+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rate of Dependent child sponsorship when the child is 21?

Bhavyahanda

Apr 23, 2019
Hello
I would like to know that what is the rate of success of dependent child sponsorship as I'm 21 and going to turn 22, so if my mother sponsors me how likely will i be able to get a PR ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello
I would like to know that what is the rate of success of dependent child sponsorship as I'm 21 and going to turn 22, so if my mother sponsors me how likely will i be able to get a PR ?
The application will definitely be approved provided that:

1) IRCC receives the application before you turn 22
2) You are unmarried and are not in a common law relationship
3) You were declared as a dependent when your mother became a PR

Bhavyahanda

Apr 23, 2019
The application will definitely be approved provided that:

1) IRCC receives the application before you turn 22
2) You are unmarried and are not in a common law relationship
3) You were declared as a dependent when your mother became a PR
Hello scylla
Appreciate your quick reply, is there any way possible we can connect on phone or message.
I have applied for a PRTD and yet not received a reply and it has been over a month, I'm going to turn 22 soon, so the window is closing for my sponsorship.
I have two options
1) Withdraw my PRTD application and enter via US Land Border on expired PR
2) My Mother who lives in Toronto sponsors me as dependent child
But I'm a bit confused if i get reported on the border then should i revoke my pr and wait for sponsorship or should i appeal and carryon with the case.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello scylla
Appreciate your quick reply, is there any way possible we can connect on phone or message.
I have applied for a PRTD and yet not received a reply and it has been over a month, I'm going to turn 22 soon, so the window is closing for my sponsorship.
I have two options
1) Withdraw my PRTD application and enter via US Land Border on expired PR
2) My Mother who lives in Toronto sponsors me as dependent child
But I'm a bit confused if i get reported on the border then should i revoke my pr and wait for sponsorship or should i appeal and carryon with the case.
I'm not a lawyer or consultant and don't offer private advice. I just respond to posts on the forum. If you're looking to connect with someone by phone - you should be looking into hiring a lawyer.

1) I don't know if it's possible to withdraw a PRTD. However based on what we have seen here recently, your PRTD has a high chance of being refused due to your age. Entering via a US/Canada land border is a far from guaranteed method of keeping your PR status. If your PR card is expired and it's been a while since you were in Canada, there's a high chance you'll be reported and will end up losing your PR status.
2) This is the best option as long as you still have enough time to apply to renouce your PR status and then have your mother apply to sponsor you for PR. Her application to sponsor you must reach IRCC before you turn 22.

If you have further questions, you really should be posting them to the Permanent Residency Obligation section of the forum.