+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rainbow Bridge PR Landing FAILED

xiaohan

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
I had crossed the border at 9 am, spent an hour in US and then came back to CANADA at 10 am.
So it seems Peace Bridge is a better option for people around Toronto to land PR than Rainbow bridge.
Was there many people waiting while you get there?

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
So it seems Peace Bridge is a better option for people around Toronto to land PR than Rainbow bridge.
Was there many people waiting while you get there?
nope not many. It took me 45 mins to complete the process.

xiaohan

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
nope not many. It took me 45 mins to complete the process.
That's alright, as long as they don't have any quota for the day like Rainbow bridge and people got at Rainbow before 8am but have to wait until 6:30pm to get called to process landing, that was really pain for us and shame for CBSA.
Glad they did not do the same thing in Peace Bridge.

ipjust4u

Jan 26, 2017
Hi guys - completed my landing yesterday (July 27th) at Peace bridge. Pretty cool and no surprises - the overall process took 2 to 2:30 hours for me.

I drove to US border by around 8:30 PM but there were limited lines open for processing and long queues of cars - so we had to wait for 30-40 minutes just for the first chat and then US officer asked us to move to their office where we waited for another 45 minutes. After that, the processing at Canadian border was pretty easy and smooth - i just saw one another family for landing there - Overall on Canadian side, it took another 45 minutes - 1 hour (we were three and officer said that he needs at least 10-15 minutes to process each application). As usual, Canadian border representatives were pretty cool :).

Thanks a ton for folks here - i was planning to go to Rainbow bridge but changed plans to Peace bridge - It worked.

Reactions: SSNR

SSNR

Dec 24, 2016
Hi guys - completed my landing yesterday (July 27th) at Peace bridge. Pretty cool and no surprises - the overall process took 2 to 2:30 hours for me.

I drove to US border by around 8:30 PM but there were limited lines open for processing and long queues of cars - so we had to wait for 30-40 minutes just for the first chat and then US officer asked us to move to their office where we waited for another 45 minutes. After that, the processing at Canadian border was pretty easy and smooth - i just saw one another family for landing there - Overall on Canadian side, it took another 45 minutes - 1 hour (we were three and officer said that he needs at least 10-15 minutes to process each application). As usual, Canadian border representatives were pretty cool :).

Thanks a ton for folks here - i was planning to go to Rainbow bridge but changed plans to Peace bridge - It worked.
congrats..!!!! i planned to go 28th but the boarder agency advised to go on Tuesday to Thursday.. so peace bridge does landing on weekends? would it be advisable to do it on Monday? any advise from anyone is welcome. I will share my experience as well! Thanks guys.

Last edited:

ipjust4u

Jan 26, 2017
congrats..!!!! i planned to go 28th but the boarder agency advised to go on Tuesday to Thursday.. so peace bridge does landing on weekends? would it be advisable to do it on Monday? any advise from anyone is welcome. I will share my experience as well! Thanks guys.
i think there was a notice from border agency that few land ports in southern ontario will process landing/flagpoling requests only between Tuesday and Thursday. This list of ports include peace bridge as well. So, it's better you plan to go there tuesday, wednesday or Thursday.

Reactions: SSNR

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
i think there was a notice from border agency that few land ports in southern ontario will process landing/flagpoling requests only between Tuesday and Thursday. This list of ports include peace bridge as well. So, it's better you plan to go there tuesday, wednesday or Thursday.

Canada: Flagpole Pilot Project Now in Effect
Posted by Immigration Law Team|Canada Immigration
Jun 17

In Brief

The Canada Border Services Agency (“CBSA”) has confirmed that the ‘Flagpole Pilot Project’ is now in full effect at certain land crossings in Southern Ontario.

Discussion

Originally detailed in PwC Law’s Canadian immigration alert on May 2, 2017, the CBSA has confirmed that the Flagpole Pilot Project which prohibits flagpoling at certain land crossings in Southern Ontario during peak periods (i.e. Friday to Monday) is now in full effect.

The ports-of-entry affected by this Pilot Project include:

– Rainbow Bridge

– Queenston-Lewiston Bridge, and

– Fort Erie (Peace Bridge)

Any temporary residents of Canada who attempt to flagpole at these ports-of-entry during the blackout period may be granted re-entry to Canada on the basis of their current status or as a visitor and given the following options:

– Filing an inland extension or change of conditions application or scheduling a landing interview in Canada, or

– Returning to the port-of-entry at their convenience during non-peak periods (i.e. Tuesday to Thursday)

Impact

Any foreign nationals planning to flagpole at the ports-of-entry listed above between Friday and Monday should consider doing so between Tuesday and Thursday instead and/or consult with their legal counsel regarding alternatives.

For more information regarding this Pilot Project or any other immigration matter, please contact a member of our team at PwC Law LLP.

http://immigrationblog.ca.pwc.com/blog/category/canada-immigration-news

MinaMekhail

Jul 30, 2017
Hello

I had an unsuccessful attempt landing today July 30th, 2017 at the Rainbow bridge. I was there for 2 pm, and all of this certain landing times cane as news to me. In light of all your postings my question is, is the visa now used up being a single entry visa. Can someone please comment on having a failed attempt of landing and then successfully flagpoling, did you need a new visa for each attempt. I forgot to ask the officer on the bridge he readmitted me into Canada but I am hoping that I did not use up my single entry visa. I would have called but its 10 pm on a Sunday and both CIC and CBSA are closed for phone inquiries.

Also, any advice on which bridge to use if I am to reattempt flagpoling and wait times.

Thank you.

ipjust4u

Jan 26, 2017
Hello

I had an unsuccessful attempt landing today July 30th, 2017 at the Rainbow bridge. I was there for 2 pm, and all of this certain landing times cane as news to me. In light of all your postings my question is, is the visa now used up being a single entry visa. Can someone please comment on having a failed attempt of landing and then successfully flagpoling, did you need a new visa for each attempt. I forgot to ask the officer on the bridge he readmitted me into Canada but I am hoping that I did not use up my single entry visa. I would have called but its 10 pm on a Sunday and both CIC and CBSA are closed for phone inquiries.

Also, any advice on which bridge to use if I am to reattempt flagpoling and wait times.

Thank you.
Sorry to hear this. I think your single entry visa is not used here as they denied landing process as they couldn't accommodate it on weekend. Do you have other permit (e.g. visitor or work permit) that is valid - if yes, i think they should have allowed you to enter Canada on that permit. Try peace bridge - it worked for many including me (i did landing last week) - again plan to go there only between Tuesday - Thursday.

MinaMekhail

Jul 30, 2017
Sorry to hear this. I think your single entry visa is not used here as they denied landing process as they couldn't accommodate it on weekend. Do you have other permit (e.g. visitor or work permit) that is valid - if yes, i think they should have allowed you to enter Canada on that permit. Try peace bridge - it worked for many including me (i did landing last week) - again plan to go there only between Tuesday - Thursday.
Thanks for the response i do have a work permit and i was aked if it was only valid but the office did not want to see it. Were you successful on your 1st attempt ?