+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

R u waiting for AINP nomination

fahad911

Feb 11, 2012
Hi everyone...i have one question. I have applied under post graduate srs. My work permit will expire in october. Still file is under processing. How we can extend our work permit. Do i need LMIA or i can extend my work permit in usual way to remain under processing. I am on open work permit now.
Hello,
I am in the same boat my permit expiring in September. We cannot renew the work permit without sending the documebts to cic after receiving nomination. Cic will send the AOR with which we can apply for bridging work permit.
Its scary
Keep me posted.
Thanks

Temmilee

Apr 27, 2018
Kindly ensure that your work permit is valid for atleast 1year before you apply. I am in the same shoes, I applied and got file number at Nov 24. I thought that before my work permit expired in May, that I would had gotten my ainp but too my surprise, things were delayed and now, the only thing holding my application is my work permit. An expired work permit equals no ainp. This was made clear to me the last time I spoke with them. Out of pity, they gave me some time to get it and send it to them otherwise, my application will be close. With my calculation, the time interval they gave me to provide my work permit won’t be enough to get it so this have tarnish my chance of getting my nomination this time. So learn from mine and do the right thing. This is my 5cents for you guys.

Zenniettt

May 30, 2018
Kindly ensure that your work permit is valid for atleast 1year before you apply. I am in the same shoes, I applied and got file number at Nov 24. I thought that before my work permit expired in May, that I would had gotten my ainp but too my surprise, things were delayed and now, the only thing holding my application is my work permit. An expired work permit equals no ainp. This was made clear to me the last time I spoke with them. Out of pity, they gave me some time to get it and send it to them otherwise, my application will be close. With my calculation, the time interval they gave me to provide my work permit won’t be enough to get it so this have tarnish my chance of getting my nomination this time. So learn from mine and do the right thing. This is my 5cents for you guys.
So many have one yr work permit. But the problem is they are taking so much time for processing. Work permit get expired when they appproach to application.

Louieportillo

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Good thing mine was 2 years.. im already on my more than 6th months since i passed my ainp application .they receive it last november 27 under eds-sw noc 6311 hope i will have news within this month.. but im still planning to apply express e

fzindani

Star Member
May 5, 2015
canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
16-11-2018
Nomination.....
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-03-2019
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-09-2019
Med's Done....
06-16-2019
is it possible for you to extend your workpermit through flagpole?

Jery5000

Mar 14, 2018
edmonton
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2016
AOR Received.
03-02-2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2018
LANDED..........
24-04-2018
is it possible for you to extend your workpermit through flagpole?
you cannot extend or renew pgwp. You cannot obtain another pgwp when completing another program. PGWP will be issued once only under your name. The only way to get it is to get LMIA and apply for a new work permit

Temmilee

Apr 27, 2018
you cannot extend or renew pgwp. You cannot obtain another pgwp when completing another program. PGWP will be issued once only under your name. The only way to get it is to get LMIA and apply for a new work permit
Do you mean via flagpole or one cannot renew or extend a pgwp atall??

Jery5000

Mar 14, 2018
edmonton
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2016
AOR Received.
03-02-2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2018
LANDED..........
24-04-2018
Do you mean via flagpole or one cannot renew or extend a pgwp atall??
One cannot renew or extend a pgwp at all unfortunately. pgwp will be issued only once to one person per lifetime.

LMIA is the only option to get another work permit or through common-law/marriage.

Going through express entry can be another option, considering the low invitation score atm and you can get bridging open work permit once you have file number for express entry.

Zenniettt

May 30, 2018
One cannot renew or extend a pgwp at all unfortunately. pgwp will be issued only once to one person per lifetime.

LMIA is the only option to get another work permit or through common-law/marriage.

Going through express entry can be another option, considering the low invitation score atm and you can get bridging open work permit once you have file number for express entry.
Do we need lmia or valid work permit to apply under express entry again like ainp.

Jery5000

Mar 14, 2018
edmonton
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2016
AOR Received.
03-02-2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2018
LANDED..........
24-04-2018
Do we need lmia or valid work permit to apply under express entry again like ainp.
you need a valid work permit to be able to apply express entry. but if you do have LMIA you can have 50 more point so that it will be easier to get invitation.

Elizabeth paul

Star Member
May 7, 2018
I don’t know how true that is, I tried and wasn’t possible for me. But someone on this forum said she did hers through flagpoling.
Hey I said I got my work permit, that was not extension. Again I asked you if it’s possibel to extend ur PG work permit and are you sure about it? You said some of your Friends did it. As far as my knowledge PG workpermit can’t be extended. Once done is done. Unless you have applied for LIMA or anything else l. CIC won’t extend.