+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RA/TA work experience during Ph.D. -- Does it qualify me for FSWP?

pxjiushun100

Mar 9, 2014
I graduated from Ph.D. on Nov. 2014 and am working as a postdoc now.
I had submitted EE profile and used RA and TA as my primary occupation and working experience. I "met the criteria of Federal Skilled Worker", and have 402 points.
The EE computer system seems to admit my work experience as RA/TA for the one year work experience requirement in FSWP. But it does not count RA/TA work experience for points under CRS for EE.

My question is that whether or not RA/TA really qualify me for FSWP. I do not care about EE points, but qualification.
Here is some info I found in cic-website h t t p : // w w w . cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=855&t=6

I am applying EE under BCPNP and will get my result soon. If RA/TA does not qualify me for FSWP, I would like to withdraw EE as soon as possible and go with regular PNP.

Thanks in advance for any piece of information.

ai1080

Aug 6, 2018
I graduated from Ph.D. on Nov. 2014 and am working as a postdoc now.
I had submitted EE profile and used RA and TA as my primary occupation and working experience. I "met the criteria of Federal Skilled Worker", and have 402 points.
The EE computer system seems to admit my work experience as RA/TA for the one year work experience requirement in FSWP. But it does not count RA/TA work experience for points under CRS for EE.

My question is that whether or not RA/TA really qualify me for FSWP. I do not care about EE points, but qualification.
Here is some info I found in cic-website h t t p : // w w w . cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=855&t=6

I am applying EE under BCPNP and will get my result soon. If RA/TA does not qualify me for FSWP, I would like to withdraw EE as soon as possible and go with regular PNP.

Thanks in advance for any piece of information.
Hi,

did you qualify for express entry? i'm in the same situation. i have 449 points, but not sure about whether i meet the 1 year qualification for EE unless i consider TA/RA experience. Please let us know how it turned out.