+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quick questions

Canada_eh!

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Category........
CEC
Hi All,

Firstly, All the best to everyone on this citizenship process journey.

I will be submitting my application soon by the end of June.

I have all my docs in place, I just had a few questions if anyone can please answer these question i'd be grateful.

I was on student permit (Jan 2014- Sept 2015)then on a work permit(Sept 2015- April 2017) and got my PR and landing done in April 2017. After I got my PR, I have visited USA a couple of times (10-12 days in all) and visited my home country once (DEC 2017-Jan 2018 - 20 to 25 days).

Questions:
1)I am currently at 1116 days of physical present in Canada as per the online physical present calculator- is that enough or should I wait for like another month or so?, in order to have a good amount of buffer days (just asking to be safe)

I believe this entire citizenship process is paper base unlike the PR which was all online
2)Do I need to have an online login account? As I see people updating their process status

3)How to make the pay the application fee of $630.00?i believe this is related to the online account

4)Do I need a police clearance certificate?I haven't lived outside Canada for more than 30 days max(last being a visit to my home country mentioned above 2017) (what is the criteria in order to to get a police clearance)

5)What is the best way to send doc - regular mail or courier

To summarize my documents include
1)Application form
2)Online present calculator sheet
3)Passport photocopies
4)Proof of knowledge of language -IELTS result from Sept 2016(used for PR) and diploma and transcript copies
5)Photocopies of drivers and health card
6)Two citizenship photos
7)Fee receipt- I want to know how to pay, do I need a login ID of some sort
8) Checklist

All my documents are in English so I don't require any translations, also no name change or other documents are required for my application purpose

Please let me know if I am missing something or anything that I need to pay special attention to

Thanks in advance

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
1. You are good if you are confident on the days
2. No online account. It is all paper. You can check the status of the application online after you receive the AOR. Search for Citizenship application tracking
3. You make the payment online, and will receive a receipt which you attach to the paper application
4. You only need a police certificate if you have lived more than 180 days as mentioned in the checklist
5. You can send it by regular mail (if cheaper) with tracking so that you know they received it.

Canada_eh!

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Category........
CEC
Thanks for the reply xylene
Just so that I understand clearly this is related to point 2 &3
I make payment online by registering in to an account on the website attach the copy and send it
Once my file/docs reache the office, I will recieve an AOR with a reference number to check the updates on my file? Am I right?

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Thanks for the reply xylene
Just so that I understand clearly this is related to point 2 &3
I make payment online by registering in to an account on the website attach the copy and send it
Once my file/docs reache the office, I will recieve an AOR with a reference number to check the updates on my file? Am I right?
Follow this link, scroll to payment type, and select citizenship from the dropdown menu.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp