+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RAT jobs in Vancouver

hydraulicoil

Jun 6, 2015
I have Irata level 3, and was wondering how hard will it be to fid a job here as a RAT?
I'll be traveling to vancouver in July, and will be entering by tourist visa (6months).
do you think it is sufficient time for me to find a job and employer to apply a labour market union for me?
Do i need to exit the country if I manage to find a job here and change from tourist visa to work visa?
thanks for your help and time!

tritu

Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
Already in Canada on study permit
hydraulicoil said:
I have Irata level 3, and was wondering how hard will it be to fid a job here as a RAT?
I'll be traveling to vancouver in July, and will be entering by tourist visa (6months).
do you think it is sufficient time for me to find a job and employer to apply a labour market union for me?
Do i need to exit the country if I manage to find a job here and change from tourist visa to work visa?
thanks for your help and time!
Impossible

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
voyager12 said:
Why not? just curious.
I'm not sure it's impossible - but extremely difficult, yes.

To get a work permit you first have to find an employer willing to hire a foreign worker. This in itself is very difficult to do - and can take many months (some are never successful). The employer then has to advertise the job for at least a month to prove no Canadian could be hired for the role. After that, the employer has to submit an application for something called an LMIA that gives the employer approval to hire a foreign worker. This costs the employer $1000 and processing times for the LMIA application will likely be 2-4 months. There is no guarantee the LMIA will be approved. If the LMIA is approved, the foreign worker then needs to apply for a work permit. This involves additional waiting.

So in short, because of the cost, time and paperwork involved (with no guarantee of approval) - many/most employers aren't willing to go through the process.

voyager12

Jun 7, 2015
scylla said:
I'm not sure it's impossible - but extremely difficult, yes.

To get a work permit you first have to find an employer willing to hire a foreign worker. This in itself is very difficult to do - and can take many months (some are never successful). The employer then has to advertise the job for at least a month to prove no Canadian could be hired for the role. After that, the employer has to submit an application for something called an LMIA that gives the employer approval to hire a foreign worker. This costs the employer $1000 and processing times for the LMIA application will likely be 2-4 months. There is no guarantee the LMIA will be approved. If the LMIA is approved, the foreign worker then needs to apply for a work permit. This involves additional waiting.

So in short, because of the cost, time and paperwork involved (with no guarantee of approval) - many/most employers aren't willing to go through the process.
Thanks that's pretty much what I wanted to understand.

By the way, hiring someone from overseas sounds like a head-ache for employers in canada. Do you or someone else know about some one working under this circunstances, I mean as TFW (assuming the employer filed the papers and paid the fees)?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
voyager12 said:
Thanks that's pretty much what I wanted to understand.

By the way, hiring someone from overseas sounds like a head-ache for employers in canada. Do you or someone else know about some one working under this circunstances, I mean as TFW (assuming the employer filed the papers and paid the fees)?
Yes - it's a headache.

Read through the discussions in the Foreign Workers section of the forum for TFW examples.

hydraulicoil

Jun 6, 2015
Thanks for all the feedback everyone.
so any suggestions or recommendation of what i should do in order to find work in canada?
i have to go as my wife is currently working in vancouver.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Thanks for all the feedback everyone.
so any suggestions or recommendation of what i should do in order to find work in canada?
i have to go as my wife is currently working in vancouver.
HEY did u work it out in the meantimee