+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quick Open Work Permit Q's - So close to sending PR & OWP App!

JenFromBC

Jan 10, 2015
I'm sponsoring my husband for PR under the SCLPC, and he is also applying for an OWP under the new pilot program. I am THIS CLOSE to sending everything in, just have a couple questions:

On Form IMM 5710, question 3, it asks what type of work permit he is applying for.

An extension of a work permit with the same employer
A work permit with a new employer
Restoration of your status as a worker
An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit

He will continue working for the same employer, and I have his job offer letter to send with the application, but technically I didn't think he was eligible for an 'extension' of his work permit with the same employer, as he has worked longer than 4 years in Canada. This application will be for an Open Work permit, which I checked off in another part of the form, but what should I put here? Restoration of his status as a worker?

Another question:

Technically my husband has worked in the same position for the same company for 10 years. However, that company has been taken over by a different company twice since then. Should I list the three different company names in his Employment History?

Thanks for any help!

JenFromBC

Jan 10, 2015
Also, on Form IMM 5710, in Details of Intended Work in Canada, it asks for a start and end date. He started there ten years ago, and will continur working there if his OWP is approved...

Should I enter the date his current work permit expires? And then what about an end date?