Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi abhishek_89!
I am new in this thread. I am lucky to receive my ITA under CEC programme in today’s draw.
As I have prepared most of the documents but have some questions on the documents for the “Proof of Fund.” And “Medical Exam”.
Previously I was working in Alberta for a year from August 2017 to October 2018, but failed to renew my work permit as reason being my LMIA is pending. Meanwhile, my representative advised me to return to my country while waiting for the LMIA approval. After 8 months of waiting for the LMIA approval in vain, hence I have decided to apply the EE programme from my own country, Singapore.
Based on all of your expertise, I seek your precious advice urgently on the followings:-

1. During my previous Employment in Canada, I have opened a Joint account with my mother who was a Visitor then. Most of the fund in this account was my salary earned during the year, can you advise whether it is possible for me to use this Joint Name account as “Proof of Fund”? If not, must I re-open a Single Name account for myself? FYI my mother is not in my dependant list.

2. Recently my employer who is based in Alberta willing to re-apply for my LMIA again. And they have sent me a Job offer letter including all the terms and conditions for my confirmation. So can I use this letter as a “Reference Letter”?

3. And for the “Medical Check”, do you think must I do it before I submit my application or waiting for them to request one as I believe when my LMIA is approved, they need me to go for the Medical Check too.

Sorry to have such a long message and taking so much of your time. Thank you in advance and hoping everyone will get the ITA soon!
1. No unless you have married your mother or are living with her as a common law. Only exception for joint accounts as proof of funds is in case of accompanying spouse.

2. No because your job offer letter is for a potential future job that you will be given if the company will receive LMIA. However that job offer has nothing to do with your previous job experience. So in order to use job offer letter as part of the work experience proof it would have to be the older one for the job that you were doing in Canada in past.

3. If you want to be rejected, you can wait and not provide medical. Otherwise medical is a must and has to be done upfront for EE PR application. If such upfront medical also meets conditions for your temporary work application (type and validity) you can use it there as well.

Bonus information:
A. Your work visa, because this will not be BOWP request, might be rejected. Reason is obvious - you are supposed to prove your intention to leave Canada once visa will expire, but with your PR application it is obvious, that you have no such intention. So it might be that you will gain your working rights when you will finish your landing.

B. To be exempt from proof of funds has nothing to do with if you are identified as CEC or still as FSW (or PNP). Only if you are currently working in Canada and you are paid, your salary is used as a proof instead. Since you are not working in Canada at the moment, you have to prove your proof of funds.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are a CEC applicant, you are not required to show proof of funds.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Reference letter should have your job duties listed which matches the NOC you have applied under. Also, please check what else is required in the reference letter. Job offer cannot substitute for a reference letter. It can be additionally provided though.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

You need to do a medical test specifically for PR only through approved doctors/hospitals.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
It seems that they messed up heavily when it comes to explaining proof of funds requirements properly. What is written on the this link is not true (despite it being an official website):
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

here is the reality:
https://www.laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-17.html#docCont

In reality to be able to enter EE, everybody has to be FSW as well. And the requirements there are:

a) the skilled worker must be awarded not less than the minimum number of required points referred to in subsection (2) on the basis of the following factors, namely,

• (i) education, in accordance with section 78,
  • (ii) proficiency in the official languages of Canada, in accordance with section 79,
  • (iii) experience, in accordance with section 80,
  • (iv) age, in accordance with section 81,
  • (v) arranged employment, in accordance with section 82, and
  • (vi) adaptability, in accordance with section 83; and
  • (b) the skilled worker must
    • (i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to one half of the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members, or
    • (ii) be awarded points under paragraph 82(2)(a), (b) or (d) for arranged employment, as defined in subsection 82(1), in Canada.
so what is that arranged employment?:
https://www.laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-19.html#docCont
(2) Ten points shall be awarded to a skilled worker for arranged employment if they are able to perform and are likely to accept and carry out the employment and

• (a) the skilled worker is in Canada and holds a work permit that is valid on the date on which their application for a permanent resident visa is made and, on the date on which the visa is issued, holds a valid work permit or is authorized to work in Canada under section 186 and
    • (i) the work permit was issued based on a positive determination made by an officer under subsection 203(1) with respect to the skilled worker’s employment with their current employer in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix and the assessment by the Department of Employment and Social Development on the basis of which the determination was made is not suspended or revoked,
    • (ii) the skilled worker is working for an employer specified on the work permit, and
    • (iii) that employer has offered arranged employment to the skilled worker;
  • (b) the skilled worker is in Canada and holds a work permit that was issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or in section 205 and is valid on the date on which their application for a permanent resident visa is made and, on the date on which the visa is issued, holds a valid work permit or is authorized to work in Canada under section 186 and
    • (i) the skilled worker is working for an employer specified on the work permit,
    • (ii) that employer has offered an arranged employment to the skilled worker, and
    • (iii) the skilled worker has accumulated at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for that employer;
    • (d) on the date on which their application for a permanent resident visa is made and on the date on which the visa is issued, the skilled worker holds a valid work permit or is authorized to work in Canada under section 186 and
      • (i) the circumstances referred to in subparagraph (a)(ii) or (iii) do not apply,
      • (ii) the circumstances referred to in paragraph (b) do not apply, and
      • (iii) the circumstances referred to in subparagraphs (c)(i) and (ii) apply.
Since work is described as paid work, hence you need salary as well.
So just because you are CEC class it does not mean that you do not have to show proof of funds (it so happens that you keep your CEC status for next 3 years after you have had last Canadian working experience).
And just because you are just FSW / FST it does not mean that you have to prove your funds (maybe you have just started to work in Canada under a work permit and as such could not be yet identified as CEC).

lanian57

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
If you are a CEC applicant, you are not required to show proof of funds.

Reference letter should have your job duties listed which matches the NOC you have applied under. Also, please check what else is required in the reference letter. Job offer cannot substitute for a reference letter. It can be additionally provided though.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

You need to do a medical test specifically for PR only through approved doctors/hospitals.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
Hi abhishek,
Thank you for your prompt reply. I have gone through the links and understand more now.

lanian57

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
1. No unless you have married your mother or are living with her as a common law. Only exception for joint accounts as proof of funds is in case of accompanying spouse.

2. No because your job offer letter is for a potential future job that you will be given if the company will receive LMIA. However that job offer has nothing to do with your previous job experience. So in order to use job offer letter as part of the work experience proof it would have to be the older one for the job that you were doing in Canada in past.

3. If you want to be rejected, you can wait and not provide medical. Otherwise medical is a must and has to be done upfront for EE PR application. If such upfront medical also meets conditions for your temporary work application (type and validity) you can use it there as well.

Bonus information:
A. Your work visa, because this will not be BOWP request, might be rejected. Reason is obvious - you are supposed to prove your intention to leave Canada once visa will expire, but with your PR application it is obvious, that you have no such intention. So it might be that you will gain your working rights when you will finish your landing.

B. To be exempt from proof of funds has nothing to do with if you are identified as CEC or still as FSW (or PNP). Only if you are currently working in Canada and you are paid, your salary is used as a proof instead. Since you are not working in Canada at the moment, you have to prove your proof of funds.
Hi Vensak,
Thank you for your precious advice which I have an in depth understanding now. What I worry is the "Proof of Fund" documents, if I will to open another bank account and transfer my fund to this account but it will only shows the latest transaction and not the 6 months transaction as what they requested. Will they accept?

I will arrange the Medical appointment by today, all I need is to quote my file number to them?

As for my job offer, it is the same Company who employed me earlier and the job scope is exactly the same. In fact they are waiting for the LMIA approval then I can step into Canada upon the approval for my work permit.

Anyway, once again, thank you for your advice. Hope to hear from you soon.
Regards.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Vensak,
Thank you for your precious advice which I have an in depth understanding now. What I worry is the "Proof of Fund" documents, if I will to open another bank account and transfer my fund to this account but it will only shows the latest transaction and not the 6 months transaction as what they requested. Will they accept?

I will arrange the Medical appointment by today, all I need is to quote my file number to them?

As for my job offer, it is the same Company who employed me earlier and the job scope is exactly the same. In fact they are waiting for the LMIA approval then I can step into Canada upon the approval for my work permit.

Anyway, once again, thank you for your advice. Hope to hear from you soon.
Regards.
Well you just need to show the history, that that money are from that old joint account. The only reason why you cannot use only the old account is because somebody else can access that account and take those money at any moment. And that somebody else is not your spouse. Thats why.

No new job offer cannot be used as a proof of your past work experience, despite of the fact that the company and the job will be the same. However if they like you, nothing is stopping them to give you the required reference letter. And that one unlike job offer that is showing future commitment; is proving your history with them.

Reactions: lanian57

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
It seems that they messed up heavily when it comes to explaining proof of funds requirements properly. What is written on the this link is not true (despite it being an official website):

here is the reality:
https://www.laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-17.html#docCont

In reality to be able to enter EE, everybody has to be FSW as well. And the requirements there are:

a) the skilled worker must be awarded not less than the minimum number of required points referred to in subsection (2) on the basis of the following factors, namely,

• (i) education, in accordance with section 78,
  • (ii) proficiency in the official languages of Canada, in accordance with section 79,
  • (iii) experience, in accordance with section 80,
  • (iv) age, in accordance with section 81,
  • (v) arranged employment, in accordance with section 82, and
  • (vi) adaptability, in accordance with section 83; and
  • (b) the skilled worker must
    • (i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to one half of the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members, or
    • (ii) be awarded points under paragraph 82(2)(a), (b) or (d) for arranged employment, as defined in subsection 82(1), in Canada.
so what is that arranged employment?:
https://www.laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-19.html#docCont
(2) Ten points shall be awarded to a skilled worker for arranged employment if they are able to perform and are likely to accept and carry out the employment and

• (a) the skilled worker is in Canada and holds a work permit that is valid on the date on which their application for a permanent resident visa is made and, on the date on which the visa is issued, holds a valid work permit or is authorized to work in Canada under section 186 and
    • (i) the work permit was issued based on a positive determination made by an officer under subsection 203(1) with respect to the skilled worker’s employment with their current employer in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix and the assessment by the Department of Employment and Social Development on the basis of which the determination was made is not suspended or revoked,
    • (ii) the skilled worker is working for an employer specified on the work permit, and
    • (iii) that employer has offered arranged employment to the skilled worker;
  • (b) the skilled worker is in Canada and holds a work permit that was issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or in section 205 and is valid on the date on which their application for a permanent resident visa is made and, on the date on which the visa is issued, holds a valid work permit or is authorized to work in Canada under section 186 and
    • (i) the skilled worker is working for an employer specified on the work permit,
    • (ii) that employer has offered an arranged employment to the skilled worker, and
    • (iii) the skilled worker has accumulated at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for that employer;
    • (d) on the date on which their application for a permanent resident visa is made and on the date on which the visa is issued, the skilled worker holds a valid work permit or is authorized to work in Canada under section 186 and
      • (i) the circumstances referred to in subparagraph (a)(ii) or (iii) do not apply,
      • (ii) the circumstances referred to in paragraph (b) do not apply, and
      • (iii) the circumstances referred to in subparagraphs (c)(i) and (ii) apply.
Since work is described as paid work, hence you need salary as well.
So just because you are CEC class it does not mean that you do not have to show proof of funds (it so happens that you keep your CEC status for next 3 years after you have had last Canadian working experience).
And just because you are just FSW / FST it does not mean that you have to prove your funds (maybe you have just started to work in Canada under a work permit and as such could not be yet identified as CEC).
I don't understand you properly.

Express Entry covers not only FSW but also FST and CEC. So you can enter express entry if you are eligible in any one of the below skilled worker classes:
1) FSW
2) FST
3) CEC

Please check this link (eligibility for all the 3 economic immigration programs):
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility.html

Page 21 of the link you shared has the CEC section:
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-21.html#docCont

In your above post you have been explaining eligibility only for FSW.

lanian57

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
I don't understand you properly.

Express Entry covers not only FSW but also FST and CEC. So you can enter express entry if you are eligible in any one of the below skilled worker classes:
1) FSW
2) FST
3) CEC

Please check this link (eligibility for all the 3 economic immigration programs):
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility.html

Page 21 of the link you shared has the CEC section:
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-21.html#docCont

In your above post you have been explaining eligibility only for FSW.

Hi abhishek_89, thank you for looking into this mail again. I am a bit confused and loss now. Actually my question is only on “Proof of Fund” for CEC class. I was invited under CEC and have doubts on the “Fund” to be shown.

Currently I have a Joint account with my mum in Alberta. Purpose of the joint account is for servicing a Housing loan in Alberta (which we have bought a house there) and for the Credit of my salaries during my employment there. Unfortunately my work permit extension was denied late last year due to the delayed of my LMIA . While waiting for my LMIA approval in my country, hence there is no income credited into our Joint account, my fund has been depleted after the deduction of the housing loan. In order for me to show my fund, and since I was advised joint account with my mother is not acceptable, my mother has decided to withdraw her name from the bank.

I am concern that if it is not necessary to show “Proof of Fund under CEC Invitations”, then I will stay put on the existing Joint account. I have read through the website you provided, there are 2 versions on stating the Proof of Fund . One is “Not Necessary under CEC invitation” and the other one is “Need to proof if one is currently not working in Canada” So confusing! What is your advise? TIA

lanian57

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
POF is just in case you move here after getting PR and don’t get a job in time so you would use that fund for basic living
Thank you Desean for your prompt reply. Does that means I still need to prove and upload my bank balance to show them?

M2a3r4y5a6m

Nov 10, 2018
Hi friends
Is there any possiblity of draw today?
What do you think abt the min score and the number of invitations to be issued?

Rsn_1304

Nov 3, 2018
Yes very disappointing. Hopefully we have regular 2 week draws going forward which could help few of us with the cut-off being low.