Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014

SophieGraham

Feb 2, 2018
I know this is a bit of an old thread but worth a shot...I was selected for quality assurance and had an interview in person here in Vancouver on March 28th. They said in the interview that my application then gets sent to my home country, England to be reviewed there. Does anyone have any ideas how long this process should take or how I can contact London to see if they have an approximation? When I call I just get automated responses that eventually hang up the line. I am keen to be able to travel home due to family illness but understand I will not be granted re-entry to Canada due to my working holiday visa being expired, my extension only allows me to stay in Canada whilst this is being reviewed. Any advise greatly appreciated, feeling rather lost and worried! :s

dabas

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
I know this is a bit of an old thread but worth a shot...I was selected for quality assurance and had an interview in person here in Vancouver on March 28th. They said in the interview that my application then gets sent to my home country, England to be reviewed there. Does anyone have any ideas how long this process should take or how I can contact London to see if they have an approximation? When I call I just get automated responses that eventually hang up the line. I am keen to be able to travel home due to family illness but understand I will not be granted re-entry to Canada due to my working holiday visa being expired, my extension only allows me to stay in Canada whilst this is being reviewed. Any advise greatly appreciated, feeling rather lost and worried! :s

It is not clear what you applied for and what are the circumstances? Are you from England?

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
How are you applying for citizenship if you don't have 2 years of permanent residency time spent in Canada already? Having trouble re-entering Canada is not a problem that anyone eligible to apply for citizenship would possibly have to consider, since you must be PR to qualify.

chefprashi

Mar 17, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 sep 2011
AOR Received.
dec 15
IELTS Request
sent
Med's Request
15 Feb2012
Med's Done....
29 Feb
Interview........
RPRF encashed on 11 April 2012
Passport Req..
15 Feb and delivered on 9 Mar 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM ON 27th Aug. 2012
I am on the same boat here asked for bunch of documents. Entry and exit records..... is it just for eligibility period or life time. I visited bunch of countries as i used to work on cruiseship. So getting those records are nearly impossible. What can i do.

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
I am on the same boat here asked for bunch of documents. Entry and exit records..... is it just for eligibility period or life time. I visited bunch of countries as i used to work on cruiseship. So getting those records are nearly impossible. What can i do.
If you have been requested the documents, they probably specify if they are related to the eligibility period of for longer. Normally I would assume it is for the eligibility period: if it was otherwise, they would have probably asked for it specifically.

I believe the best approach would be to at least give it a try: take the list of the countries and start finding out how you can request entry and exit records. One by one, start to see how easy or difficult it is to obtain those records and then start requesting them. I believe they should see that you have at least tried to get what you are asking for. If it really is impossible, they can't hold you responsible for not getting them.

chefprashi

Mar 17, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 sep 2011
AOR Received.
dec 15
IELTS Request
sent
Med's Request
15 Feb2012
Med's Done....
29 Feb
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
DM ON 27th Aug. 2012
If you have been requested the documents, they probably specify if they are related to the eligibility period of for longer. Normally I would assume it is for the eligibility period: if it was otherwise, they would have probably asked for it specifically.

I believe the best approach would be to at least give it a try: take the list of the countries and start finding out how you can request entry and exit records. One by one, start to see how easy or difficult it is to obtain those records and then start requesting them. I believe they should see that you have at least tried to get what you are asking for. If it really is impossible, they can't hold you responsible for not getting them.
For passport pages and health claim summary, they clearly said relevent period. But for entry and exit reports they did not specify. Can the stamps on passports act as records. Thanks for your advise anyways. Will call cic in the morning.

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
For passport pages and health claim summary, they clearly said relevent period. But for entry and exit reports they did not specify. Can the stamps on passports act as records. Thanks for your advise anyways. Will call cic in the morning.
The stamps on your passport would be enough if they covered all the transactions. Unfortunately (in your case), not many countries stamp passports at entry and exit. Some of them don't stamp it at all, so in that case it is a lot more tricky. I think you could assume that where you have a stamp on your passport, that is good enough proof of entry or exit.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Entry and exit records..... is it just for eligibility period or life time.
Assuming what was sent to you is the same as what others have received, the entry/exit records should cover the RELEVANT time period (which should be stated in the form and which otherwise should be the five years preceding the date the application was made), HOWEVER, this particular item appears to request, in addition to such records from all countries in which the applicant is a citizen, these records from all countries in which the applicant has ever had residency status. That is, the entry/exit record is ONLY for the RELEVANT period, but the countries from which these records are requested include countries in which the applicant may have been a resident BEFORE the relevant time period.

That is, the entry/exit records themselves should cover the relevant time period.

In particular, if your document request is the same as those received by others who received the PPQ-QAE, at the very top of the two-page document request, which is titled "Appendix -- Required Documents," it should state the following:

Supporting documents should only cover the relevant period of physical presence. Please do not provide documents from before or after this period. Your relevant period is:

This applies to all the requests in the two-page list of document requests.

CAVEAT: Such requests can and do change. The applicant needs to follow the specific instructions in the correspondence the applicant personally received. Thus, it is possible what you received is different, and if so you need to follow the instructions in the requests you personally, specifically received.

For reference, in what others have reported receiving, the Entry/Exit Record item states:

Entry/Exit Record issued by the authorities of your country of citizenship and/or all countries of current or past (permanent or temporary) residence status other than Canada. Refer to the relevant embassy or consulate on how to obtain this record
http://www.international.gc.ca/protocol-protocole/reps.aspx?lang=eng

Thus, again, the entry/exit records themselves should cover the relevant time period . . . but not be limited to countries in which the applicant has traveled to or from during the relevant time period (thus, for example, the entry/exit record from some countries may be null, that is, not have any record of an entry or exit, if the applicant did not travel to or from that country in the relevant time period).

THAT SAID, the scope of what IRCC can require must be REASONABLE, and every indication suggests that as to these PPQ-QAE requests IRCC is indeed approaching them reasonably NOT strictly. Thus, substantial performance in providing requested documents will almost certainly suffice for a qualified applicant who has accurately and appropriately provided information in the application and otherwise.

Thus, for example, if the applicant provides the Entry/Exit records from --
-- every country in which the applicant is or was a citizen, AND
-- in which the applicant had residency status (in other words, not just a transient visitor) AND traveled in and out of during the relevant time period​
this will almost certainly suffice ASSUMING the applicant is qualified, accurately and appropriately provided information in the application, and substantially performed in responding to the rest of the PPQ-QAE (or any other requests from IRCC).

Basically if the applicant makes a good faith effort to provide the information and documents requested, it is very unlikely a failure to include this or that particular document will cause a problem. Obviously, of course, this depends on what in particular the applicant does not provide. The failure to provide a relevant passport, for example, is something which is very likely to not only trigger elevated scrutiny but increase the risk of IRCC approaching the applicant skeptically. A big and unexplained gap in employment-related documentation, and especially if that corresponds to a gap in documentation for the dwelling-place where one was living in Canada, is likely to trigger problematic scrutiny. A unexplained failure to include an entry/exit record from a country in which the applicant has substantial ties during the relevant five years, may or may not trigger some elevated scrutiny. And so on.

Main thing is to make a genuine, sincere effort to provide what you can, acknowledge and explain what is not being submitted, providing true documents and information, of course, and not withholding documents or information that can be provided, and do this timely. If, for example, documents requested from other government bodies have not arrived in time, submit what you have on time and explain that a request was made for those documents, state the date that request was made, and explain they have not yet been received. Be sure to keep records of all requests to other government bodies. Be sure to keep a full copy of everything you submit to IRCC along with your copy of your application and presence calculation.

chefprashi

Mar 17, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 sep 2011
AOR Received.
dec 15
IELTS Request
sent
Med's Request
15 Feb2012
Med's Done....
29 Feb
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
DM ON 27th Aug. 2012
Assuming what was sent to you is the same as what others have received, the entry/exit records should cover the RELEVANT time period (which should be stated in the form and which otherwise should be the five years preceding the date the application was made), HOWEVER, this particular item appears to request, in addition to such records from all countries in which the applicant is a citizen, these records from all countries in which the applicant has ever had residency status. That is, the entry/exit record is ONLY for the RELEVANT period, but the countries from which these records are requested include countries in which the applicant may have been a resident BEFORE the relevant time period.

That is, the entry/exit records themselves should cover the relevant time period.

In particular, if your document request is the same as those received by others who received the PPQ-QAE, at the very top of the two-page document request, which is titled "Appendix -- Required Documents," it should state the following:

Supporting documents should only cover the relevant period of physical presence. Please do not provide documents from before or after this period. Your relevant period is:

This applies to all the requests in the two-page list of document requests.

CAVEAT: Such requests can and do change. The applicant needs to follow the specific instructions in the correspondence the applicant personally received. Thus, it is possible what you received is different, and if so you need to follow the instructions in the requests you personally, specifically received.

For reference, in what others have reported receiving, the Entry/Exit Record item states:

Entry/Exit Record issued by the authorities of your country of citizenship and/or all countries of current or past (permanent or temporary) residence status other than Canada. Refer to the relevant embassy or consulate on how to obtain this record
http://www.international.gc.ca/protocol-protocole/reps.aspx?lang=eng

Thus, again, the entry/exit records themselves should cover the relevant time period . . . but not be limited to countries in which the applicant has traveled to or from during the relevant time period (thus, for example, the entry/exit record from some countries may be null, that is, not have any record of an entry or exit, if the applicant did not travel to or from that country in the relevant time period).

THAT SAID, the scope of what IRCC can require must be REASONABLE, and every indication suggests that as to these PPQ-QAE requests IRCC is indeed approaching them reasonably NOT strictly. Thus, substantial performance in providing requested documents will almost certainly suffice for a qualified applicant who has accurately and appropriately provided information in the application and otherwise.

Thus, for example, if the applicant provides the Entry/Exit records from --
-- every country in which the applicant is or was a citizen, AND
-- in which the applicant had residency status (in other words, not just a transient visitor) AND traveled in and out of during the relevant time period​
this will almost certainly suffice ASSUMING the applicant is qualified, accurately and appropriately provided information in the application, and substantially performed in responding to the rest of the PPQ-QAE (or any other requests from IRCC).

Basically if the applicant makes a good faith effort to provide the information and documents requested, it is very unlikely a failure to include this or that particular document will cause a problem. Obviously, of course, this depends on what in particular the applicant does not provide. The failure to provide a relevant passport, for example, is something which is very likely to not only trigger elevated scrutiny but increase the risk of IRCC approaching the applicant skeptically. A big and unexplained gap in employment-related documentation, and especially if that corresponds to a gap in documentation for the dwelling-place where one was living in Canada, is likely to trigger problematic scrutiny. A unexplained failure to include an entry/exit record from a country in which the applicant has substantial ties during the relevant five years, may or may not trigger some elevated scrutiny. And so on.

Main thing is to make a genuine, sincere effort to provide what you can, acknowledge and explain what is not being submitted, providing true documents and information, of course, and not withholding documents or information that can be provided, and do this timely. If, for example, documents requested from other government bodies have not arrived in time, submit what you have on time and explain that a request was made for those documents, state the date that request was made, and explain they have not yet been received. Be sure to keep records of all requests to other government bodies. Be sure to keep a full copy of everything you submit to IRCC along with your copy of your application and presence calculation.
Thank you so much for your explanation.

chefprashi

Mar 17, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 sep 2011
AOR Received.
dec 15
IELTS Request
sent
Med's Request
15 Feb2012
Med's Done....
29 Feb
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
DM ON 27th Aug. 2012
So... i called cic today and asked them about entry and exit record. The agent told me the records are for eligibility period only. I called indian embassy and asked for such records and she told me she can not provide any of those records but they can give me written explanation that they can not provide me that.

Asif90

Jun 1, 2018
Hi, i received letter from IRCC that i am randomly selected for quality assurance review, i submitted all the documents and i was called for test and interview. Interview was long however at the end i was asked for police clearance certificate from US and notice of assessment. Any idea why they asked for notice of assessment? I was unemployed and won't have income to show. Will this delay citizenship application. Thanks

chefprashi

Mar 17, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 sep 2011
AOR Received.
dec 15
IELTS Request
sent
Med's Request
15 Feb2012
Med's Done....
29 Feb
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
DM ON 27th Aug. 2012
I was one of the randomly selected for qa. Sent everything what they asked me including FP. Year after i sent all the documents, got invitation for test. Passed the test. Interview was long and went well. Got the oath letter and ceremony is next month.

Reactions: k300k3 and GraceCan