+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

R.N. fr the Philippine can apply for Live in Caregiver Program???

zedekiah08

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
Doc's Request.
31-01-2013
AOR Received.
01-02-2013
Med's Request
very soon
Med's Done....
none
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2009
I have a sister in the Philippines, she just pass the nursing board exam this year. She doesnt have any experience yet. I just want to know if she can apply for the live in caregiver program even if she doesnt have any experience... Hope any one can help me..:)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If she can find an employer who's willing to hire her from the Philippines considering it takes 12-18 months to process WP from there. She have to let her prospective employer know that she needs job contract and LMO.

zedekiah08 said:
I have a sister in the Philippines, she just pass the nursing board exam this year. She doesnt have any experience yet. I just want to know if she can apply for the live in caregiver program even if she doesnt have any experience... Hope any one can help me..:)

zedekiah08

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
Doc's Request.
31-01-2013
AOR Received.
01-02-2013
Med's Request
very soon
Med's Done....
none
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2009
oh., it really takes a long time if she will apply fr the Philippines

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Yup, best case scenario (12 months, as per one member's post); sometimes could be longer than 18 months.

zedekiah08 said:
oh., it really takes a long time if she will apply fr the Philippines

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
I have met RNs here who are under the LCP. No need to study the 6-month live in caregiver course. But I think they initially applied as caregivers for seniors. Once in Canada though they can work with children and babies.

mydesire said:
@ jobseeker
If she/he is RN in the Philippines, does she need to study the LIVE IN CAREGIVER course? tnx

searso31

Oct 8, 2010
hi everyone
i would like to share what is my experienced...
im a underboard of nursing in the philippines (not RN yet) im here now in CANADA as a live in caregiver..i didnt have agency before they hired me directly from phil to canada... i took 8 months only
i sent all my requirements august 2006, nov 2006 i received a notice from immigration, january 2007 i received my speaktest notice then march 2007 i did my speak test, i receive my result by 3 weeks so thats april 2007 then september 2007 i receive my working visa.....

Grade 08

Aug 14, 2010
hi zedekiah!

my friend's niece is a live in caregiver (for kids) here in canada and shes an RN from the philippines too. although being a nursing grad isnt included in the requirement for LCP, you will find in the additional form for live-in caregiver no.2 item "education and training information: on what basis are you submitting your application? choices are caregiver course, employment experience and lastly educational backgraound(nugring degree etc)

so as long as you have an employer, lmo and contract, you can definitely try to apply.

goodluck!

zedekiah08

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
Doc's Request.
31-01-2013
AOR Received.
01-02-2013
Med's Request
very soon
Med's Done....
none
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2009
halu grade 08...!!

thanks for the information, but my sister has no experience yet as a nurse..

Grade 08

Aug 14, 2010
Hi there! Does your sister have an lmo already? If not, your sister can maybe do hospital duties while u try to get her an lmo. My friend's niece only had 4mos of hospital duty but she was able to get in. At least when it's time for her to fillup her application kit she can indicate when she started and write up to present. And get a certificate too from thehospital to prove her experience.

binangkal

Jan 1, 2011
Hi everyone!
A friend wants to hire me as a live in caregiver. I'm a registered nurse as well and i was wondering if i can apply as a live in caregiver..
I have 1 year volunteer experience in a hosp..Do i also need to take the ielts exam?when should
i take it?hope you can help!tnx!

geiya

Mar 3, 2011
Hello there! I'm a nursing grad and i failed the board exam, i wanted to be live in caregiver too in ca. What should i do first? Do i need to work in an hospital to gain a one year experience? Or do i need to have a six-month training? Thank you!! :)

mokarella

May 20, 2012
HI I WOULD LIKE TO ASK HOW TO FILL OUT THE "ADDITIONAL FORM OF CARE GIVER INFORMATION" ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A NURSE? IM SO CONFUSED, IM HAVING A HARD TIME TRYING TO THINK HOW CAN I ANSWER IT. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

mokarella

May 20, 2012
mokarella said:
HI I WOULD LIKE TO ASK HOW TO FILL OUT THE "ADDITIONAL FORM OF CARE GIVER INFORMATION" ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A NURSE? IM SO CONFUSED, IM HAVING A HARD TIME TRYING TO THINK HOW CAN I ANSWER IT. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
i think you have to take additional test on TESDA to get certificate to work as live in caregiver. You will not fill up the forms that are not applicable to you. Just fill up the educational questionnaire that qualify u as live in caregiver. I know lots of pinay caregivers here are RN from Saudi and some medical tech too.