+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rainbow Bridge PR Landing FAILED

luckysimsim

Nov 15, 2016
So which border office would be best for people who live in Toronto? Let's say Tuesday around 7 PM?
It's first come first serve, start at 8am, if it gets busy like last Tuesday, they would stop the service in the early morning. So better go in the morning, 7AM is better, your chance of being served is low at 7PM. But take the chance it the morning schedule doesn't work for you.

salimb

Oct 29, 2015
Monday June 26h 12pm: they told me to come on tuesday-wednesday-thursday after 8am (if it's not too busy...)

goodenough

Feb 22, 2017
I landed in Sarnia on the weekend. It's a bit of a drive from Toronto, but glad it's done now. It was a bit weird on the US side because they actually made us leave the car with the keys in it (not sure whether they searched the car) and wait in line at the office. They seemed a bit confused by me having a valid US visa, so just getting the flagpole document from them and the whole thing took almost an hour. But everything went smoothly on the Canadian side, although the officer that was admitting us on the border (not the one in the office) was stern and asked why we were doing it so late at night (it was 2am). The landing itself took 20 minutes and the officer seemed happy as it gave him "something to do in the middle of the night" :)

Oh... and no one even looked at the flagpole document we got from the US at the Canadian border/office... Not sure why...

BazingaUA

Apr 8, 2015
Hey, just wanted to quickly share our experience. (Tuesday, June 27)
We decided to go to Quenston-Lewinston bridge for landing. After an 1.5 hour drive from Toronto we were declined (at 8:00 PM) to land "because we are really busy right now". We asked if coming back in the morning is a good idea, the officer said "maybe, but can't promise anything at this point". We were the only car on the border, by the way.

So we decided to try our luck at Peace bridge, took us another 30-40 minutes to get there. We went straight to US border, explained the US officer that we want to flagpole, he instructed us to the office and wait for our passports (something like goodenough mentioned above, but we locked the car, nobody asked anything). Extra 30-40 wait and we received our passports and the white paper and were instructed to go back to our car and go back to Canada.

We approached Canadian border (around 9:40 PM), asked if we can land. The officer replied "sure, no problem". After another 20-25 minutes we were heading back home to Toronto as Canadian Permanent Residents.

lachy_

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
4--5-2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
AVOID Rainbow Bridge landing by all means!
Just landed today at Rainbow Bridge. We we're so tired for the nearly 7 hours wait and I pity those people who were sent away empty handed after waiting for 5 hours or so.
We arrived around 6am at Bird Kingdom where we parked, crossed the US side and received a white paper and return to Canada side. It took about 5-10 minutes to get to US side and received the flagpole slip. When we entered Canada side, the first officer in booth told us they will accept application at 8am but told us to come inside the other office and try if the offer will accommodate us. So we decided to try to get inside the office as instructed. To my surprise the officer took the US white paper and told us that they're going to start processing application at 8am and we have to go back to the US again to start the process. I was thinking, he should have told us to return at 8am and let us keep the administrative paper.
So we waited till 730am went to US to get the administrative slip again. Heading back to Canada side there was a big line up. We spent about 30. Finally we instructed to go the other building. When we entered the office, there were like 40 people ahead of me!!!
Then the lengthy wait starts....... The process was slow just 2 officers processing in charge of landing etc...
There still accommodating applicants till 10am and sending people away after that.
After 5 hours of waiting. Then.one officer starts to call out names . Ask for their WP and purpose. Those people whose name was called were all sent away. I overheard the officer telling them. "We regret we cannot process your application at this time" blah blah blah. Told them to apply online. The nearly 70 people inside the officer were cut into half. I think they're only processing formalities like landing.
And then our turn, I'm expecting the officer would be nice but I was wrong. She was like an officer interrogating a criminal by the tone of voice. She asked for my job, proof of address. Since I'm PNP, she asked for job offer etc.. the the hell! After the interview, I thought she's going to check my phone because I saw some officers checking applicants phone. She sent us back to our seat and waited 15 minutes finally she let us sign our COPR.
The experience was horrible but thank God it's over!

Last edited:
Reactions: PG-BColumbia

sum321

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
I have completed my PR landing today(July 13th, 2017) and PR now.
This forum helped me plan so thought of sharing latest information here.

After reading other members experience I targeted to complete my landing on Thursday Morning.

We started from Toronto Wed 7:30 PM reached Niagara by 9:15 PM. Stayed in lodge overnight.

Started from lodge on Thursday at 6:00 AM. Picked coffee and bagel from Clifton Hill Tim Horton. It's Hot but foggy. Falls invisible. Reached at Rainbow bridge entrance at 6:30 AM. Noticed few people already on bridge and standing there, thought they are tourist.

Went on to US side reached at 7:00 AM, US side officer was friendly checked our passport and provided with White paper.

We are back to Canadian side through same walkway by 7:15 AM and realized people whom we saw earlier were actually standing there for their landing. I have around 30 members ahead of me for PR landing. at 7:30 AM they start letting us in to check purpose after 3-4 members went in lady officer comes out and says they are not doing flagpole anymore they have received enough applications already.

We waited till our turn to see officer he said the same thing that no more flagpoling. I asked what is good time to come as I have taken day off for the purpose. He said he is not sure and doesn't guarantee if they will be able to do. It's our wish if we want come again in evening and try. He said better to go back and do inland landing.

We are done at Rainbow bridge with unsuccessful by 8:00 AM. :(

I knew chances were less at Rainbow so I had another plan in mind. We decided to try our luck at Peace bridge. Another family joined us. Now we are 4 adults and 3 kids. Rain started and public transport seemed unfeasible we decided to check if taxi will take us to Peace bridge as we have no car seats with us and we need to do flagpole in US and come back.

Luckily we saw a 6 seater taxi(Central Taxi) standing there. We inquired with driver he agreed to take us with condition that he will charge $10 for extra passenger and if there is wait time at US side then he will charge $20/30 mins. We were more than happy that he was ready to take us.

We started towards Fort Erie around 8:45 AM. As we were reaching to Peace bridge, it started raining heavily. We started to think did we do mistake by taking this decision in such weather with kids going to US side, what if Taxi leaves us at US side. We don't have US visa or even provision to make a call to get another taxi. Whether we will get taxi to get us from US to Canada back, all thoughts started.

I read somewhere on forum that Peace bridge has U turn available where you need not go US side and can come back to Canada but this way you don't get white paper from US side. But read earlier that somebody did landing this way. We decided to try our luck without going US side.

At 9:30 AM we crossed Canadian border took U turn and reached at Canada Custom, a lady officer greeted us. she asked from where are we coming and what is the purpose. She was kind of wondering that 2 families with kids came to do landing in a Taxi from Niagara Falls. She allowed and gave us Yellow paper.

We got sigh of relief. :)

Taxi dropped us to the attached building. We thanked taxi driver for his help and went to complete rest of process.

Peace bridge office welcomed us. There was not much rush.

Officer did formalities for each of family one by one and congratulated us for becoming PR.
It took us around 1 hour to complete. By 11 AM we are done with process.

When coming out met 3 other family who were sent back at from Rainbow, they went to Lewiston-Queenston Bridge and were denied for landing. They were happy to know that Peace Bridge is accepting for PR landing.

We called central taxi for our journey back to Niagara. I was surprised to see Taxi came from Niagra falls to pick us.
I rescheduled our return journey from 7:30 PM to 12:30 PM and we are back to Toronto by 3:00 PM.

Bottom line:
- If you are not in hurry and can wait for 4 weeks to do landing, better to do inland landing by taking appointment.
It takes 2 weeks to get response from Local CIC office with appointment date. You get appointment of after 1 to 2 weeks.
- Chances of successful landing at Rainbow bridge is 0.01 %, that too if you reach morning 4 AM(Tuesday to thursday only) and stand at Canada side till 8AM when they start accepting .
They don't do it night saying come in Regular hours. They don't accept applications in day time saying it's peak time and they already have lot of waiting.
- If you have a Car can can try Peace bridge or Lewiston-Queenston in night time.
- Peace bridge turned out to be better option. If getting landing done is time critical, it's worth taking risk at Peace bridge(Fort Erie).

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Anyone know if someone entering Canada with COPR for the first time, and IS NOT FLAG-POLING, at the Rainbow bridge has had the same problem. I do not currently reside in Canada, are people outside Canada being turned away as well???

Reactions: KBH

kwtracking

Jul 14, 2017
Avoid Rainbow bridge.
We drove from Kitchener to Niagara on Thursday evening and the officer on the border said that they have reached the maximum number of process for the day. As many people here, I had no idea that there were certain days to go there and that they have a limit number of applications to confirm by day. We call IRCC to make an appointment and we explained our situation (we will travel abroad on few days), they said that if we have urgency to land we could try it again. We landed through Sarnia... all the process took about 1 hour.
The officer asked who sent us there... we kindly answered that it was suggested by IRCC because we have plans to travel abroad on few days.

Last edited:

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Avoid Rainbow bridge.
We drove from Kitchener to Niagara on Thursday evening and the officer on the boarder said that they have reached the maximum number of process for the day. As many people here, I had no idea that there were certain days to go there and that they have a limit number of applications to confirm by day. We call IRCC to make an appointment and we explained our situation (we will travel abroad on few days), they said that if we have urgency to land we could try it again. We landed through Sarnia... all the process took about 1 hour.
The office asked who sent us there... we kindly answered that it was suggested by IRCC because we have plans to travel abroad on few days.

I'm waiting for the message to come out saying they won't do flag poles at all anymore...

k7124

Dec 27, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avoid Rainbow bridge.
We drove from Kitchener to Niagara on Thursday evening and the officer on the border said that they have reached the maximum number of process for the day. As many people here, I had no idea that there were certain days to go there and that they have a limit number of applications to confirm by day. We call IRCC to make an appointment and we explained our situation (we will travel abroad on few days), they said that if we have urgency to land we could try it again. We landed through Sarnia... all the process took about 1 hour.
The officer asked who sent us there... we kindly answered that it was suggested by IRCC because we have plans to travel abroad on few days.
Do you know if Sarnia processes landing during weekends? I am thinking of going today but do not want to be turned down again. (I was refused in one of the Niagra bridges yesterday.)

Reactions: marcinha

kwtracking

Jul 14, 2017
Do you know if Sarnia processes landing during weekends? I am thinking of going today but do not want to be turned down again. (I was refused in one of the Niagra bridges yesterday.)
I am not sure, sorry. I would suggest to go during week days. The other bridges are only accepting flagpole from Tuesday to Thursday, weekends should be very busy during the summer.

Neo_says

Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th Feb 2016
Hi team,

I have a valid work permit. I am planning to do flagpoling based on my OINP nomination to renew my work permit.
Is it possible to extend my work permit based on OINP nomination? please advise.

I do not have a visa or multiple visa. I just only have valid work permit.