+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quitting job after receiving ITA

moonpie92

Dec 27, 2018
Hi all,

I received my ITA in the last draw (yay!) and plan to ask for my work experience letter in the coming week. My express entry score was based on me working there (now nearing 3 years), and I had indicated there that it was my current job.

My question is, I would like to resign soon after they provide me with my work reference letter. My question is, is this a good idea? Would I have to indicate in my PR application that I quit my job?

Thanks for any input!

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Hi all,

I received my ITA in the last draw (yay!) and plan to ask for my work experience letter in the coming week. My express entry score was based on me working there (now nearing 3 years), and I had indicated there that it was my current job.

My question is, I would like to resign soon after they provide me with my work reference letter. My question is, is this a good idea? Would I have to indicate in my PR application that I quit my job?

Thanks for any input!
Unless you have savings to live on or another job lied out, it’s never a good idea to quit your current job. PR process takes a lot of time. It can go from 2 months to 1-2 years if you are chosen for security screening. Needless to say, you can be refused during the process if the documents you provded are not up to the standards of CIC. There are many variables in the process that cause uncertainty and being unemployed will just lead to the higher level of uncertainty

Reactions: canadahbb

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi all,

Thanks for any input!
In your application did you use this job to get points for 3 years experience?

dhanz92

Oct 17, 2018
Hi, could you please let me know what you did in your case? Did u inform IRCC about the change in current employer through CSE?
PS: I am secondary applicant and not claiming any points for my work experience. My only concern is that they call my employer and employer informs them that m not an employee of the firm anymore - which will be considered as misrepresentation by IRCC.

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Hi, could you please let me know what you did in your case? Did u inform IRCC about the change in current employer through CSE?
PS: I am secondary applicant and not claiming any points for my work experience. My only concern is that they call my employer and employer informs them that m not an employee of the firm anymore - which will be considered as misrepresentation by IRCC.
I don't think it will matter, they do not seek for job activity, but worked experience. If you fear, then just raise a CSE and mention your change in work condition.

adisabbaba

Jun 11, 2020
I did not inform them at the time of submission, that I have left and was in effect unemployed at the time. Is this counted as misrepresentation?

Jaybird94

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
I received my ITA on 27 Jan 2020. Permit expiry means i left my job on 27 Jan 2020. The ITA was issued with a work experience letter claiming Start Date to "Present". When submitting the documents for my AOR, i just sent an updated letter with an end-date and a LoE Stating i'd stopped working there because my BOWP was rejected.

Jaybird94

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Hi all,

Thanks for any input!
If you are going to leave your job though. Make damn certain your work experience letter is SOLID. If it's not detailed enough, thorough enough or anything of that sort, you're going to need to reach out to them again to get an updated letter if your application isn't straight up refused. It needs to include your official company letterhead, hours worked per week, salary, dates (include a clause if you worked / are eligible for OT as well), job title, thorough description based on the NOC, etc. - Then be signed and dated with the contact # and email of a supervisor, superior or HR. Ideally the letterhead in COLOR, and the signature in blue ink with a date at the bottom (showing when it was signed).