Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hi, all!

My wife and I will be applying inland soon so we're gathering necessary documents. Going by the document checklist, I noticed one of the options is to send "proof of joint ownership of residential property." We're both on our house title so we will definitely be sending it in, but we're not sure if they need the original or just a copy. And is a normal copy enough or does it need to be notarized?

I've noticed it's left unspecified in a couple of places. Some things are clear, such as joint bills and the like, but for "big" stuff like this, I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, all!

My wife and I will be applying inland soon so we're gathering necessary documents. Going by the document checklist, I noticed one of the options is to send "proof of joint ownership of residential property." We're both on our house title so we will definitely be sending it in, but we're not sure if they need the original or just a copy. And is a normal copy enough or does it need to be notarized?

I've noticed it's left unspecified in a couple of places. Some things are clear, such as joint bills and the like, but for "big" stuff like this, I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance!
Unless it specifically states in your country-specific info that you must send the original or a notarized copy, a normal copy is fine.