Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
USCIS is moving forward with its plan to reverse the order of the regular and advanced-degree lotteries for this year's filing season, beginning April 1. The change is expected to result in more than 5,300 additional H-1Bs allocated to individuals with U.S. advanced degrees and decrease the number of visas to other petitioners with U.S. bachelor's degrees or foreign advanced degrees. Previously, the government conducted a lottery to award visas to 20,000 advanced-degree holders first. Those who weren't chosen then got a second chance with the other H-1B petitions in a larger 65,000-visa lottery. This year, instead of conducting the advanced-degree lottery first, USCIS will run the regular H-1B cap lottery to meet the 65,000-visa quota with all advanced-degree earners included. It will then put the remaining applicants with U.S. master's degrees or higher into the separate lottery for 20,000 visas.

Any possible impact on profile addition in pool @abhishek_89
This reversal of order will increase the chances by approx. 10% of a Master's graduate to obtain the H1B each year. This would not have any significant impact on the pool.

raj_tan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi all,

My score is 438. I missed the invitation in the previous draw by tie breaking rule as I created my profile on june.

I also got the ONIP invitation in 2018 but I declined it as i was expecting the direct ITA but the score didn’t come below 440. This year is there any chance of getting ONIP if the crs score goes up again. As i heard if we decline the ONIP once, we will not get the invitation again. Is that True?
Since you have declined once, please create a new profile and delete the old one.. you have a very high chance at 438.. one question..just curious to know if I'm missing something..when did you get the noi last year? Do you have a job offer in Ontario? AFAIK, there was no general hcp draw after February..

Krishna785

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Since you have declined once, please create a new profile and delete the old one.. you have a very high chance at 438.. one question..just curious to know if I'm missing something..when did you get the noi last year? Do you have a job offer in Ontario? AFAIK, there was no general hcp draw after February..
Yes i was working untill december 2018

Last edited:

srirams91

Star Member
Sep 29, 2018
Guys, I have a doubt. I received an ITA on Jan 10. I'm unable to produce one the documents at this point. I'm sure with more time, I will be able to. With a CRS score of 452, if I decline my present ITA, what's the possibility of getting another ITA? And when is the next draw expected? Please help!

raj_tan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Guys, I have a doubt. I received an ITA on Jan 10. I'm unable to produce one the documents at this point. I'm sure with more time, I will be able to. With a CRS score of 452, if I decline my present ITA, what's the possibility of getting another ITA? And when is the next draw expected? Please help!
Could you please withdraw your profile until all your docs are ready.. coz at 452, you will definitely get ITA in any draw as per current trend. Just by declining ITA's , you guys are just robbing off the only chance that a person might have had who lost due to tie breaker..

cadiee

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Could you please withdraw your profile until all your docs are ready.. coz at 452, you will definitely get ITA in any draw as per current trend. Just by declining ITA's , you guys are just robbing off the only chance that a person might have had who lost due to tie breaker..
I lost on tie breaker in last draw. At 438. My profile was June 2018 profile and the cut off date was april 2018.
So anxious about next draw .

Reactions: ibtee

SSheena Bansal

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hey folks,

Can anyone guide me about the post-ITA process to proceed with the PR application?
Till now, I have done the EE process myself but now, my parents are asking me to get help from visa immigration people.
For financial and other reasons, I don't want to take their help but at the same time, want to ensure that I am not making any mistake in the process.

So, all help is appreciated.

Regards,
Sheena

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Hey folks,

Can anyone guide me about the post-ITA process to proceed with the PR application?
Till now, I have done the EE process myself but now, my parents are asking me to get help from visa immigration people.
For financial and other reasons, I don't want to take their help but at the same time, want to ensure that I am not making any mistake in the process.

So, all help is appreciated.

Regards,
Sheena
There are several threads on this. Just search the forum.

mowaiskhalid

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Totally agree with this. Within the last 2 weeks or so, I have read across different platforms of numerous people declining ITAs due to these reasons. Some are just making profiles with expected IELTS scores etc without even getting the IELTS results. This is ridiculous to be honest because I know someone who lost ITA due to just two days tie breaker rule @ 438 in the last draw and he had his birthday after 3 days so now sitting unfortunate at 433. I am really sad for that guy :(

raj_tan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Very
Totally agree with this. Within the last 2 weeks or so, I have read across different platforms of numerous people declining ITAs due to these reasons. Some are just making profiles with expected IELTS scores etc without even getting the IELTS results. This is ridiculous to be honest because I know someone who lost ITA due to just two days tie breaker rule @ 438 in the last draw and he had his birthday after 3 days so now sitting unfortunate at 433. I am really sad for that guy :(
Very sad to hear it.. a lot of people have been victim of this in every draw.. as per statistics, close to 34% ITAs were declined/rejected last year.. just imagine had these ppl not created incomplete profile , it would have overwhelmingly helped in genuine people getting ITAs..