+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rare situation

Kb1990

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
My husband was hired by a Canadian company that has been working on getting an approved LMIA for him since February. They submitted the application over back at the end of February 2020. They recently had to advertise again for 2 weeks due to the requirements from covid and they submitted the new recruiting paperwork to esdc this week. So basically, we are nearly at the end of the LMIA process and I’m assuming that the employer interview shouldn’t be too far off.

The bad part is that over the past few months, my husband has started feeling sick. He’s been having stomach problems. At first I assumed it was anxiety with everything but the longer it’s gone on, the more im almost sure he has IBD. This would basically make him fail the medical exam I’m sure. It’s expensive to treat.

we are not in Canada currently. We have not done the medical exams yet. I was originally waiting for the LMIA approval before we scheduled medical exams. I don’t really know what to do at this point. If I schedule him a dr appt for his symptoms, the wait will be a while to see a gastro dr. They are backed up for 3-4 months at this point. I’m assuming we will need to get immigration medicals in the meantime. How do you go forth with medical exams while being sick? im assuming they would want to investigate as well before approving. it seems like a lot of time and money to go forth with immigration medical exams while you’re trying to see what’s wrong with you.

Do we tell his employer that he’s scared he may have crohns? Obviously we have no actual diagnosis so I’m not sure that’s a good answer either. Plus they have spent a lot of time and money on this process so how do you even bring this up without looking awful? I’m so lost.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
If I schedule him a dr appt for his symptoms, the wait will be a while to see a gastro dr. They are backed up for 3-4 months at this point.
Health is more important than Canada. Please get him checked by the doctor. Possibly, he may not have IBD.

Reactions: Kb1990

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
My husband was hired by a Canadian company that has been working on getting an approved LMIA for him since February. They submitted the application over back at the end of February 2020. They recently had to advertise again for 2 weeks due to the requirements from covid and they submitted the new recruiting paperwork to esdc this week. So basically, we are nearly at the end of the LMIA process and I’m assuming that the employer interview shouldn’t be too far off.

The bad part is that over the past few months, my husband has started feeling sick. He’s been having stomach problems. At first I assumed it was anxiety with everything but the longer it’s gone on, the more im almost sure he has IBD. This would basically make him fail the medical exam I’m sure. It’s expensive to treat.

we are not in Canada currently. We have not done the medical exams yet. I was originally waiting for the LMIA approval before we scheduled medical exams. I don’t really know what to do at this point. If I schedule him a dr appt for his symptoms, the wait will be a while to see a gastro dr. They are backed up for 3-4 months at this point. I’m assuming we will need to get immigration medicals in the meantime. How do you go forth with medical exams while being sick? im assuming they would want to investigate as well before approving. it seems like a lot of time and money to go forth with immigration medical exams while you’re trying to see what’s wrong with you.

Do we tell his employer that he’s scared he may have crohns? Obviously we have no actual diagnosis so I’m not sure that’s a good answer either. Plus they have spent a lot of time and money on this process so how do you even bring this up without looking awful? I’m so lost.
Please don't self diagnose. IBS often shows similar symptoms too. IBD can be ruled out sometimes with a very inexpensive blood test (ask you doctor, I can not give medical advice over internet). IBS is very common and NOT as troublesome as IBD. There are a host of problems that can cause symptoms like IBD -- including IBS, horroids, ameobiosis and a host of other conditions etc. Some even cause the classic bloody stool symptom. Some can even cause very IBD like pains and bleeding.

To tell you how I know this, 12 years back I was in the same boat. I was worried I am having IBD. I was searching for a gastro to diagnose me with IBD. Didn't happen. I had blood and right side lower abdomain pain (classic symptoms of terminal illitis -- a menifestation of Chron's) and some fever and even some symptoms on skin. My blood results came negative. My colonoscopy came negative. My capsule endoscopy came negative. My CT scan came negative. My barium X-Ray came negative. Yet I had all the classical symptoms of IBD. I had IBS and due to IBS I developed 'horroid. Dr told me to clam the "f" down. Take one pill for keeping the colon calm and some prep H.

Now, after 12 years, I have no issues. No prep H. No colon medicine nothing. The symptoms of IBS -- touch wood, went away after 8 months. Basically when I met a new girl (whom I am married to now).

Did I mention, I am in Canada on a WP? I did mention my IBS during my medical. Doc didn't even qrite it down.

So, crux of matter is : Don't self diagnose. Let docs do it. Body is very capable of showing the EXACT symptom you fear while having something totally different. IBS and IBD are VERY VERY VERY easy to confuse.

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Please get a medical check-up. Good luck, hopefully it should all work out in the end for you.

Kb1990

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
Please don't self diagnose. IBS often shows similar symptoms too. IBD can be ruled out sometimes with a very inexpensive blood test (ask you doctor, I can not give medical advice over internet). IBS is very common and NOT as troublesome as IBD. There are a host of problems that can cause symptoms like IBD -- including IBS, horroids, ameobiosis and a host of other conditions etc. Some even cause the classic bloody stool symptom. Some can even cause very IBD like pains and bleeding.

To tell you how I know this, 12 years back I was in the same boat. I was worried I am having IBD. I was searching for a gastro to diagnose me with IBD. Didn't happen. I had blood and right side lower abdomain pain (classic symptoms of terminal illitis -- a menifestation of Chron's) and some fever and even some symptoms on skin. My blood results came negative. My colonoscopy came negative. My capsule endoscopy came negative. My CT scan came negative. My barium X-Ray came negative. Yet I had all the classical symptoms of IBD. I had IBS and due to IBS I developed 'horroid. Dr told me to clam the "f" down. Take one pill for keeping the colon calm and some prep H.

Now, after 12 years, I have no issues. No prep H. No colon medicine nothing. The symptoms of IBS -- touch wood, went away after 8 months. Basically when I met a new girl (whom I am married to now).

Did I mention, I am in Canada on a WP? I did mention my IBS during my medical. Doc didn't even qrite it down.

So, crux of matter is : Don't self diagnose. Let docs do it. Body is very capable of showing the EXACT symptom you fear while having something totally different. IBS and IBD are VERY VERY VERY easy to confuse.
I’m

That’s very true. It could be Ibs for him. He has no blood present in his stool so maybe I’m getting worked up over nothing.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
That’s very true. It could be Ibs for him. He has no blood present in his stool so maybe I’m getting worked up over nothing.
Then .... most likely this is the case. BUT! Please do not take it lightly as well. Unless cleared from doctor, better get it investigated. IBD is not the worst diagnosis in the world, it can be anything.

So please, don't panic but don't take health lightly too. Just meet your GP or doctor.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Ones health is FAR FAR more important then ANYTHING else
Everything else is secondary