+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quota for 2011

moizsaif123

Dec 17, 2010
I am waiting for the next quota to open in 2011 to apply for the skilled worker category. Can someone please update me on the time this might open up next year and where can I find the job categories if so.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
No one knows what NOCs will be on the new list, or even if that list will change from this year's. The new quota will commence on 1 July 2011. If you have the minimum required 67 points now, and your occupation is in a current NOC 29 that has not reached 1,000 applicants, most people are advising you act now, rather than leave it to chance that you will still find it available in July. Good luck with your decision and application!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I second that. If your NOC is already full, start watching the CIC website in May or June of next year to watch for any news on a new occupation list so you can prepare. On July 1st, the caps will be reset and you can apply if your NOC is still there. It is also possible that they will not post a new list of NOC's or that they will wait with it until July 1st.

moizsaif123

Dec 17, 2010
Unfortunately the caps have been reached for 2010. I am applying through an agency immig firm but is it advisable to apply individually or with a firm? If individually how do I go about it, is there a link thatl help me or guide me with the paperwork. Thanks for the Information.

2future

Star Member
Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
o3.o3.2011
AOR Received.
18.o3.2011
The cap has reached for only one category...1122.All the others are still open.

Lucky11

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i agree, only 1122 is filled, all other occupations have a space available

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moizsaif123 said:
I am applying through an agency immig firm but is it advisable to apply individually or with a firm? If individually how do I go about it, is there a link thatl help me or guide me with the paperwork. Thanks for the Information.
You start here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp It is very easy to apply yourself. Applying with a firm can help you if they are good but if they are bad, they can actually hurt you. Many people have had their applications messed up because the consultant lost documents or did not send them on time.

ainex_francois

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
Taif, Saudi Arabia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! Unfortunately, Registered Nurses cap are reached. Do u think it would be advisable to apply for LPN instead? I am a registered nurse here in Saudi. What do u guys can advise me? Thank you so much as I dont want/cant wait for the resetting of caps until 2011 July. Thank yoU!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ainex_francois said:
Hi! Unfortunately, Registered Nurses cap are reached. Do u think it would be advisable to apply for LPN instead? I am a registered nurse here in Saudi. What do u guys can advise me? Thank you so much as I dont want/cant wait for the resetting of caps until 2011 July. Thank yoU!
If you qualify under the NOC code right now, why not seize the opportunity? If not, as Leon and Pippin mentioned above, you'll have to wait and see what NOC codes are made available for the next year once the caps are reopened. Good luck!