+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 116th Draw

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hello Guys, I need piece of advice from all of you. I am married and my points are 450 with spouse and without spouse points are 480. I have already received invitation in last draw for the file i.e. without spouse at 480 points. Me and my spouse both are in Canada and our work permit are going to expire in July 2019. I am not sure should I wait until end of May for another draws or apply for my own file ?
Hey there,
You have pretty good scores in either case. In May, the cut-off would be revolving around 450, maybe less than that as well. So you can easily claim the ITA, not only for you but for your wife as well. Therefore, no worries. So, you must enter into the pool today onwards if you don't want to be defeated by the Tie-breaking thing.
However, if you're in a rush then simply accept the existing ITA.
As you mentioned, the deadline of the work permit for you and your wife, is due for termination in July, so the former option will be more suitable for you both.

Reactions: skg1988

skg1988

Feb 11, 2019
Lol, hold on then! I would be approaching you guys anytime. Well, By the time I would be nailing it, you would have already claimed the golden ITA. Happy for you buddy. I believe, you and @13nitinsharma will get through in the 116th draw. Good luck to both.

Besides, tell me one thing. Did you also prefer the PP type?
Thanks, bro. I prefer paper-based as well. For me, reading is easier on paper than on a monitor screen.

Reactions: NikSharma01

badesha

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hey there,
You have pretty good scores in either case. In May, the cut-off would be revolving around 450, maybe less than that as well. So you can easily claim the ITA, not only for you but for your wife as well. Therefore, no worries. So, you must enter into the pool today onwards if you don't want to be defeated by the Tie-breaking thing.
However, if you're in a rush then simply accept the existing ITA.
As you mentioned, the deadline of the work permit for you and your wife, is due for termination in July, so the former option will be more suitable for you both.

Thanks for your response. I am already in the pool with 450 score file as well. I have deadline till mid June to apply for PR with 480 scores file. I can wait till end of May.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Thanks for your response. I am already in the pool with 450 score file as well. I have deadline till mid June to apply for PR with 480 scores file. I can wait till end of May.
Don't worry, you have plenty of time then. You will easily get the ITA before that, hopefully in the next 1-2 draws.
At the end, it all depends on you, whatever you feel comfortable with. Your one decision can make a huge difference. With you, being the individual applicant, your wife's application will be delayed for another 1-2 years for the PR process.

krishnapahlajani93

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Hi guys,

My CRS is 438 with IELTS maxed out and ECA as Bachelors 4 year.

I’m now planning to go for 1 year PG Diploma as I have couple of years before CRS starts decreasing because of age..

Just wanted to check with you guys if this is the correct decision.

Also, if anybody has done any such course pls help me to choose institution and course.

Thanks in advance!!
@Seniors, please shred some light on this!!

badesha

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Don't worry, you have plenty of time then. You will easily get the ITA before that, hopefully in the next 1-2 draws.
At the end, it all depends on you, whatever you feel comfortable with. Your one decision can make a huge difference. With you, being the individual applicant, your wife's application will be delayed for another 1-2 years for the PR process.
Yes, I think it is better to wait for another 1 month .

Reactions: NikSharma01