+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Randomly selected for quality assurance

Marooned2

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Memory is vague, that was four years ago. Truth of the matter is I have lost the landing letter / CoPR. I am sending my application for Verification of Status/Replacement of CoPR coming week, as many on this forum suggested it is a very important document needed for life.
Just scan these kind of docs and put them in your dropbox or something, then you will always have them.

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
I guess the de facto processing time remains same. When it was 3/4 rule, most people waited 5 years to get citizenship because of 2-year processing. Then with 4/6 rule it was again about 5 years wait with 1 year (shorter) processing time. And now again, despite the 3 year qualifying period, with these RQ, I wonder if we will go back to 5 year wait...
Your timeline shows you got through the process in 5 months! What are you talking about?

Chai_to_Double-double

Nov 22, 2017
Hi All,

I have received a random PPE request and IRCC has asked me for zillion documents.
its going to be a lot of work for me.

I have travelled to Cuba & India during my relevant period. I tried to reach out to Indian High Commission & they have told me that they dont keep such entry/exit records. Cuban Embassy haven't even bothered to respond to me. I don't think they will. I was just a mere tourist in that country for 2 times for 1 week each. (like other hundreds of thousands of Canadians that go for the all inclusive trips to Cuba.

What should I do ? IRCC should know that its almost impossible to provide such ridiculous documents.

Also, I have fallen out with one of my landlords with whom I stayed for about 3 years. I don't any rental contract or lease. What should I do to prove my residency ? I was employed for the entire duration of my relevant period.

Senior please advise.

Marooned2

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Since there is some chance for people to be selected for this QA thing, I'm going to briefly list what docs are needed so you may want to consider having an eye on them just in case (all during eligibility period):

• Rental leases
  • A letter from landlord
  • Letter of employment
  • T4 forms
  • Official transcripts
  • Full color copy of all pages of passport
  • Exit/Entry confirmation from the countries you visited
  • A letter of confirmation that you had provincial health care

Reactions: aircanada

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Hi All,

I have received a random PPE request and IRCC has asked me for zillion documents.
its going to be a lot of work for me.

I have travelled to Cuba & India during my relevant period. I tried to reach out to Indian High Commission & they have told me that they dont keep such entry/exit records. Cuban Embassy haven't even bothered to respond to me. I don't think they will. I was just a mere tourist in that country for 2 times for 1 week each. (like other hundreds of thousands of Canadians that go for the all inclusive trips to Cuba.

What should I do ? IRCC should know that its almost impossible to provide such ridiculous documents.

Also, I have fallen out with one of my landlords with whom I stayed for about 3 years. I don't any rental contract or lease. What should I do to prove my residency ? I was employed for the entire duration of my relevant period.

Senior please advise.
You don't HAVE to provide every single document they ask for. Provide what you can and write a written explanation to justify the absence of the things you cannot provide. It's that simple. You can't present documents that you can't get your hands on.

Chai_to_Double-double

Nov 22, 2017
You don't HAVE to provide every single document they ask for. Provide what you can and write a written explanation to justify the absence of the things you cannot provide. It's that simple. You can't present documents that you can't get your hands on.
This is comforting, Thank you.

My concern is that what if I provide credit card statements- All months & maybe cellphone bills for some of the months during which I was a resident at that address... Will that suffice for address confirmation ?

Also, Can they still contact that landlord if I state that I fell out with my landlord, My fear is that he is gonna say no that I was not living there as we ended things on a bad note.

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since there is some chance for people to be selected for this QA thing, I'm going to briefly list what docs are needed so you may want to consider having an eye on them just in case (all during eligibility period):

• Rental leases
  • A letter from landlord
  • Letter of employment
  • T4 forms
  • Official transcripts
  • Full color copy of all pages of passport
  • Exit/Entry confirmation from the countries you visited
  • A letter of confirmation that you had provincial health care
This list sounds right. I have been gathering docs for the past few days. In my list I have also included air tickets/boarding passes of international travels and hotel stays (wherever I found them hiding in my emails). I am yet to contact all of my previous lanldords for letters. I have also included the last drawn pay stubs of some of my employers (where ever I found). I am planning to include a few utility bills wherever I lived in the past (at least the last bill).

Marooned2

Star Member
May 18, 2017
This list sounds right. I have been gathering docs for the past few days. In my list I have also included air tickets/boarding passes of international travels and hotel stays (wherever I found them hiding in my emails). I am yet to contact all of my previous lanldords for letters. I have also included the last drawn pay stubs of some of my employers (where ever I found). I am planning to include a few utility bills wherever I lived in the past (at least the last bill).
well non of these items were requested in my form, I didn't send any of these stuff

cherif2100

Mar 1, 2012
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2011/11/21
Doc's Request.
2012 / 07 /10
Nomination.....
2012/10/ 06
AOR Received.
2012 /12 / 19
File Transfer...
2013 to bucharest
Med's Request
2013/09/24
Med's Done....
27-SEP-2013 // in process 9 Nov
Interview........
2012/11/21
Passport Req..
2014/04/15
VISA ISSUED...
2014/04/23
LANDED..........
2014/05/14
For the entry exit record, does it have to be the original and stamped by ministry of foreign affair of the country? Or I can send them a scanned copy of it ? (The request ask for a “entry exit record” doesn’t precise if it needs to be the original not even a certified copy)

lovecran2001

Jan 2, 2018
Folks,

I've been reading carefully the thread and I have a question for you: are you 100% sure the entry/exit forms are for all the countries you visited as a tourist?

I received the forms and annexes in french (my mother tongue) and it seems to me that the form is required for countries you were a resident of only (and they specified ''permanent or temporary). Now as you know Canada makes a status distinction between a tourist and a temporary resident, so I'm strongly thinking you only need that form for countries you are a citizen of or countries you lived in during the past 5 years, but not the ones you visited as a beach vacation (where, let's admit it, you drank and ate too much in 2016) do I make senses or not at all?

Last edited:

cherif2100

Mar 1, 2012
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2011/11/21
Doc's Request.
2012 / 07 /10
Nomination.....
2012/10/ 06
AOR Received.
2012 /12 / 19
File Transfer...
2013 to bucharest
Med's Request
2013/09/24
Med's Done....
Interview........
2012/11/21
Passport Req..
2014/04/15
VISA ISSUED...
2014/04/23
LANDED..........
2014/05/14
Folks,

I've been reading carefully the thread and I have a question for you: are you 100% sure the entry/exit forms are for all the countries you visited as a tourist?

I received the forms and annexes in french (my mother tongue) and it seems to me that the form is required for countries you were a resident of only (and they specified ''permanent or temporary). Now as you know Canada makes a status distinction between a tourist and a temporary resident, so I'm strongly thinking you only need that form for countries you are a citizen of or countries you lived in during the past 5 years, but not the ones you visited as a beach vacation (where, let's admit it, you drank and ate too much in 2016) do I make senses or not at all?

That’s what I thought at first that visit visas would be excluded, but according to cic website a visit visa to Canada is classified as temporary resident

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/applications/visa.asp

If you have a different reference please share it with us to make my life easier , thanks!

cherif2100

Mar 1, 2012
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2011/11/21
Doc's Request.
2012 / 07 /10
Nomination.....
2012/10/ 06
AOR Received.
2012 /12 / 19
File Transfer...
2013 to bucharest
Med's Request
2013/09/24
Med's Done....
Interview........
2012/11/21
Passport Req..
2014/04/15
VISA ISSUED...
2014/04/23
LANDED..........
2014/05/14
After contacting Dubai authorities inquiring about entry exit record, they referred us to download app on phone “ GDRFA Dubai “ to proceed with the request, but I still couldn’t find the exact steps in the app to reach that request.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I respond to some questions above in the other topic about this procedure.

In particular, for example, I address the Entry/Exit Records request in some depth there.

That’s what I thought at first that visit visas would be excluded, but according to cic website a visit visa to Canada is classified as temporary resident
For example, I tend to agree (but for somewhat different reasons) with the following:
. . . it seems to me that the form is required for countries you were a resident of only (and they specified ''permanent or temporary).

A partial quote:

I think it will be OK to approach this comparable to how the applicant completes item 13 in the application form itself, which asks whether the applicant has ever had "immigration or citizenship status in any country other than Canada, including [the applicant's] country of birth?"

The column heading for status lists: "e.g. student, employment/worker, refugee, permanent resident or citizen."

lovecran2001

Jan 2, 2018
I respond to some questions above in the other topic about this procedure.

In particular, for example, I address the Entry/Exit Records request in some depth there.

For example, I tend to agree (but for somewhat different reasons) with the following:

A partial quote:
I agree. In any case if anything is missing I believe they will let us know and give us a chance to provide the missing right? I am aware this will mean delaying my application but I'm ready to take the chances. Also the other rationale behind my thinking is that they have their own record of entry-exit as a country, so they only want to know if you frequently left another country you were leaving in/resident of as they cannot control this information.

It is already painful to find/provide this entry/exit form from my home country (France - a nightmare of bureaucracy, no ones knows so far which government entity can provide this document) so if I can avoid providing it for Dominican Republique, Italy, Netherlands and United Kingdom I will gladly choose not too.