+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 116th Draw

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
If it were me, I'd get the IQAS evaluation. In my journey of almost 3 years, I've found that rules have changed often enough to make waiting a risk.

Hello,
Though i have been actively following the discussions in 'Ray of Hope' forums, this i my first time posting here. Kindly pardon any lack of forum specific rules or ethics. :D

I am in a dilemma regarding my entry in the pool. I applied on 2nd march, and i am currently sitting at 446. I did my B.A,LLB (an integrated course of 5 years), from a very reputed institution of my country. As per CIC guidelines and criteria, LL.B is an entrance level professional degree, however, the WES guys didn't count it so and gave me a dual bachelors evaluation. Had i been given a professional degree evaluation, i would have been sitting at 454 rn, and would have sailed through the first draw conducted post to my entry in the pool. However, due to this issue, i am down at 446. Someone with the same degree from the same institution applied through IQAS and he got professional degree evaluation.
So, i am quite unsure about what to do...
Should i get a fresh evaluation from IQAS?
Or should i just wait for like a couple of months, because as far IQAS, they mentioned it on their site that the processing period for the evaluation might be close to 6 months or at least 5 months (not to mention additional efforts and resources required to get that done).

So do you think 446 has some chance of getting through in some time near future (maximum being 5 months i.e IQAS waiting period), or should i just do it already?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hey Bro @NikSharma01,
These high cut-offs were kinda killing me because I wanted to submit my pr application before june end as my current contract will end by that time. Nevertheless, I had plenty of room to increase my score through ielts and I decided to go for 6th april after seeing 451 on 3rd april. I got my result last night, on line, and my new score is 450.
So sorry buddy to let you know a bit late. I am sick of keeping the things unrevealed until I am not over with them, but this is my characteristic. To be honest, I got the motivation to write ielts from you guys, thanks buddies.

The only thing I wanted to say is that if you think you can increase your score, go for it asap. Now the backlog is around 450 on each point ranging from 441 to 450 or around 2200 between 445 and 450 as on 12th april. It seems difficult to reach the cut-off early 440s until there is no b2b draw or increment in itas. I always expected that there would be an increase in itas but it never happened.

Suraj
Ohh! That's great. Glad to hear that mate. Many congratulations. Now, its my turn to improve the scores.

Reactions: skg1988

Ali1122

Nov 15, 2018
@ravinder_singh CES accepts provisional for immigration. They say either provisional or degree certificate. Please check it once again.
I’ve spoken to CES multiple times and they confirmed that provisional certificate is accepted for an ECA for immigration purposes. I have applied for my masters credential Assesment from CES currently in the pool at 447.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hey Bro @NikSharma01,
These high cut-offs were kinda killing me because I wanted to submit my pr application before june end as my current contract will end by that time. Nevertheless, I had plenty of room to increase my score through ielts and I decided to go for 6th april after seeing 451 on 3rd april. I got my result last night, on line, and my new score is 450.
So sorry buddy to let you know a bit late. I am sick of keeping the things unrevealed until I am not over with them, but this is my characteristic. To be honest, I got the motivation to write ielts from you guys, thanks buddies.

The only thing I wanted to say is that if you think you can increase your score, go for it asap. Now the backlog is around 450 on each point ranging from 441 to 450 or around 2200 between 445 and 450 as on 12th april. It seems difficult to reach the cut-off early 440s until there is no b2b draw or increment in itas. I always expected that there would be an increase in itas but it never happened.

Suraj
Great News and Congratulations!!

@NikSharma01 I will suggest you to reattempt IELTS. Its better to utilize the time, improve your score and try your luck. Please think about it!

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Yes! I'm looking forward to it now. Feeling a bit nervous though.
However, I'm confused with PP & CB?
It totally depends on you my friend, opt for the option you’re more comfortable with.

In my opinion, the only plus point you should look out is - how soon you can get the desired result. CB seems best fit in your case. The earlier you crack the test, the better chance of increasing your score and ofcourse, nail down the golden ITA.

Suraj did the right thing and with 450 CRS, he is through in the next round most probably.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
It totally depends on you my friend, opt for the option you’re more comfortable with.

In my opinion, the only plus point you should look out is - how soon you can get the desired result. CB seems best fit in your case. The earlier you crack the test, the better chance of increasing your score and ofcourse, nail down the golden ITA.

Suraj did the right thing and with 450 CRS, he is through in the next round most probably.
Well, I feel comfortable with the PP one, because I don't know a thing about the Comouter based. I've also heard that listening is quite challenging in that one comparatively to the paper one.
Yes, waiting doesn't seem very reasonable here. So, I'll have to go for it without having a second thought.

skg1988

Feb 11, 2019
Ohh! That's great. Glad to hear that mate. Many congratulations. Now, its my turn to improve the scores.
Thanks, buddy! Go for it.
I'm quite confident that you will increase your score and we will join Nitin's 450 club.
I feel like God can't be so angry at us started from unnecessary delay in ECA, B2B draw followed by 3-week draw, and now reduced ITAs.

Good Luck!

skg1988

Feb 11, 2019
Yes! I'm looking forward to it now. Feeling a bit nervous though.
However, I'm confused with PP & CB?
Don't be nervous, think like you have nothing to lose. You have already had acquired CLB 9 so nothing to think about it. I am sure you will nail it down but do it asap as suggested by Nitin.

Reactions: NikSharma01

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Thanks, mate! Your posts have been awesome. Very happy to join you at 450, but waiting for NikSharma to accompany us.
Lol, hold on then! I would be approaching you guys anytime. Well, By the time I would be nailing it, you would have already claimed the golden ITA. Happy for you buddy. I believe, you and @13nitinsharma will get through in the 116th draw. Good luck to both.

Besides, tell me one thing. Did you also prefer the PP type?

badesha

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hello Guys, I need piece of advice from all of you. I am married and my points are 450 with spouse and without spouse points are 480. I have already received invitation in last draw for the file i.e. without spouse at 480 points. Me and my spouse both are in Canada and our work permit are going to expire in July 2019. I am not sure should I wait until end of May for another draws or apply for my own file ?