+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quick Question on the Citizenship Application

pandu123!

Nov 22, 2016
Friends, I have 2 questions on the new citizenship application. Would be thankful if any of you can guide me.

Q# 9 B: During the 5 year eligibility period did you have temp resident or protected person status in canada before becoming PR.

I Came to Canada in July 2010 on Work Permit and have been on Work Permit till I became PR in Feb 2014.

My eligibility period is 01-Feb-2014 to 01-Feb-2019.

In the table where we need to mention the "Date your status was obtained/Effective", Should I mention my eligibility start date which is 01-Feb-2014 or the date I received my work permit originally - July 2010 ?

Q 12B: We need to mention the tax year we filed the taxes. I haven't yet filed the taxes for 2018 as I am still waiting for all statements to be generated. Is it OK to say "NO" for 2018 taxes or shud I wait until I file my taxes and then submit the application ?

pandu123!

Nov 22, 2016
Also for "Photocopy of two (2) pieces of your child's personal identification, one of which must have a photo on it.". What are the documents that I can submit? My kid is school going, Is health card and passport ok ?

hafm

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Hi there - what did you end up doing for question 9b? I’m in the exact same situation

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi there - what did you end up doing for question 9b? I’m in the exact same situation
The eligibility period has nothing to do with when you received a status. Give that date regardless of it being outside the 5 years period.

hafm

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Thanks very much for the response. Just on that note, if one has multiple work permits during that period, should we list them as a single line or enter multiple lines for each work permit including the implied status during the renewal between two work permits. Appreciate the help

The eligibility period has nothing to do with when you received a status. Give that date regardless of it being outside the 5 years period.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
I don't have a definite answer for this, but I personally entered a single line, and added a small explanation on a separate sheet stating that I was in implied status during a specified period. Went all good :)

Abou1980

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
FOr the PDF form, for question 9 and 10, did you guys add days as well in the table or only year and month ?

hafm

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
I don't have a definite answer for this, but I personally entered a single line, and added a small explanation on a separate sheet stating that I was in implied status during a specified period. Went all good :)
awesome, thanks :)