+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUITTING A JOB (cancelling work permit and how long can u stay in canada)

confuse07

Jun 23, 2013
Hi,

I quitted yesterday (just 1 month employment), it's urgent and did not give 1 week notice. My employer said she will call the CIC, maybe because of cancelling my work permit (is that possible? what are the cons and pros of cancelling this). Am I still allowed to stay in canada even if my work permit was already cancelled and for how long?

Also, Im getting married this July and my husband-to-be is suggesting to have me the open work permit instead. Is this process faster and advisable rather than getting a new LMO.

Really confuse. Please help me.

Pro_Public

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
CIC will let you know if your WP is cancelled. Otherwise, you can stay till the expiry date or further noctice from CIC.

It depends on your husband's status in CA if you could have an open work permit. Without that information, I could not give your any direction.

confuse07

Jun 23, 2013
My husband is a skilled worker. Will CIC question that we are just newly wed? and should I include our photos, messages in my application?.. What are the chances of being approve for SOWP in our case.

Pro_Public

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Which province you are in? Usually you can submit your marriage certificate. Submitt all other things like photos only when an officer required you to.