone.

Reactions: NikSharma01

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada

Very nicely summarized by @aloobharta01 @skg1988 @SeniorStakes

@NikSharma01 -

I know my friend this wait is painful and the current trend of CRS cut-off is really disturbing. But trust me, like i say always its just a matter of time. Think about me, previously stuck with stupid IELTS for 6 months and when I entered into the pool this year, CRS reached to 457. So, I know the pain of waiting everytime but we cant really do much. The only option is either we increase our scores or else wait for our turns. CIC is not an emotional immigration system wherein they’ll start sending invites to everyone, they are just following the draw rules and picking the first 3350 profiles so far.

Dont worry, Q3 and Q4 will have best draws for this year and you’ll witness it for sure. Till then, you should definitely reattempt
IELTS and I am really hopeful you’ll add few more points to your CRS.

Remember its not over until you WIN.

Last edited:

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Very nicely summarized by @aloobharta01 @skg1988 @SeniorStakes

@NikSharma01 -

I know my friend this wait is painful and the current trend of CRS cut-off is really disturbing. But trust me, like i say always its just a matter of time. Think about me, previously stuck with stupid IELTS for 6 months and when I entered into the pool this year, CRS reached to 457. So, I know the pain of waiting everytime but we cant really do much. The only option is either we increase our scores or else wait for our turns. CIC is not an emotional immigration system wherein they’ll start sending invites to everyone, they are just following the draw rules and picking the first 3350 profiles so far.

Dont worry, Q3 and Q4 will have best draws for this year and you’ll witness it for sure. Till then, you should definitely reattempt
IELTS and I am really hopeful you’ll add few more points to your CRS.

Remember its not over until you dont WIN.
Instead of "Remember its not over until you dont WIN", it should be "Remember its not over until you WIN." :)

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I feel for you buddy, but think of this way; we are not their customers who they need to service. If we look pragmatically, they are looking for the best and brightest young people who they can use to grow their economy and society. The mathematic way of looking who is brightest is to assign a score on each skill/criteria they value. Now based on demand to their PR the best people they can attract are being issued an ITA. If we are getting old, or do not have the best of education level, or ability communicate in their language, it is not their problem. They are finding plenty of people who are actually fitting their need at this time. A few years ago, there were not enough people so the cut-off was down. Now I think we have only two option if you are over 30, either get the best of education relatively sooner or score better in a language test. Age is the one factor we have no control on. I am sitting at 448 which was a very good score until last December, now is not good anymore. Will lose 5 more points on 8th of next month; on 443, I am not even considering until end of this year to touch that. Trying again my hands on IELTS to get CLB 10(which is very difficult) but that is all I have.

The only hope I have is that all the ITAs that were not converted to COPR(like mine in Feb), may increase the number of ITAs issued in later part of the year because of not meeting the PR targets(if they have any).
Well, completely agree with your viewpoint. The wasted ITAs will be regenrated again for sure in the second half I guess.

@SeniorStakes @13nitinsharma @skg1988
Thanks guys, for your believe in me! I really appreciate that. Besides, I've already decided to give my final shot to the Ielts on May 11, as I really can't wait anymore.
Lol! @SeniorStakes whatever you told about your love life and married one, that was humorous and rational. :D
Apart from that, I would love to get some reading tips from you. I'm looking forward to increase scores not only in the two modules, but to get the CLB 10 this time.

Anyways, my main concern was, if CIC is not going to lower the score, the pool size of the 440-450 applicants will continue to be increased adding further load into the system. How CIC is going to tackle with that? @pessacanada