VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Before 2014 there was conservatives and they only gave PR to 5000 people a year. And they bring express entry to reduce numbers for immigration by increasing score but than liberals changes everything. CRS use to be around 480-550 before liberal won election. I support conservatives
You know that your statement is heavily misleading.
The main reason for those low numbers at the beginning, was the fact, that there was huge pile of old paper based applications. So if you look at the total number of PR from 2015, and 2016 those are much higher (people that were invited or their application approved mostly with the quota before election).

From what I have understood so far, Conservatives are accusing Liberals of too chaotic immigration (they randomly invite anybody as long as he or she will have CRS; all that without any second thoughts if and how that person will manage to establish him or herself in Canada).

So Conservative approach might lead to either:
1. rising PNP quotas and significantly decrease FSW / FST / CEC quota. That would come from the logic, where provinces are already doing additional selection (occupations in demand, ties to the province, job offer...)
I doubt that it will go that way, as that would give too much power to provinces leading it backwards from the standardization, they are trying to achieve.
2. They can use Quebec approach with Areas of Training (especially where education and work experience should be consistent), in order to promote certain professions (not just single NOC).
This is more probable to happen. As such system will not leave out other professions completely, but it will put them in a heavy disadvantage.

I do not think that the old system with strict quotas for each profession would be acceptable anymore (such system was way to manual to handle - with the constant checking of each quota against checking the general yearly quota fulfillment).

MVA

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Will the next draw be tomorrow?

Come on!! When I wasn’t in pool, they were having three draws in a month. And now suddenly, they have turned silent.:mad:
Mostly there are two draws only in a month. Only few months they have 3 draws but when we are waiting for something then it seems like ages .

Reactions: Cooldeepu1 and g90

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017
You know that your statement is heavily misleading.
The main reason for those low numbers at the beginning, was the fact, that there was huge pile of old paper based applications. So if you look at the total number of PR from 2015, and 2016 those are much higher (people that were invited or their application approved mostly with the quota before election).

From what I have understood so far, Conservatives are accusing Liberals of too chaotic immigration (they randomly invite anybody as long as he or she will have CRS; all that without any second thoughts if and how that person will manage to establish him or herself in Canada).

So Conservative approach might lead to either:
1. rising PNP quotas and significantly decrease FSW / FST / CEC quota. That would come from the logic, where provinces are already doing additional selection (occupations in demand, ties to the province, job offer...)
I doubt that it will go that way, as that would give too much power to provinces leading it backwards from the standardization, they are trying to achieve.
2. They can use Quebec approach with Areas of Training (especially where education and work experience should be consistent), in order to promote certain professions (not just single NOC).
This is more probable to happen. As such system will not leave out other professions completely, but it will put them in a heavy disadvantage.

I do not think that the old system with strict quotas for each profession would be acceptable anymore (such system was way to manual to handle - with the constant checking of each quota against checking the general yearly quota fulfillment).
Lol old system never invited 80000 people a year

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017
I dont really know much about Canadian politics. May i know your reasons for supporting conservatives?
Reasons are pretty simple I live in canada and I m paying a lot taxes. I want better life for my self and ya if u r spending too much money behind this immigration system and that’s affecting people who lives In canada which is not good.

In Ontario liberals lost election already and they didn’t even get 20% votes. So people don’t want liberals

I m not saying that we don’t need immigrants but ya we don’t need 80000 a year. Think about this if 80000 people from Bangladesh or Pakistan getting citizenship of India and India is helping them more than Indians what will happen??

g90

Sep 26, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Reasons are pretty simple I live in canada and I m paying a lot taxes. I want better life for my self and ya if u r spending too much money behind this immigration system and that’s affecting people who lives In canada which is not good.

In Ontario liberals lost election already and they didn’t even get 20% votes. So people don’t want liberals

I m not saying that we don’t need immigrants but ya we don’t need 80000 a year. Think about this if 80000 people from Bangladesh or Pakistan getting citizenship of India and India is helping them more than Indians what will happen??
Don’t mind, but your example of India, Pakistan etc. is not relevant. India is soon going to be number 1 in population and we know how much exhausted the resources here are. And to say the least about the bloody SYSTEM where no one respects your talent. So we can’t even imagine about more people coming to India. Moreover India is not short of talent.

On the contrary, Canada is in desperate need of skilled workers. I mean look at Canada’s population with respect to its area. Also they are getting highly talented people through Express Entry.

Taxes? In India you pay 30% if you’re earning 10 lakhs per year. Taxes have to be paid for a better system.

By the way, had you not been in Canada, would you have wanted the same? What were your thoughts before reaching there?

I don’t mean to criticise anyone. Neither do I know anything about Canadian politics, but one thing I know for sure is that if they need control Immigration, then checks should be on study permits and not Express Entry.

rafal

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018

Bas yehi baat indians ki buri lgti , khud krlo dusro ko na krne do. The ones who came as an immigrant now raises nose on seeing others coming. Come on, have big heart. I have been abroad many times for business, itni to goro ko ni problem hoti desi se jitni desi ko dusre desi se hoti haha

aspirant89

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
We all know and understand that there is a system in place which is controlled on the basis of requirements. It can shut gates tomorrow or like Australia's new proposal ask new immigrants to move to sparsely populated cities. Also the countries priorities will always lie with its citizens. As long as it requires new immigrants, people will try, for them this is the ray of hope.

MVA

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018

Please compare Apple with Apple not Apple with Orange. I am not really good with Oolitucs but the thing you are saying even Layman will oppose it.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018

At least don’t make a username with first name and last name especially when you have such illogical viewpoints.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immigration intake has little thing to do with politics but the demand of worker the nation needed to sustain it's economy. Right now Canada is in-short of worker since the working force reducing, especially baby boomers. The politicians just use immigration as the way to manipulate votes for their own greed purpose.

Please don't talk about politic anymore.

Melchett

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
16-07-2018
Better life? What's wrong with your current life, pray tell? I'm European and I pay a lot less taxes in Canada than I did in my home country. Universal health care and government programs need to be financed somehow, and I think Canada hits the sweet spot. Besides, do you even know how much money is being spent on the current system or is that your personal opinion?

You're repeating this like a parrot. In Ontario the provincial Liberals were in power for 15 years. 15, hey! Voters got tired of them, they sacked them, end of story. The federal Liberals have only been in power for three. If anything, people in Ontario will soon get upset with Ford and the provincial Conservatives and will vote Liberal next year, which is what the polls are predicting.

I m not saying that we don’t need immigrants but ya we don’t need 80000 a year.
That's your personal opinion. If you're so knowledgeable about the topic, please tell me how many immigrants should Canada receive? Please base it on future population projections, income tax revenue, government pension plans and the healthcare system. Would love to hear your input.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol old system never invited 80000 people a year
The old system has never need for a big buffer of 30% of additional potential application that would never happen (declined or expired ITA). Instead of it was just dealing with the standard 10-15% rejection rate.
Also the older system has slightly bigger families (as it was advantageous for older applicants.).
Additionally in the first year, almost no PNP were using EE stream (only app. 16% of all PNP used it in 2015). While now almost 1/3 of all PNP is using EE and the this trend is still rising.

But if you want to compare the results, just check number of immigrants under each official stream, so that you will understand, that there was no big difference there.

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
Don’t mind, but your example of India, Pakistan etc. is not relevant. India is soon going to be number 1 in population and we know how much exhausted the resources here are. And to say the least about the bloody SYSTEM where no one respects your talent. So we can’t even imagine about more people coming to India. Moreover India is not short of talent.

On the contrary, Canada is in desperate need of skilled workers. I mean look at Canada’s population with respect to its area. Also they are getting highly talented people through Express Entry.

Taxes? In India you pay 30% if you’re earning 10 lakhs per year. Taxes have to be paid for a better system.

By the way, had you not been in Canada, would you have wanted the same? What were your thoughts before reaching there?

I don’t mean to criticise anyone. Neither do I know anything about Canadian politics, but one thing I know for sure is that if they need control Immigration, then checks should be on study permits and not Express Entry.
Actually, couple of problems about your argument Canada desperately needing skilled workers.
1. Most of the land is hard to live. Would you willingly move to Yukon or NWT? Everyone pretty much goes to Toronto.
2. All those skilled workers need a way to be absorbed. Someone has to work hard to expand, open businesses etc. Usually, this is done by the people who has money, they don't really need to work that hard, at least it doesn't seem to be the case in Canada. Therefore, it cannot be done quickly, so bringing tons of skilled workers who are completely new will create a problem of absorbtion.

Based on this, I am kind of worried that if the economy goes into recession (or the US economy goes into recession), all the new immigrants going to be in trouble.

By the way, I am not opposed to Express Entry, but I guess it can't last long at this rate.

What I am opposed to is the refugee system, at least it should be stricter. I feel like it's very lax. They cost a lot (their housing, monthly allowance etc. are all on taxpayers' shoulders) and creates a lot of backlash from people as a result, which ends up hurting the chances of highly-skilled workers immigrating.

Also, what's the problem with study permits? On the other hand, I think they should focus more on that. Who could learn more about Canada than a student taking pretty much all courses on Canada's example, working part-time during school with professional network and overall more integrated? Plus, they pay a lot of money as a tuition too! Whole bunch of Express Entry people from third-world countries (nothing against them, it's just a reality) will stuggle for years to get a decent job in my opinion (unless they are in IT or something). All IMHO.