Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
I know man, I understand the tie-breaker concept, just getting my frustration out :)
But seriously, this tie-breaker is a really heartbreaking concept, especially for those who have birthday shortly afterwards. Why couldn't they decide they will give out about 3900 ITAs, see that it means CRS cut-off is coming to 439 and then increase the draw size a bit to accommodate everyone with 439? The way they used to do till 2017.:confused:
Yes, the tie breaker has some serious flaws. Think about someone who created an Express Entry profile on Nov 20, 2017 with CRS 439 and waited for a year with no ITA. Due to the 1 year profile expiry situation, he would have recreated his profile a month back (Nov 2018) and now missed out on an ITA when others who created profile with CRS 439 in Jan 2018 made it through in yesterday's draw.

The problem with the earlier concept was that they need to keep on tweaking their invite counts based on how many extras were invited in each draw and compensate the future draws with lesser invites which is tedious in a way when they have targets set. Also, the number of folks still remaining on CRS 439 will be somewhere around 600-800 which is a huge number. So, 15-20% more ITAs have to be issued in the same draw if they invite everybody with CRS 439.

Reactions: samikdg

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
That's a real ray of hope mate :) Maybe, even there are less/no IELTS tests during this period? But on the other hand, 2nd Jan is too close to the holiday period, and last year also they had a 3-week gap between these two draws :(
Yes true, so Jan 9 is the most probable date for the next draw. It sadly means the next cut off is going higher.

mb29

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Guys, I am unsure what should I do in this case. My CRS currently is 441, but that is basis my 3 years of work ex which will technically happen by end of January 2019, my CRS is incorrectly calculated because in one of my organisations, my joining date was 30th November (and the calculator took November as 1 whole month). Since the invitation is valid for 60 days and I am planning to complete it in Feb 2019 (when my application hold period will close and my work ex will also be 3 years) or should I decline the invitation.
Without 3 years of work ex my CRS is 416, additional 1 year gives me 25 points more which takes it to 441.
what should I do ?

rudraank

Dec 18, 2018
As such, there's no placeholder in pre-ITA EE profile to mention details of dependent children, you can do that only post-ITA. But PoF question should have mentioned 3 people. I'd suggest to update total number of people to 3, increase the PoF amount accordingly and mention in LOE about this update.
Thanks, i will do the same

Aksobti

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Is anyone facing glitch on cic website
I am unable to save a few things and the website it working very slow. Please confirm

indri90

Oct 10, 2018
India
Category........
Other
When you fill your details in the system should tell you what documents to upload. But seeing that you were in the pool, I am hoping that you would have started gathering those documents, since 60 days wont be enough to get all docs . So kinda weird you are asking that question now. Anyways, depends on category, but basic is eca, PCC for all countries traveled and spent more than 6 months, work experience letters that you are claim point, marriage certificate. Ielts or celpip certificate, passports if dependents, their passport, (should have more that 6 months by the time they make decision. So with that said at least a year). Medical results. Dont remember the rest. Good luck
Thanks, I got into the pool just this month (Dec 5th, 2018). I have been collecting key documents in parallel - ECA for my BS degree, PCCs, IELTS scorecard etc. I wanted to know what else I need to get done. I am currently working on my work exp. letter with detailed job duties (I have one without that) and also working on the proof of funds statements from the banks. In addition to these, I have schedule for medicals next week and hope that comes through in 10 days. I want to apply by the end of this month/ year 2018.

I have a couple of questions though - regarding the photo specifications. How many do we need? I assume we are submitting only the soft copies. As per CIC- the photo must have my date of birth, name and the date taken / location of the photo studio. Did you all do that?

ameliegopu

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
I just have a small doubt.. i have received the ITA and will submit the docs by January 2019. My birthday falls in feb so will my points reduce then as well??
Check this..
Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA
An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.

Aksobti

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Check this..
Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA
An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.
Thanks
If I submit my docs before my birthday then I think wil not effect the score. Please confirm.
My birthday falls on 15th February and last date to submit the docs is 18th February
Please confirm

Aksobti

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Thanks, I got into the pool just this month (Dec 5th, 2018). I have been collecting key documents in parallel - ECA for my BS degree, PCCs, IELTS scorecard etc. I wanted to know what else I need to get done. I am currently working on my work exp. letter with detailed job duties (I have one without that) and also working on the proof of funds statements from the banks. In addition to these, I have schedule for medicals next week and hope that comes through in 10 days. I want to apply by the end of this month/ year 2018.

I have a couple of questions though - regarding the photo specifications. How many do we need? I assume we are submitting only the soft copies. As per CIC- the photo must have my date of birth, name and the date taken / location of the photo studio. Did you all do that?
I am still filling the form. So will I get the list of docs once I fill all the details about me and my dependent’s?? Please confirm
Also, where are the details for medicals mentioned??

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Thanks
If I submit my docs before my birthday then I think wil not effect the score. Please confirm.
My birthday falls on 15th February and last date to submit the docs is 18th February
Please confirm
It will not affect the score as time of eAPR will be before birthday.

busbus007

Dec 4, 2018
Hi everyone,
I have a quick question regarding my work history.

I started my current position as a part-time November last year, worked 37.5 hours per week (full-time hours), then I got promoted to a full-time position January this year. November this year, there has been some changes to the bank, they changed the title of my current position, however, all the job duties remain the same. Same NOC for all of them.

My question is, should I fill in 3 work history separately or as two or one entry? and if it is okay to list all three positions on one employment letter? (I entered part-time +full-time as one entry, the current position with the new title as the second entry on my EE profile)

Thank you for your time, really appreciate your help.

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
Hi Guys
Post ITA while filling the application :
in the personal activities section where it is mentioned to
List any government positions (such as civil servant, police officer, an employee in a security organization) XYZ has held at any time. Include positions XYZ has held before or after retirement.
List any organizations has supported, been a member of or been associated with at any time. Include any political, social, youth or student organization, trade unions and professional associations

I have to ask you guys.. is this the section where you write the work history? Actually, I was a housewife from 2017 mrch until december 2018. Just joined an organization now (HAS JUST BEEN 10 days)which I am not going to mention since I won't get the reference letter. is it ok to write homemaker instead?
also now i am in india ..... just came in septemeber from US . will i have to write like
march 2017 - sep 2018 US location homemaker
sep 2018- current India location homemaker

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Guys
Post ITA while filling the application :
in the personal activities section where it is mentioned to
List any government positions (such as civil servant, police officer, an employee in a security organization) XYZ has held at any time. Include positions XYZ has held before or after retirement.
List any organizations has supported, been a member of or been associated with at any time. Include any political, social, youth or student organization, trade unions and professional associations

I have to ask you guys.. is this the section where you write the work history? Actually, I was a housewife from 2017 mrch until december 2018. Just joined an organization now (HAS JUST BEEN 10 days)which I am not going to mention since I won't get the reference letter. is it ok to write homemaker instead?
also now i am in india ..... just came in septemeber from US . will i have to write like
march 2017 - sep 2018 US location homemaker
sep 2018- current India location homemaker
You can move any work experience for which you’re not claiming points to personal history. You won’t need reference letter for that. If you don’t have a work history just keep it blank. The housewife bit will come in personal history. And you can show current employment also in personal history and you won’t need any reference letter for that.

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
You can move any work experience for which you’re not claiming points to personal history. You won’t need reference letter for that. If you don’t have a work history just keep it blank. The housewife bit will come in personal history. And you can show current employment also in personal history and you won’t need any reference letter for that.
i wont need reference letter if i show my current employer in personal history ? ?? also i did not understand "You can move any work experience for which you’re not claiming points to personal history. " means I can write any organization i worked with in the personal history ?