VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes it should impact the daily numbers. There is possibility of cutoff score decreasing.
I do not think so:
1. WES is not the only organization that does ECA.
2. Longer leadtime to deliver ECA will have no long term impact. (if 1000 people did ask for ECA every week for example, they will get it delivered sooner or later and end up increasing their score or entering EE). It would have only impact if they will significantly decrease amount of ECA issued every week and they would keep it long term (that way you would have less updates, new EE every week because of it).

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
I think if they have at least one draw with a gap of 12 days like they did before.. things would go back to 442-444 but if they keep gaps 14-16 days then it’s going to stay high.

From what I’ve noticed the increase in applications is not a huge surge like at the end of 2016 or 2017 .. it really depends on the gaps between draws.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: In regards to mr Keyur. We definitely don’t mind realistic advice or even a bit of tough love to increase our points but ,let’s face it most of come on this forum daily to blow steam off and feel supported. I don’t want anyone telling me Canada would like to see smaller numbers of immigrants.

Last edited:
Reactions: ibtee

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
I do not think so:
1. WES is not the only organization that does ECA.
2. Longer leadtime to deliver ECA will have no long term impact. (if 1000 people did ask for ECA every week for example, they will get it delivered sooner or later and end up increasing their score or entering EE). It would have only impact if they will significantly decrease amount of ECA issued every week and they would keep it long term (that way you would have less updates, new EE every week because of it).
Absolutely agree. There will not be any long term impact. Only a short term dip in the cutoff.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
My humble guesstimate is WES rule change might cause 25% drop in new profiles being created in Feburary/March. (Special thanks to the bureaucracy at indian universities).

It will be back to old numbers by April.

But everyone please note that this is just a guess. Please make every effort to maximize your scores.

Last edited:

aspirant89

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
How did the scores go up suddenly, I am trying to understand that. From my perspective of being an outside Canada single applicant, I have peaked my score with a Bachelor's degree and Ielts top bands, 3+ years exp at 441. 1 Are there more applicants with 2 degrees or Masters in the pool now. 2 Are there more Canadian Students/ work experience applicants. 3 more applications with PNP or Lmia sponsorship. Looking at the time of the year I think it could be down to new graduates from Canada being in the pool. I don't think it could be more number of 2 degree+ applicants alone. What are your thoughts?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How did the scores go up suddenly, I am trying to understand that. From my perspective of being an outside Canada single applicant, I have peaked my score with a Bachelor's degree and Ielts top bands, 3+ years exp at 441. 1 Are there more applicants with 2 degrees or Masters in the pool now. 2 Are there more Canadian Students/ work experience applicants. 3 more applications with PNP or Lmia sponsorship. Looking at the time of the year I think it could be down to new graduates from Canada being in the pool. I don't think it could be more number of 2 degree+ applicants alone. What are your thoughts?
They always were applicants with either 2 degrees / Canadian degree / Canadian work experience or French.

However many people did struggle to get the needed IELTS score. What has changed is:
1. Slowly increasing competition
2. Online IELTS testing that gave option to do several tries in much shorter time.

Maybe time for you to get more points again.

aspirant89

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
They always were applicants with either 2 degrees / Canadian degree / Canadian work experience or French.

However many people did struggle to get the needed IELTS score. What has changed is:
1. Slowly increasing competition
2. Online IELTS testing that gave option to do several tries in much shorter time.

Maybe time for you to get more points again.
Thanks, I will bide my time for now. Have till next October with current score of 441. All I need is 1 draw with a shorter gap. Maybe it will come down sooner rather than later. Will consider other options in the second half of next year, in case I am not through. Have to read up on PNP possibilities, who knows lightning may strike :)

Reactions: abnzyr18

abnzyr18

Apr 11, 2018
Thanks, I will bide my time for now. Have till next October with current score of 441. All I need is 1 draw with a shorter gap. Maybe it will come down sooner rather than later. Will consider other options in the second half of next year, in case I am not through. Have to read up on PNP possibilities, who knows lightning may strike :)
Same situation here... hang in there mate. I have already in a PG diploma one year course from Mumbai University. Will get results for the same next year Aug. Praying and hoping for a single draw where the score would be below 441. A 12 day gap draw will most certainly do it.

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
Bachelor's degree is nothing. You throw a stone, you hit someone with a Master's. Master's is the new Bachelor's.

HopingForPR

Oct 16, 2018
Same situation here... hang in there mate. I have already in a PG diploma one year course from Mumbai University. Will get results for the same next year Aug. Praying and hoping for a single draw where the score would be below 441. A 12 day gap draw will most certainly do it.
Same here, waiting on 441. Is there any chance for a draw next week on 19th or 21st ?

MVA

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Its better to feed the troll and be over qualified than to dismiss him and not get an invite. His assessment is 100% on target. The way these Canadians are talking I feel sorry for hopeful immigrants. Even recent immigrants are going conservative.
There are many people on this forum whose predictions are 100% right and they are not trollers as well. And FYI, his predictions are not always 100% right.

Reactions: shyee and abnzyr18

abnzyr18

Apr 11, 2018
Its better to feed the troll and be over qualified than to dismiss him and not get an invite. His assessment is 100% on target. The way these Canadians are talking I feel sorry for hopeful immigrants. Even recent immigrants are going conservative.
Do you agree with his prediction that the score wont go below 444 until Oct 2019 ?

Reactions: MVA

abnzyr18

Apr 11, 2018
There are many people on this forum whose predictions are 100% right and they are not trollers as well. And FYI, his predictions are not always 100% right.
Rightly said.... One of the best examples is my dear friend ABHISHEK...no one can predict like him but still he is never arrogant

Matrixvicky

Nov 16, 2018
My CRS is 486. I haven't received an invite yet. It's been three weeks since I submitted my profile. Why is this happening? anyone has any idea?
Are you sure you submitted the profile ? Is it even possible to not get invite with this score ? Please others comment

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
I don't agree with the opinion that conservatives are going to overhaul express entry. Express entry was introduced by conservatives in 2015. At the most they will just make minor tweaks.

Another argument people make here is although conservatives introduced express entry, the number of people invited were low. Infact this is also wrong.

Back in 2015 and 2016, express entry invites were low. But this was because there was a huge backlog of applications from the old paper based system. This backlog was cleared in the end of 2016. That is when express entry invites jumped to 3500+.

So unless the new government thinks that they need to decrease the number of immigrants, the number of invitations are going to remain the same. Any argument that conservatives are going to reduce immigration is pure speculation and there has not been any reports in the media about it.

Also here is an old post on this forum from @Alexios07 where he did an excellent analysis on the effect of backlog on express entry invites.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/immigration-express-entry-q1-2016-quarterly-report-86-000-prs-granted.431254/