+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

R u waiting for AINP nomination

JayAay

May 25, 2018
yes, wait for another year. we will see a new stream
Maybe not wait. You might lose a year which may be counted against required work experience elsewhere. Unless you can find an eligible job for expres entry n apply after one year in Alberta.

JayAay

May 25, 2018
It being a skilled level job, with the proper licence and one year of full time experience you'd be eligible for express entry at the federal level.

So it would still make sense to stay unless you find a better job outside of Alberta quickly.

Khush_Calgary

Jun 17, 2018
Hello anyone and everyone reading this comment

My timeline:
Applied on 21st December 2017 under EDS(Liquor store supervisor)
Got my file No. on 14th Feb 2018
I’m hoping to get the pnp next month or so.

So, just a quick question-
I used this crs calculator here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp and after completing one year as a NOC B employer in November 2018 I’ll be eligible to apply for express entry. But then my points will be around 430, which I believe aren’t good enough to make the cut-off(which is usually 450) BUT, if I study properly and take the IELTS exam, I am pretty sure I would be able to score 7,7,7, and 8 in R,W,S, and L respectively, which, according to the calculator, will boost my score upto 469ish..
So, should I consider this route which will get me PR in 11 months(wait till November to complete one year as an employer and then 6 month for Express Entry) from today, or should I just stick to the AINP->Federal method, which to be honest is kinda volatile cuz some people get their PR(after receiving ainp) in 8 months, and some get it in 18 months. I don’t know if I should risk this...
Any help/feedback will be highly appreciated :)

Yin-yang

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Hello anyone and everyone reading this comment

My timeline:
Applied on 21st December 2017 under EDS(Liquor store supervisor)
Got my file No. on 14th Feb 2018
I’m hoping to get the pnp next month or so.

So, just a quick question-
I used this crs calculator here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp and after completing one year as a NOC B employer in November 2018 I’ll be eligible to apply for express entry. But then my points will be around 430, which I believe aren’t good enough to make the cut-off(which is usually 450) BUT, if I study properly and take the IELTS exam, I am pretty sure I would be able to score 7,7,7, and 8 in R,W,S, and L respectively, which, according to the calculator, will boost my score upto 469ish..
So, should I consider this route which will get me PR in 11 months(wait till November to complete one year as an employer and then 6 month for Express Entry) from today, or should I just stick to the AINP->Federal method, which to be honest is kinda volatile cuz some people get their PR(after receiving ainp) in 8 months, and some get it in 18 months. I don’t know if I should risk this...
Any help/feedback will be highly appreciated :)
There is no risk. You can chose both ways, but you need to pay both fees. In which way you get your pr 1st, you can withdraw the other, but i dont know if they will refund u r fees?