+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 113th Draw

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
No Offence, WES is insane and I hate it to the next level. First of all, they ask to send the transcripts directly issued by the university in a university sealed envelope, either you should post or your university. Then they take 8-10 days to review your transcripts to decide whether to accept or not. In my case, may not be true for all, they didn't accept one of my document and when I called along with sending a message, they apologized and accepted it with an unnecessary delay of 4-5 days. After this, they send your documents to the university for verification which might be okay but then why did they ask us to send the transcripts directly issued by the university! If they wish to verify, they should accept a copy like what we send for degree certificate. This verification process literally sucks. For verification, they give seven weeks to the university and wait for their reply and then they send a reminder and again wait for seven weeks. Meanwhile, if you call WES, they say it is confidential you are not supposed to do anything. After a couple of weeks, if you contact your university they will say they replied whereas WES will say that they did not receive any reply. Again if you call WES, their call center person have no idea what to tell they can give you only the information what you already have from your account. Finally, after receiving the verification email they take 10 days to review it and another 20 days to prepare your evaluation report.

In addition to the standard service, Why WES don't provide emergency service with extra fees. As they are a big organization, they must have their branches/agents to get the verification done directly from the university. I personally felt it very unprofessional because they don't care about how valuable the time is.
There are many here including me who hate WES with a passion lol.

You should check their reviews, they're the worst Educational Assessment Centre. I went through extreme levels of stress with them regarding my PG Qualifications. They lack proper knowledge regarding the education system when it comes to South Asian and to an extent UK universities.

Despite my PG certificate program from UK being 1 year program, even my university send them an official letter stating that I was enrolled as a student for 2 semesters and it is considered as a full 1 year academic program. yet, they were lethargic. Finally, after two weeks of exhaustion they finally corrected their mistake and issued a new ECA.

On the other hand, IQAS hands down were perfect with their credentials. They evaluated my PG certificate correctly as a 1 year Graduate Certificate program. I never went through the same ordeal with them as I did with WES. Yes, the waiting period sucked but overall, the entire experience was pleasant and the best part, they gave a positive ECA without much hassle.

From my research, I have found that among the 5 educational assessments organizations for Canada. IQAS tops the list and WES is ranked at the bottom in terms of overall positive assessment satisfaction and customer experience.

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
No Offence, WES is insane and I hate it to the next level. First of all, they ask to send the transcripts directly issued by the university in a university sealed envelope, either you should post or your university. Then they take 8-10 days to review your transcripts to decide whether to accept or not. In my case, may not be true for all, they didn't accept one of my document and when I called along with sending a message, they apologized and accepted it with an unnecessary delay of 4-5 days. After this, they send your documents to the university for verification which might be okay but then why did they ask us to send the transcripts directly issued by the university! If they wish to verify, they should accept a copy like what we send for degree certificate. This verification process literally sucks. For verification, they give seven weeks to the university and wait for their reply and then they send a reminder and again wait for seven weeks. Meanwhile, if you call WES, they say it is confidential you are not supposed to do anything. After a couple of weeks, if you contact your university they will say they replied whereas WES will say that they did not receive any reply. Again if you call WES, their call center person have no idea what to tell they can give you only the information what you already have from your account. Finally, after receiving the verification email they take 10 days to review it and another 20 days to prepare your evaluation report.

In addition to the standard service, Why WES don't provide emergency service with extra fees. As they are a big organization, they must have their branches/agents to get the verification done directly from the university. I personally felt it very unprofessional because they don't care about how valuable the time is.
True! They should feel the accountability.

The process is unfair to those who get stuck in the verification process .

In my case too, they took almost 1.5 - 2 months without any verification.

PS_001

Mar 6, 2019
As they have reduced the number of ITAs, CRS 444 is no longer a safe score. With bi-weekly draws and 3350 ITAs, it is tough for the CRS to decrease to 444 OR could drag down to 444 slowly taking some months to reach there.

But if there are 1 week gap draws OR CIC goes back to inviting 3900 ITAs bi-weekly, then you have a good chance.
Thanks @abhishek_89

skg1988

Feb 11, 2019
There are many here including me who hate WES with a passion lol.

You should check their reviews, they're the worst Educational Assessment Centre. I went through extreme levels of stress with them regarding my PG Qualifications. They lack proper knowledge regarding the education system when it comes to South Asian and to an extent UK universities.

Despite my PG certificate program from UK being 1 year program, even my university send them an official letter stating that I was enrolled as a student for 2 semesters and it is considered as a full 1 year academic program. yet, they were lethargic. Finally, after two weeks of exhaustion they finally corrected their mistake and issued a new ECA.

On the other hand, IQAS hands down were perfect with their credentials. They evaluated my PG certificate correctly as a 1 year Graduate Certificate program. I never went through the same ordeal with them as I did with WES. Yes, the waiting period sucked but overall, the entire experience was pleasant and the best part, they gave a positive ECA without much hassle.

From my research, I have found that among the 5 educational assessments organizations for Canada. IQAS tops the list and WES is ranked at the bottom in terms of overall positive assessment satisfaction and customer experience.
Exactly!

Reactions: SithLord

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto

I disagree a little. If the pace of 450+ applications stabilizes at 183 (like what we observed between Feb 14 and Feb 28), 444 CRS is very much possible in just 3-4 months without any one week draw.

In fact, 440 is possible too. Remember, the pace of 440-450 applications was just 55 / day between Feb 14 and Feb 28.

It all depends on future application flow. If intake increases beyond 3350, 440 is a certainty.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018
I disagree a little. If the pace of 450+ applications stabilizes at 183 (like what we observed between Feb 14 and Feb 24), 444 CRS is very much possible in just 3-4 months without any one week draw.

In fact, 440 is possible too. Remember, the pace of 440-450 applications was just 55 / day between Feb 14 and Feb 28.

It all depends on future application flow. If intake increases beyond 3350, 440 is a certainly.

What is the expected CRS score for March 20th if 3250 applicants are invited

Boluwaduro

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Hello people, I have a brother who got PR few months ago but yet to move to Canada. Can I use the link to improve my CRS score? Or he has to move and spend some time there first.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
L

Lol, you were lucky then! For me it took almost 4½ months. I sent the documents by myself only, thats why I was stucked in the never ending situation of verification for almost 3 months.

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
L

Lol, you were lucky then! For me it took almost 4½ months. I sent the documents by myself only, thats why I was stucked in the never ending situation of verification for almost 3 months.
In my case, couple of weeks of delay was caused by additional step of removing my Bachelors degree which I had inadvertently initially put in.

Anyways, coming back to the topic, has there even been a 5 day draw i.e. today? Unlikely so let's hope there is a draw day after tomorrow.

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
This ask of sending documents oneself is a farce. If the university officials decline to send it themselves, non-living objects such as buildings and laboratories can't send it. Thus, we have to impersonate the officials which is not appropriate either.

The ask should be reasonable and justified. They take so much money from us. If they wish to verify, they should "call" (in addition to e-mail) the relevant department and chase them to make them respond in a week's time. This seven week timeframe is absurd.

In some cases, they don't do any work at all giving them quick bucks without any effort. For my US Masters from an Ivy League institution, they simply waited for the 20 day period to get over and released the result on the 20th day; the result was anyway obvious as forging a US transcript is next to impossible because of digitalization of records.

Last edited:

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
In my case, couple of weeks of delay was caused by additional step of removing my Bachelors degree which I had inadvertently initially put in.

Anyways, coming back to the topic, has there even been a 5 day draw i.e. today? Unlikely so let's hope there is a draw day after tomorrow.
Exactly like today, no.

Draw #62 was conducted on May 17, 2017; and Draw #63 was conducted on May 26, 2017, a 5 day gap. However draw #63 was for PNP, and skilled trades only.

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
I am always confused. Is PNP part of Express Entry quota or not?

As per their three year plan, 84K through Express Entry and another 50k or something for PNP.