+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 111th draw

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I did once but somehow managed to get a 6.5 instead, haha. (I blanked on the essay topic, couldn't find relevant ideas, etc). Even though IELTS is unbearably nerve-wrecking for me, I plan on giving it another try in March.
In the meanwhile i'm working towards a PG diploma and spending most of my Wednesday evenings back and forth between the ROH thread and Rounds of Invitations page :rolleyes:
Hang in there, buddy!!

It took me 3 attempts to clear IELTS too :)

Reactions: Barkook

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
Yes, still waiting for golden mail. I only have 1 travel history. I lived in UK for 4 years when I was a student.

The trend now for FSW-O Indian single applicants is 5 months. When I called IRCC last week, the agent said my application has been untouched since it was transferred to CPC-Ottawa and estimated completion time is June 11, 2019

@NOMAD2017 It's good to see you joined the bandwagon :D
yeah, great to see old fellas in post-AOR stage, :). 5 monthssss... :O
That's insane. Do you think they are using delay tactics to slow down the process for Indian immigrants? Let's start another conspiracy theory :p

Reactions: YPS

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
That's insane. Do you think they are using delay tactics to slow down the process for Indian immigrants? Let's start another conspiracy theory :p
@YPS will be joining post-AOR stage too :D

Feels good to see us oldies moving on from the painful pre-ITA stages :p

Actually, Indian single applicants are getting processed slower than ones with spouse and kids as per immitracker :p

They are against us single Indian immigrants :p

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
I did once but somehow managed to get a 6.5 instead, haha. (I blanked on the essay topic, couldn't find relevant ideas, etc). Even though IELTS is unbearably nerve-wrecking for me, I plan on giving it another try in March.
In the meanwhile i'm working towards a PG diploma and spending most of my Wednesday evenings back and forth between the ROH thread and Rounds of Invitations page :rolleyes:
Glad you are already on track, but still, I am gonna keep asking u to take IELTS the 3rd time :p. did the same to my hubby until he got the perfect score for Canada :p (lots and lots of nagging helped :p).
He got 7 in first attempt, 6.5 the 2nd time, couldnt appear in the test the third time due an official meeting, and finally got 7.5 in his fourth attempt. Also got him enrolled in an online Master's program last year. Though he makes me do most of his assignments :p but I am glad we have a back up plan for those 7 points. Got this far but u never know until you get the golden email. Master's points will come in handy in case our application gets rejected, God Forbid.

Reactions: Barkook

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
@YPS will be joining post-AOR stage too :D

Feels good to see us oldies moving on from the painful pre-ITA stages :p

Actually, Indian single applicants are getting processed slower than ones with spouse and kids as per immitracker :p

They are against us single Indian immigrants :p
haha,, then lets get you all married :p udnay se pehley he parr katwa lo :p and congrats @YPS . All the besttt...

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
I guess my post will get deleted, plus I might get banned, but here it goes.

In my opinion, this seems like a good idea if it's done in moderate amount. I have nothing against any nationality, so I would say it would be nice to control the overflow of immigrants just from one country. I think it would create another China, or another India or Philippines with all the baggage that comes with. Smaller number of people from different countries would force everyone to assimilate, rather than have a joint force to impose their own rules. I just want to say it would hinder bad connections being formed resulting in less corruption.

Does it make sense? Sorry if it's offensive.
I am from India, I am not a PR yet...but I agree to your view fully. A lot of a country's strength come from its diversity (think genetic mutation at an individual level), that's why US has been so successful Post WWII compared to the European countries. It's definitely a good strategy to bring in high skilled immigrants, but if the diversity suffers then the strategy does not remain so good.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Hey Nomad, and what are doing still lurking in the ROH thread? :D I can see your application has moved quite fast, RPRF paid already.
Finally I got the ITA as well on 30 Jan draw after almost giving up hope during Nov-Dec period :rolleyes: Hopefully will be able to submit by end of Feb!

Barkook

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Glad you are already on track, but still, I am gonna keep asking u to take IELTS the 3rd time :p. did the same to my hubby until he got the perfect score for Canada :p (lots and lots of nagging helped :p).
He got 7 in first attempt, 6.5 the 2nd time, couldnt appear in the test the third time due an official meeting, and finally got 7.5 in his fourth attempt. Also got him enrolled in an online Master's program last year. Though he makes me do most of his assignments :p but I am glad we have a back up plan for those 7 points. Got this far but u never know until you get the golden email. Master's points will come in handy in case our application gets rejected, God Forbid.
Wow, that's really great, glad to hear you guys made it! Just to show that nagging can be for the best when it comes to things like this, haha.

This actually makes me look forward to my third attempt, and thinking of Master's points as back-up in case anything happens post-ITA is a really good point, I never thought of that and was only thinking about it as a means of getting the ITA itself. Thank you for the insight, Nomad!

Reactions: NOMAD2017

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I am from India, I am not a PR yet...but I agree to your view fully. A lot of a country's strength come from its diversity (think genetic mutation at an individual level), that's why US has been so successful Post WWII compared to the European countries. It's definitely a good strategy to bring in high skilled immigrants, but if the diversity suffers then the strategy does not remain so good.
When you put it that way it actually makes sense. Yes, in general you will have to go back to the countries roots!! Bringing in immigrants is a good thing to boost the country's economy but at the same time it's a good strategy to have diversity.

AjithNair

Feb 13, 2019
All m saying is most of the persons I see in the treads that are trying to do some bogus stuff is from India and China. In my views it unfair for person in the pool who have everything ready and in good standing and loose out to someone who is trying to trick the system and get rejected later on in the process. That’s a waste of man power, waste of a ITA and waste of everyone’s time.. I see Indians in other treads getting ITA and continue to reject it because what they have in the pool the can’t produce it to CIC. They need to be banned for misrepresentation.
Your are talking sense: It should be exactly like you said

Reactions: Desean