+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<rant> Why does CIC pick on self-employed people?

flyingscottie

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
They encourage entrepreneurs to come to Canada, then knife you in the back when you try to become a citizen.

I employe Canadians, I pay taxes, I help other Canadian businesses, and because I don't have T4s I'm a problem?

Jeez... thanks.

</rant>

Reactions: azazaz

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
They encourage entrepreneurs to come to Canada, then knife you in the back when you try to become a citizen.

I employe Canadians, I pay taxes, I help other Canadian businesses, and because I don't have T4s I'm a problem?

Jeez... thanks.

</rant>
How do they pick on you? Can you give us more details so we can determine if they are treating you any different from the rest of us, which they shouldn't!

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Flagged for RQ after test.
You think it is because of your self employment? If the nature of your business requires a lot of travelling then they might suspect you have interests abroad. Just wondering. If anything, self employed individuals creating jobs need to be rewarded!

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Not sure this is the reason. I have a friend who is self employed, travels a lot, had her interview, was asked for police certificate from Turkey as she stayed more than 183 days but so far no RQ.

flyingscottie

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
You think it is because of your self employment? If the nature of your business requires a lot of travelling then they might suspect you have interests abroad. Just wondering. If anything, self employed individuals creating jobs need to be rewarded!
I don't travel AT ALL for business, but I do frequently cross to US for dance tuition..... Like every 6-8 weeks for the weekend.

azazaz

Jul 6, 2011

Jeez... thanks.

</rant>

Sorry to hear about that..I can understand your pain and I agree with you

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Not sure this is the reason. I have a friend who is self employed, travels a lot, had her interview, was asked for police certificate from Turkey as she stayed more than 183 days but so far no RQ.
I think it happens quite randomly, and could happen to anyone, depending on which officer handles the file and the mood of the officer during that day

Reactions: flyingscottie

azazaz

Jul 6, 2011
They haven't given me any explanation as to what..... But have asked for FULL RQ for SEVEN YEARS.

Pardon me ? What you mean by 7 years..I dint understand...please explain...what they have asked from you..and whta reason you were issued RQ ?

ORDER GCMS notes..you may know some thing

flyingscottie

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Pardon me ? What you mean by 7 years..I dint understand...please explain...what they have asked from you..and whta reason you were issued RQ ?

ORDER GCMS notes..you may know some thing
They want my address and work and medical history going back to January 2011, when I landed in Canada.