Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2016
Doc's Request.
Feb 12, 2016
Nomination.....
Nov 18, 2016 and Applied to Federal on Dec 19, 2016 (Re-Applied on June 27, 2017)
AOR Received.
Feb 09, 2017 (Aug 29, 2017)
IELTS Request
Submitted Along with Application
File Transfer...
To continue processing your application, you must link your application to an online account."
Med's Request
March 5, 2018
Med's Done....
Completed
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
22-Mar-2019 and sent on 23-Mar-2019
VISA ISSUED...
3-Apr-2019
LANDED..........
04-Apr-2019
brar20 said:
AINP-SRS Engineering Category Applicant
File sent: March 15 2016
Recieved by Edmonton office: March 16 2016
No FN yet. Still waiting.
NOC 2253.
I believe you need to call them, because they are in to March 23, 2016.

Engineering Occupations Category Over 70 February 25, 2016, and March 23, 2016

dhillonavjot

Jul 21, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kainthsimranjit said:
I would say if you applied in International Graduate Category, the chances of your file getting picked up before WP expiry date are less. Otherwise, if you applied in Skilled Worker Category, you should be safe.
Thanks for the response-just wondering how did you come to that conclusion? ;D

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
dhillonavjot said:
Thanks for the response-just wondering how did you come to that conclusion? ;D
I did not come to any conclusion. I only said "chances.....". It is based upon a small subset of friends who have applied for AINP. We also have found out that NOC A and B files are picked earlier as compared to NOC C and D. Two friends of mine who applied on May 11 are waiting. WP expired on 25 May

I would keep everyone posted about their outcomes. I am here in this forum because of my friends. Got PR in last Sep.

dhillonavjot

Jul 21, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kainthsimranjit said:
I did not come to any conclusion. I only said "chances.....". It is based upon a small subset of friends who have applied for AINP. We also have found out that NOC A and B files are picked earlier as compared to NOC C and D. Two friends of mine who applied on May 11 are waiting. WP expired on 25 May

I would keep everyone posted about their outcomes. I am here in this forum because of my friends. Got PR in last Sep.
Oh i see-so i believe your friends who are still waiting must have applied under semi skilled category?
Are they on implied status?(Visitor visa,etc) as their WP is expired?

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
dhillonavjot said:
Oh i see-so i believe your friends who are still waiting must have applied under semi skilled category?
Are they on implied status?(Visitor visa,etc) as their WP is expired?
Work Permit expired on May 25 (sorry). They are trying the LMIA route to see if they can secure another work permit. Yes, they are in semi skilled category (NOC C and D). But if you check the AINP website, their files should have been picked and decision made by now (they are processing mid June files). But that's not the case. So, I can only infer that at this stage AINP worry more about NOC A and B files as compared with C and D.

And I don't think that is a bad strategy. NOC C and D jobs can be easily passed on to Canadians easing out the unemployment situation in Alberta and reducing the backlog that AINP have.

PB13CHEEMA

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
kainthsimranjit said:
Work Permit expired on May 25 (sorry). They are trying the LMIA route to see if they can secure another work permit. Yes, they are in semi skilled category (NOC C and D). But if you check the AINP website, their files should have been picked and decision made by now (they are processing mid June files). But that's not the case. So, I can only infer that at this stage AINP worry more about NOC A and B files as compared with C and D

And I don't think that is a bad strategy. NOC C and D jobs can be easily passed on to Canadians easing out the unemployment situation in Alberta and reducing the backlog that AINP have.
Did your friends called AINP?
If yes, what they said?
One of my friend also applied in May in NOC C category. He got nomination in March.
Secondly, I don't want to argue on good or bad strategy. My major concern is they should give timeline doesn't matter which category is it?
Thank you

dhillonavjot

Jul 21, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kainthsimranjit said:
Work Permit expired on May 25 (sorry). They are trying the LMIA route to see if they can secure another work permit. Yes, they are in semi skilled category (NOC C and D). But if you check the AINP website, their files should have been picked and decision made by now (they are processing mid June files). But that's not the case. So, I can only infer that at this stage AINP worry more about NOC A and B files as compared with C and D.

Good to know that they are trying the LMIA route but what is their current status?

It may turn out to be good for locals but if what you implied turns out to be true-will be a nightmare for many of us semi skilled applicants :(

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
PB13CHEEMA said:
Did your friends called AINP?
If yes, what they said?
One of my friend also applied in May in NOC C category. He got nomination in March.
Secondly, I don't want to argue on good or bad strategy. My major concern is they should give timeline doesn't matter which category is it?
Thank you
They (and their Employer) have called many times. Every time they say that your file in under process.

AINP (and many provincial programs) reflect (or should reflect) market needs. So, timeline changes with changing market needs.

I think initially AINP faltered in putting conditions on their programs which resulted in large number of applicants moving into this province. Now they are correcting all this.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
dhillonavjot said:
Good to know that they are trying the LMIA route but what is their current status?

It may turn out to be good for locals but if what you implied turns out to be true-will be a nightmare for many of us semi skilled applicants :(

Their work permit is valid till May 25, 2016. So their status is LEGAL worker (I am sorry my tenses were wrong).

I am worried for them as well. I think AINP is using the strategy of DELAY. By the time they would pick up the file, the WP gonna expire and they would be rejected. We are trying LMIA route in BC and Sask.

dhillonavjot

Jul 21, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kainthsimranjit said:
Their work permit is valid till May 25, 2016. So their status is LEGAL worker (I am sorry my tenses were wrong).

I am worried for them as well. I think AINP is using the strategy of DELAY. By the time they would pick up the file, the WP gonna expire and they would be rejected. We are trying LMIA route in BC and Sask.
Do you mind sharing their NOC code?

PB13CHEEMA

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
kainthsimranjit said:
They (and their Employer) have called many times. Every time they say that your file in under process.

AINP (and many provincial programs) reflect (or should reflect) market needs. So, timeline changes with changing market needs.

I think initially AINP faltered in putting conditions on their programs which resulted in large number of applicants moving into this province. Now they are correcting all this.
Thank you for your reply.
This is not the right way to correct it.
People have applied from 20-24 months, workpermit are expiring and they are not even considering that files.
More than that if its according to market needs than why trucking category is getting PNP in 4-5 months and EDS trucking category not even jn 23-24 months.
Firstly they guys started giving PNP in a week, what about verification of files on that time?
I know we all came here for study so we can't say they should prefer us for immigration but at least tell everyone clearly about PNP procesing.

patelsandip21

Feb 29, 2012
kainthsimranjit said:

how about NOC code 0?
thank you

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
PB13CHEEMA said:
Thank you for your reply.
This is not the right way to correct it.
People have applied from 20-24 months, workpermit are expiring and they are not even considering that files.
More than that if its according to market needs than why trucking category is getting PNP in 4-5 months and EDS trucking category not even jn 23-24 months.
Firstly they guys started giving PNP in a week, what about verification of files on that time?
I know we all came here for study so we can't say they should prefer us for immigration but at least tell everyone clearly about PNP procesing.
I don't want to sound too critical, but the problem is students moving from other provinces for quick PR. They should have rules similar to Ontario - work for six months or an year before applying AINP.

Again, I am not here to fight bro. I was an AINP applicant as well but when I realized that AINP is not working, I found other ways to get settled.