+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rainbow Bridge PR Landing FAILED

SSNR

Dec 24, 2016
i think there was a notice from border agency that few land ports in southern ontario will process landing/flagpoling requests only between Tuesday and Thursday. This list of ports include peace bridge as well. So, it's better you plan to go there tuesday, wednesday or Thursday.

xiaohan

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
Anyone have phone numbers to call the 3 bridges in the Niagara area?
You only can call CBSA phone number and the officer will response to your questions.

There is no direct phone number you can call to each bridge close to the fall.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
To be safe, go to Thousand Island or Blue Water bridge which is 3 hours driving both way from Toronto. Otherwise you can always try your lucky at Peace bridge or Queenston Lewiston bridge
I'm in the US, I think we're just going to fly into Toronto Pearson. Thx tho

luoyule

Jul 26, 2017
Hi Guys,

My experience flagpoling yesterday (21st June) was pleasant.

Drove to Lewiston-Queenston from Toronto..reached US side at around 9pm. Was asked for passport and made to wait for 10 minutes before being provided with the white paper(with name and dob).
Drove back to Canada border, was asked few statutory questions, was provided with yellow paper (mentioned flagpoling) and then was directed to park my car towards the border security office.
There were only 2-3 families at the office and was given the signed COPR after around 30 minutes of wait. The officer did inquire about having proof of funds.. luckily I had printed my bank statement earlier that day...in total it took less than an hour to complete all the formalities.
If any questions, please let me know..will try to help.
Hi, I just received my ppr two days ago and planning my landing now.

Did you actually cross the US boarder with valid visa? (I am confused with flagpole and entering US with valid visa)
What did you tell the officer why you were there?

Thanks!!

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......

Did you actually cross the US boarder with valid visa? (I am confused with flagpole and entering US with valid visa)

Thanks!!
Not required. You just go to US side, ask for flagpole. You will get a denial paper from Immigration side of US side. That's it, you walk back and do the landing thingy at Canada side.

luoyule

Jul 26, 2017
Not required. You just go to US side, ask for flagpole. You will get a denial paper from Immigration side of US side. That's it, you walk back and do the landing thingy at Canada side.
Thanks, I think I will try Peace Bridge since I could just U-turn and avoid anything going wrong with US side

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks!!
Go to US border and tell them you are doing a flagpole. You will receive an administrative refusal paper. Bring that back to the Canadian border and tell the officer that you are there to validate your COPR.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, I think I will try Peace Bridge since I could just U-turn and avoid anything going wrong with US side
You need the administrative refusal paper. This proves that you actually left Canada. You cannot do a flagpole without either (1) entering the US or (2) being refused entry to the US.

luoyule

Jul 26, 2017
You need the administrative refusal paper. This proves that you actually left Canada. You cannot do a flagpole without either (1) entering the US or (2) being refused entry to the US.
Thank you for the information.

I do have a valid US visa, would it affect future entry or application for US visa if I am "refused entry to the US"?

lachy_

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
4--5-2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
Thank you for the information.

I do have a valid US visa, would it affect future entry or application for US visa if I am "refused entry to the US"?
Don't get yourself confused.
if you have US visa, you won't be flagpoling. You would have to go into the USA and come back into Canada. Tell the US official the purpose of your visit that is to complete the landing process of your PR application. They won't issue you white refusal slip. This is because the US officials cannot refuse you entry to the USA with a valid US visa.

luoyule

Jul 26, 2017
Don't get yourself confused.
if you have US visa, you won't be flagpoling. You would have to go into the USA and come back into Canada. Tell the US official the purpose of your visit that is to complete the landing process of your PR application. They won't issue you white refusal slip. This is because the US officials cannot refuse you entry to the USA with a valid US visa.
Thanks for your clarification!