+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rate my 'Source of income' letter - Outland sponsorship

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Hello,

I am sponsoring my wife to come to Canada. In form 5533e, page 5, #5, it asks for 'Employment/Source of Income'. My wife and I are living together in Russia, so we need to provide proof that we can support ourselves once we arrive in Canada. I couldn't find any templates for a letter like this, so I gave it a go myself. Please let me know what you think I need to add, or change.

Hello,

I am writing to state the financial plan my wife and I have, for our arrival in Canada.

At the time of writing this letter, we have a bank account, with ~$5000. Our goal is to save between 10,000-15,000 before we move to Canada. With how quickly we have raised this 5000, we are ahead of schedule.

We plan to rent an apartment, for somewhere between $1000-1500 per month, including utilities. With food, internet, phone bills and entertainment, we imagine another $1000 per month. This budget would give us roughly 4-6 months to find jobs within Canada.

We both plan to be working during this time however. (Wife) currently has a job working online with a Russian university, in their sales department. My job as an English teacher, and the relationships I have built with my students, will allow me to continue working with them while I am in Canada as well.

While these jobs will help us in the beginning, we both realize that the higher cost of living in Canada (and the difference in timezones) will mean it will be essential to find jobs in Canada, as soon as possible.

(Wife), having a university degree in economics, wishes to find a job in the banking industry. I will look for work, either in the hospitality industry, or in web design. However, because of the current uncertainties with the pandemic, we are aiming our expectations lower, and have planned for working 30-hour weeks, at minimum wage (14.25/hr). This would give each of us a monthly income of 1500, after taxes.

Thank you for your time

Inryvr

Star Member
Jun 17, 2020
Why are you saying 30 hour/week. Full time hours are normally 40Hours/week so maybe up your numbers there and use gross income instead of income after tax. In the application, they ask for gross income under employment history of sponsor.
If you make the changes above, your monthly income would be approx. $2400 before tax.

Maybe include your resume as an attachment to the letter to show that you are employable.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Why are you saying 30 hour/week. Full time hours are normally 40Hours/week so maybe up your numbers there and use gross income instead of income after tax. In the application, they ask for gross income under employment history of sponsor.
If you make the changes above, your monthly income would be approx. $2400 before tax.

Maybe include your resume as an attachment to the letter to show that you are employable.
I am saying 30 hours, as a way to show that my budget is a 'worst case scenario' since we will be arriving in a covid world. Of course I hope we will be able to get full 40-hour weeks, I thought it might be beneficial to show that our plan will let us survive on less.

Good idea about the resume. I will include that when we submit the application.