+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

R u waiting for AINP nomination

adenho

Star Member
May 29, 2018
Hi there, which border did you go to? Thanks
That’s wat I told you I’m not sure about ur case but it worked for me and there was a spelling mistake in my name so I went again the second time to correct it. But In ur case I have no idea. You can always call the border officers custom service and ask if they can help you. Anyone can correct me if I’m wrong. Google and see which border is little good based on the review.

Temmilee

Apr 27, 2018
Hey I said I got my work permit, that was not extension. Again I asked you if it’s possibel to extend ur PG work permit and are you sure about it? You said some of your Friends did it. As far as my knowledge PG workpermit can’t be extended. Once done is done. Unless you have applied for LIMA or anything else l. CIC won’t extend.
Well you are entitled to your opinion but pgwp can be extended. I later find out that you are entitled to 3 years pgwp ifyou take a 2 years program at the college and 4 years pgwp if for 4 years. I was given just 18 months on my pgwp because my passport was expiring and I’m entitle to take the rest. I have that did same and it worked for them. I can confirm this to you and I’m pretty sure that one can entend pgwp. Well it also depends on the situation tho. Not one or two that I know that it worked for. Thanks

Reactions: Elizabeth paul

Jery5000

Mar 14, 2018
edmonton
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2016
AOR Received.
03-02-2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2018
LANDED..........
24-04-2018
Well you are entitled to your opinion but pgwp can be extended. I later find out that you are entitled to 3 years pgwp ifyou take a 2 years program at the college and 4 years pgwp if for 4 years. I was given just 18 months on my pgwp because my passport was expiring and I’m entitle to take the rest. I have that did same and it worked for them. I can confirm this to you and I’m pretty sure that one can entend pgwp. Well it also depends on the situation tho. Not one or two that I know that it worked for. Thanks
under this scenario it is correct but generally I would not consider it to be as "renew" or "extend". You get what's rightfully yours, no more no less.

Also, maximum number of years you can get is 3 years not 4. If you finish a program that is 2 years less, you get 2 year pgwp. If you finish a program that needs more than 2 years to complete, you get 3 years pgwp.

josekutty

Jun 6, 2018
my time line
srs-post graduate worker
applied on nov 27
file number dec 4
no replay yet
is there anyone who applied before me?

jack9628

May 30, 2018
Anyone who know which date they look right now?they recivied my normination on 27nov, fire number I recivied on9 January ,anyone who have idea when I can get the call?

Elizabeth paul

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Sorry if I was wrong & thanks for correcting.

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
4 years of study only give you 3 years PGWP. That's the max.
No one can extend PGWP. Unless as you say, you didn't have it all at one time bc of your passport. But if you take the full 3 years, then it will be the end.
The only way to extend it is to extend it to BOWP or LMIA to become a closed wp.

ghotra68

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Calgary
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-07-2018
AOR Received.
23-08-2018
File Transfer...
12-06-2019
Med's Request
06-05-2019
Hi,

Any update for eds ???

Temmilee

Apr 27, 2018
4 years of study only give you 3 years PGWP. That's the max.
No one can extend PGWP. Unless as you say, you didn't have it all at one time bc of your passport. But if you take the full 3 years, then it will be the end.
The only way to extend it is to extend it to BOWP or LMIA to become a closed wp.
Well I know friends that took 2years program at the college and they got a 3years pgwp. Not at once tho but adding the total years they got was 3years wbt??

BTSDNA

Star Member
Oct 1, 2017
Can we keep it on topic please? There are multiple threads & subforums about work permits. This is about the AINP program only.

Last edited:
Reactions: Youssef1990

fzindani

Star Member
May 5, 2015
canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
16-11-2018
Nomination.....
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-03-2019
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-09-2019
Med's Done....
06-16-2019
One cannot renew or extend a pgwp at all unfortunately. pgwp will be issued only once to one person per lifetime.

LMIA is the only option to get another work permit or through common-law/marriage.

Going through express entry can be another option, considering the low invitation score atm and you can get bridging open work permit once you have file number for express entry.
Is it the same with ainp and then applying federal cec, wheb u get file no, can you apply for extension as bridge one like u said before?