+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quick question about Spousal sponsorship

Christyohhh

Sep 22, 2017
Mississauga, ON
Hello, my husband and I are planning to apply for spousal sponsorship in October, he will be the one to sponsor me since he's Canadian and I'm American. I have dual citizenship with America and the Philippines so my question is, do I need to get a background clearance from both the FBI and NBI because we asked for some help from a filipino-canadian immigration consultant and she said I will need to provide some documents from the Philippines since I'm a citizen. I already received my FBI clearance since I thought I can apply for the sponsorship just as an American. With me being dual, will it affect my application (providing documents wise)?

trivvoxx

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Hello, my husband and I are planning to apply for spousal sponsorship in October, he will be the one to sponsor me since he's Canadian and I'm American. I have dual citizenship with America and the Philippines so my question is, do I need to get a background clearance from both the FBI and NBI because we asked for some help from a filipino-canadian immigration consultant and she said I will need to provide some documents from the Philippines since I'm a citizen. I already received my FBI clearance since I thought I can apply for the sponsorship just as an American. With me being dual, will it affect my application (providing documents wise)?
Hi Kababayan,

make sure lang po na organized and complete lahat ng docs mo. And maybe you can provide a letter of explanation about your situation. Transparency and Honesty are keys to a smooth processing :)

grabe you will have 3 citizenships na..

Filipino,American,Canadian

i wonder how burdening would that be for you in paying taxes :)