+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

R u waiting for AINP nomination

susana

Nov 4, 2008
rahul.kumar1984 said:
Hi

I applied for AINP under Alberta Work Experience Category in November 2013 and my work permit is expiring in November 2014. I've received the file number from AINP office on January 6. Haven't heard anything after that!!

Please guide as I'm really worried as my status is expiring in November 2014 and my employer is not willing to extend my permit or provide any positive LMIA.

Please share your suggestions.

Because you applied under AWE you don't need to have an employer to be nominated. I hope that by November a decision is made on your application. You can try and extend your status as a visitor but you need to prove you have enough funds to support yourself. Will you be allowed to stay ? Hard to say, but If nominated and your work permit has expired and you need to return to your country, you can still submit your PR application and wait for a decision there.

NewtoPR

Jun 3, 2014
susana said:
Because you applied under AWE you don't need to have an employer to be nominated. I hope that by November a decision is made on your application. You can try and extend your status as a visitor but you need to prove you have enough funds to support yourself. Will you be allowed to stay ? Hard to say, but If nominated and your work permit has expired and you need to return to your country, you can still submit your PR application and wait for a decision there.
So applied under which NOC code ?

janeloveeasy

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok.I have a question.

when they said from the day the application received, do they mean drop off time or when I received AOR? since I dropped it off on December 10, but didn't received AOR until January 15.

OH man. now you don't even need to think about applying AINP. wait 2 years!
they need to hire more officers to do the work! not just delaying the time !
not fair!

janeloveeasy

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And FYI. they changed the processing time now .
please check out their website.

Approximate AINP processing times for a complete application

Employer Driven Stream - Skilled Worker and International Graduate Categories

Estimated processing time if your application was received by the AINP:
On or before December 31, 2013: at least 12 - 14 months from the date your application was received
Between January and April 2014 (inclusive): at least 12 - 18 months from the date your application was received
Between May and August 2014 (inclusive): at least 18 - 24 months from the date your application was received
September 1, 2014 and after: at least 25 months from the date your application was received

(back to top)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Employer-Driven Stream - Semi-Skilled Worker Category

Food and Beverage Processing Industry

On or before June 20, 2014: at least 12 - 14 months from the date your application was received
Between July and August 2014 (inclusive): at least 14 - 18 months from the date your application was received
September 1, 2014 and after: at least 19 months from the date your application was received

Foodservices Industry (Pilot Project)

On or before November 26, 2013: at least 12 - 14 months from the date your application was received
November 27, 2013 and after: at least 25 months from the date your application was received

Hotel and Lodging Industry

On or before December 31, 2013: at least 12 - 14 months from the date your application was received
Between January and August 2014 (inclusive): at least 13 - 16 months from the date your application was received
September 1, 2014 and after: at least 17 months from the date your application was received

Manufacturing Industry

On or before June 30, 2014: at least 12 - 14 months from the date your application was received
Between July and August 2014 (inclusive): at least 14 - 17 months from the date your application was received
September 1, 2014 and after: at least 18 months from the date your application was received

Trucking Industry

On or before August 31, 2014: at least 12 - 14 months from the date your application was received
September 1, 2014 and after: at least 15 months from the date your application was received

(back to top)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strategic Recruitment Stream

Engineering Occupations Category / Compulsory and Optional Trades Category / Post-Graduate Worker Category

On or before August 31, 2014: at least 12 - 14 months from the date your application was received
September 1, 2014 and after: at least 14 months from the date your application was received

(back to top)

Alberta Work Experience Category

(Note: The AINP is no longer accepting applications under the Alberta Work Experience Category.)

Estimated processing time:
At least 15 months from the date your application was received

(back to top)

MAYOAKO

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
janeloveeasy said:
And FYI. they changed the processing time now .
please check out their website.

Approximate AINP processing times for a complete application

Employer Driven Stream - Skilled Worker and International Graduate Categories

Between January and April 2014 (inclusive): at least 12 - 18 months from the date your application was received
Between May and August 2014 (inclusive): at least 18 - 24 months from the date your application was received
September 1, 2014 and after: at least 25 months from the date your application was received

(back to top)

Employer-Driven Stream - Semi-Skilled Worker Category

Food and Beverage Processing Industry

On or before June 20, 2014: at least 12 - 14 months from the date your application was received
Between July and August 2014 (inclusive): at least 14 - 18 months from the date your application was received
September 1, 2014 and after: at least 19 months from the date your application was received

Foodservices Industry (Pilot Project)

On or before November 26, 2013: at least 12 - 14 months from the date your application was received
November 27, 2013 and after: at least 25 months from the date your application was received

Hotel and Lodging Industry

Between January and August 2014 (inclusive): at least 13 - 16 months from the date your application was received
September 1, 2014 and after: at least 17 months from the date your application was received

Manufacturing Industry

On or before June 30, 2014: at least 12 - 14 months from the date your application was received
Between July and August 2014 (inclusive): at least 14 - 17 months from the date your application was received
September 1, 2014 and after: at least 18 months from the date your application was received

Trucking Industry

September 1, 2014 and after: at least 15 months from the date your application was received

(back to top)

Strategic Recruitment Stream

Engineering Occupations Category / Compulsory and Optional Trades Category / Post-Graduate Worker Category

September 1, 2014 and after: at least 14 months from the date your application was received

(back to top)

Alberta Work Experience Category

(Note: The AINP is no longer accepting applications under the Alberta Work Experience Category.)

Estimated processing time:
At least 15 months from the date your application was received

(back to top)
now all my hope is gone.. :( :( :(

PKG92

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUN 02,2014
LANDED..........
since 2011
:( :( not fair . they are making increase in their processing time but not in employee :eek: it seems waiting is not worth it now . o god ! help us

PKG92

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUN 02,2014
LANDED..........
since 2011
confused_lady said:
Got an email from AINP they approved my application..Thank God
you mean to say nomination ?? when did you apply for it ?

ksiusha

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow.... 8-12 months wasn't that bad but 2 years to wait for nomination sounds really, really bad :eek:

PKG92

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUN 02,2014
LANDED..........
since 2011
confused_lady said:
yes,I applied Nov.21
many many congrats to u . good you went through

paulgovas

Aug 7, 2013
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
05-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
23-10-2015 received in Ecas
Passport Req..
January 6 2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
now it is time to think next options because nobody has work permit for more than two year and patience to wait for that long. very very very sad news and AINP is playing around to applicant and messing up everybody including themselves.

They are still accepting application on top of that which I could not understand.