+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 106th draw

abnzyr18

Apr 11, 2018
there is no Ielts results coming in b/w last draw (Nov 28) and next draw Dec 10 or 12 - I think first time this is happening. Will there be a reflection on the number of people in pool because of this, though computer ielts is there?
More than IELTS, the difference between the draw dates is a big factor now. So the only thing that can lower the cut off is a 12 day gap or a week gap.

YPS

Mar 7, 2018
IQAS takes this much time ? ! o_O
Got ECA today.....I think 443 now .... for a week as B'day next week let's see..... Last ball of 20-20 match... very interesting :p

Courier delivered : 29th July
AOR2 : 28th August
ADR : 5th Nov (Original Degree Copy)
Sent same day but got again reminder on 14th November asking same, sent through fax and got confirmation

Soft copy : 6th December
Portal update as Mailed : 6th December
Completion Date : 14th November

shyee

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Got ECA today.....I think 443 now .... for a week as B'day next week let's see..... Last ball of 20-20 match... very interesting :p

Sent same day but got again reminder on 14th November asking same, sent through fax and got confirmation

At long last! Congrats.

Reactions: YPS

dawwan

Dec 5, 2018

Congratulations

Sun_harry

Dec 5, 2018

Me in same boat.... at 443 n b'day next week.... fingers crossed.... hope for lucky draw for all

Reactions: shyee and YPS

Indigrrl

Star Member
Dec 10, 2017
India
Finally, the day has arrived when I can tell everyone that I got the golden email. It was a very long journey and I had to be patient for a long time. It was in January 2016 I want to migrate to Canada. I stumbled upon the express entry CRS calculator page but was completely ineligible. For a few months, I looked at Masters programs I was interested in. I applied to a few schools I was interested in between Nov 2016 to Jan 2017. Got rejected from all schools I applied to around May 2017. I ran into a colleague who wanted my help regarding admissions in Canada. We began chatting and she told me about the PR route. A light bulb moment for me haha. I ran home and checked my eligibility and I was eligible. Yay!! I had a really good score and was sure I would get ITA in the draw following my application.
May 2017: Realized academic IELTS would not work and took general ITA in a rush to speed up my process for the next year school application process.
15th June 2017: Sent my degree for verification
14th December 2017: My degree was finally verified and I was ready to enter the pool. The six months waiting for my degree to be verified were very painful. It involved repeated emails to the medical council of Canada and almost daily calls to my university. Lol. The person replying to me started recognizing me by my hello!! In the meantime, I worked on collecting all my documents and read through this forum like crazy. This forum has a wealth of information that was very hard to find anywhere else.
18th December 2o17: Created my profile and entered the pool
20th December 2017: Finally received my ITA :) It was the last draw of the year. I thought the road ahead would be very easy (could not be more wrong). In the meantime applied to schools in Canada for my masters the second time around. It was so stressful talking about that would take a whole other post haha :D
8th February 2018: APR
16th February 2018: Medicals passed
18th February 2018: Moved to ip2
FIle moved to New Delhi somewhere around April
2nd April 2018: Heard from my top university that I got admitted into their program...Woohoo!!! Everyone around me who applied around the same time was getting their PR. I was hopeful I would get mine too lol
24th April 2018: Decided to pay my RPRF fee upfront
8th May 2018: Got the email again to pay RPRF ( uploaded the previous receipt) and started waiting desperately for PR. Meanwhile worrying about applying for student visa haha if PR does not arrive
20th June 2018: Finally caved and run around for 3 weeks before finally submitting my study permit application :eek:
June and July: waiting desperately to hear back from the visa office for either of the application. Meanwhile, all ready to go to Canada with a signed lease and tuition fees paid :D Yes I was that stupid!! The course was going to start from 4th September and nothing yet on my two applications.
10th August 2018: Got a letter that my student visa was approved
14th August 2018: Sent passport for stamping
22nd August 2018: Got stamped passport and student visa back
26th August 2018: On my flight to Canada ;)
School kept me busy and sowly people stopped asking me about my PR. I got dejected and left all the groups I was in that reminded me of my PR application lol. Regretted it immediately after leaving the group. They were a big source of my inspiration.
6th December 2018: Finally the golden email arrived. It was a moment of pure relief and joy. I called everyone and am still celebrating haha

It was a very strong and stressful journey that tested my patience at every point. And I feel the journey is not yet over. It has just begun. I hope your guyz find some inspiration from my post. It is definitely possible to come to Canada, even though its a very long journey and may take much more than your anticipated. I hope all of you guys make it here and we have a big Yukon party as has always been promised by the ray of hope thread. :D

shyee

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Finally, the day has arrived when I can tell everyone that I got the golden email. It was a very long journey and I had to be patient for a long time. It was in January 2016 I want to migrate to Canada. I stumbled upon the express entry CRS calculator page but was completely ineligible. For a few months, I looked at Masters programs I was interested in. I applied to a few schools I was interested in between Nov 2016 to Jan 2017. Got rejected from all schools I applied to around May 2017. I ran into a colleague who wanted my help regarding admissions in Canada. We began chatting and she told me about the PR route. A light bulb moment for me haha. I ran home and checked my eligibility and I was eligible. Yay!! I had a really good score and was sure I would get ITA in the draw following my application.
May 2017: Realized academic IELTS would not work and took general ITA in a rush to speed up my process for the next year school application process.
14th December 2017: My degree was finally verified and I was ready to enter the pool. The six months waiting for my degree to be verified were very painful. It involved repeated emails to the medical council of Canada and almost daily calls to my university. Lol. The person replying to me started recognizing me by my hello!! In the meantime, I worked on collecting all my documents and read through this forum like crazy. This forum has a wealth of information that was very hard to find anywhere else.
20th December 2017: Finally received my ITA :) It was the last draw of the year. I thought the road ahead would be very easy (could not be more wrong). In the meantime applied to schools in Canada for my masters the second time around. It was so stressful talking about that would take a whole other post haha :D
2nd April 2018: Heard from my top university that I got admitted into their program...Woohoo!!! Everyone around me who applied around the same time was getting their PR. I was hopeful I would get mine too lol
8th May 2018: Got the email again to pay RPRF ( uploaded the previous receipt) and started waiting desperately for PR. Meanwhile worrying about applying for student visa haha if PR does not arrive
20th June 2018: Finally caved and run around for 3 weeks before finally submitting my study permit application :eek:
June and July: waiting desperately to hear back from the visa office for either of the application. Meanwhile, all ready to go to Canada with a signed lease and tuition fees paid :D Yes I was that stupid!! The course was going to start from 4th September and nothing yet on my two applications.
School kept me busy and sowly people stopped asking me about my PR. I got dejected and left all the groups I was in that reminded me of my PR application lol. Regretted it immediately after leaving the group. They were a big source of my inspiration.
6th December 2018: Finally the golden email arrived. It was a moment of pure relief and joy. I called everyone and am still celebrating haha

It was a very strong and stressful journey that tested my patience at every point. And I feel the journey is not yet over. It has just begun. I hope your guyz find some inspiration from my post. It is definitely possible to come to Canada, even though its a very long journey and may take much more than your anticipated. I hope all of you guys make it here and we have a big Yukon party as has always been promised by the ray of hope thread. :D
Congratulations! So happy with you.

Reactions: Indigrrl

Inabt

Jul 19, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Rome
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
01/11/2018
Passport Req..
01-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2019
LANDED..........
14-10-2019

Congratulations!!:)) Hope the best for you!

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017

Next draw 443 :D :D :D :D

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017

So inspirational to find people like you. Congratulations!!