+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rainbow Bridge PR Landing FAILED

SMCAN1

Feb 15, 2018
In case anyone is planning to land at Rainbow Bridge, ON, please be advised that you are only allowed to do so on Tue-Fri, from 8am. I did not know that, so I went there today and I was told I had to come back later. Hope this helps those who might be thibking if doing the same thing.
Were you doing flagpoling or went into US and came back after a day or so?

SMCAN1

Feb 15, 2018
I have a valid US tourist visa, I was thinking to go to US on Saturday and then come back on Sunday via rainbow Bridge. Will they process my PR landing on Sunday or not?

amit_saha1986

Jul 29, 2015
Hi All

Sharing our experience
1. reach canada border with ur passport and copr and pof copied.
2. insert 4*25c coins and walk into the rainbow bridge that separates US and Canada. (the best view of niagara)
3. walk inside US border and say you have come for satus change in Canada.
4. They scan your passport for US criminal list and give u a form mentioning the date.
5. Walk back the same bridge into Canada.
6. Your landing formaility will be completed by CBSA. They might as you to show ur income proof in Canada and address proof in Canada.
7. Dance now you are officially a PR in Canada.

Reactions: ansarcrtni

Goks2018

Mar 5, 2018
Thanks for sharing..

do we need to do flagpoling only between Tue to Thursday or does it happen even during weekends?

Im planning to do it from prescot, Im from Ottawa - Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

alexhalo

Jun 5, 2018
Hi guys,

Has anyone recently done flagpoling for PR landing at Rainbow Bridge?

I'm planning to do this in few weeks and just want to make sure they still accepting..

Thanks,

npe

Nov 18, 2017
I tried landing at Rainbow Bridge today in the morning with no luck. I got to the customs at 8 am and there were about 20 people in front of me. The immigration officers accepted about half of the group and then said they won't manage to process anybody else today cause they're full capacity. They said we can check back in later (at 2 or 3 pm), but they're doubtful they'll be able to accept more people.

I got a chance to chat with an officer and ask a few questions though. He told me that one has to arrive a lot earlier than 8 am, there were people lining up at 6 already. He also said that driving through the border will give you more chance to get processed. I don't drive and I don't think that spending a night at Rainbow Bridge is a sane endeavor, so I'll most likely fly out and land at Pearson. I think it's a shame that such a straightforward procedure requires this much effort.

Last edited:

SeineToHumber

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
I tried landing at Rainbow Bridge today in the morning with no luck. I got to the customs at 8 am and there were about 20 people in front of me. The immigration officers accepted about half of the group and then said they won't manage to process anybody else today cause they're full capacity. They said we can check back in later (at 2 or 3 pm), but they're doubtful they'll be able to accept more people.

I got a chance to chat with an officer and ask a few questions though. He told me that one has to arrive a lot earlier than 8 am, there were people lining up at 6 already. He also said that driving through the border will you give more chance to get processed. I don't drive and I don't think that spending a night at Rainbow Bridge is a sane endeavor, so I'll most likely fly out and land at Pearson. I think it's a shame that such a straightforward procedure requires this much effort.
I agree. It should not be this way, Canada should be better than this. You put in your application, got accepted, paid your PR fee, followed their publications, and still got refused service. And CBSA gets *FULL* government funding for landing PRs (even flagpole cases).

I recommend calling/emailing your MP with your story, find them here: https://www.ourcommons.ca/Parliamentarians/en/constituencies/FindMP
File a complaint with CBSA too: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/com-eng.html

You're being denied your lawful rights. They wouldn't turn back cars entering Canada.

Feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

npe

Nov 18, 2017
I agree. It should not be this way, Canada should be better than this. You put in your application, got accepted, paid your PR fee, followed their publications, and still got refused service. And CBSA gets *FULL* government funding for landing PRs (even flagpole cases).

I recommend calling/emailing your MP with your story, find them here: https://www.ourcommons.ca/Parliamentarians/en/constituencies/FindMP
File a complaint with CBSA too: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/com-eng.html

You're being denied your lawful rights. They wouldn't turn back cars entering Canada.

Feel free to PM me.
Thanks @SeineToHumber !

Reactions: SeineToHumber

Anna Ngac

Sep 5, 2019
Did anyone just do the flagpole recently at rainbow bridge? Could you please update the time/situation there?
Thank you!

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
is there any road border near niagara which processes PR landing on Sunday. I will be driving from New York with family so not flag poling. Im returning after a gap of 2 yrs while my wife and daughter are first time PR's
Please advice on course of Action.

SeineToHumber

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
is there any road border near niagara which processes PR landing on Sunday. I will be driving from New York with family so not flag poling. Im returning after a gap of 2 yrs while my wife and daughter are first time PR's
Please advice on course of Action.
If they've been living in USA, it's not flagpoling as CBSA has defined it. So CBSA is supposed to provide landing 24/7. I'd recommend the bigger crossings (e.g. Peace Bridge), but they're all supposed to provide the service. Sunday evenings get busy in general, so daylight hours should mean less grumbling.

You could call them in advance to have some extra "well, your helpline rep #7656744 said I could when I called them and explained it", but you shouldn't need to.

If you have any issues, let us know (or even if you succeed).