+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions While Creating EE Profile

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there,

I just started the process of creating my EE profile (FINALLY) and not sure how should I answer some of the questions:

In the Study & Languages Section,

It says:We will assess XXX's secondary and post-secondary periods of study for eligibility for Express Entry, and use them to calculate XXX's score. You can tell us about each period of study by filling in the fields below."

So my question is, I did my Masters in Canada (highest level of education), and did my BA and high school back in my home country. Do I need to enter my high school and BA record? Or ONLY my Masters Degree which was obtained in Canada would be enough?

Another question I have is that, when I fill out my IELTS result, it asked me "Date of test results?". The help tips IRCC gave me was "What date did you receive your result?"

I received my result on March 18, 2016 (the date my result became available online and I picked it up in person the same day). However, on my IELTS report, there's a date showing March 16, 2016. So for my EE profile, do i put March 18 or March 16? I know this probably doesnt matter too much but I just want to make sure I dont make any errors...thanks.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR TIME READING THIS!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
wenfeizh said:
Hello there,

I just started the process of creating my EE profile (FINALLY) and not sure how should I answer some of the questions:

It says:We will assess XXX's secondary and post-secondary periods of study for eligibility for Express Entry, and use them to calculate XXX's score. You can tell us about each period of study by filling in the fields below."

So my question is, I did my Masters in Canada (highest level of education), and did my BA and high school back in my home country. Do I need to enter my high school and BA record? Or ONLY my Masters Degree which was obtained in Canada would be enough?

Another question I have is that, when I fill out my IELTS result, it asked me "Date of test results?". The help tips IRCC gave me was "What date did you receive your result?"

I received my result on March 18, 2016 (the date my result became available online and I picked it up in person the same day). However, on my IELTS report, there's a date showing March 16, 2016. So for my EE profile, do i put March 18 or March 16? I know this probably doesnt matter too much but I just want to make sure I dont make any errors...thanks.

In addition to the Masters from Canada, you can mention your Bachelors as well, no need for high school. Mentioning the Bachelors will not give you any additional points, as your highest degree is Masters. You can any go back and edit your Express Entry profile anytime, in case you want to remove the Bachelors.

For IELTS date, mention the date that is mentioned on the Test Result Form (TRF).

vtox_g@yahoo.com

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
wenfeizh said:
Hello there,

Even I am in a stage of creating the EE profile.. pls also let me know things i need to keep in mind while creating EE profile thank you

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
vtox_g@yahoo.com said:
Even I am in a stage of creating the EE profile.. pls also let me know things i need to keep in mind while creating EE profile thank you
The basic things you need to have ready while creating your Express Entry profile are IELTS Test Report Form and ECA Report.

vtox_g@yahoo.com

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Stanlee said:
The basic things you need to have ready while creating your Express Entry profile are IELTS Test Report Form and ECA Report.

Thank you for your reply..

you will need this personal reference code while creating EE, so it asks me which province I am interested in, so my question is how can i choose the best province, I am not sure which province I have to go :( :(

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
vtox_g@yahoo.com said:
Thank you for your reply..

you will need this personal reference code while creating EE, so it asks me which province I am interested in, so my question is how can i choose the best province, I am not sure which province I have to go :( :(
If you are not sure about the province, you can select all. You can go back and edit this information anytime in the future.

The logic of selecting the province is entirely dependent on you. The two most important factors are the ease of getting a job (in your area of expertise) and the cost of living. You can do some research on this and then update the information later. However, there is nothing wrong, even if all the provinces are selected.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
In addition to the Masters from Canada, you can mention your Bachelors as well, no need for high school. Mentioning the Bachelors will not give you any additional points, as your highest degree is Masters. You can any go back and edit your Express Entry profile anytime, in case you want to remove the Bachelors.

For IELTS date, mention the date that is mentioned on the Test Result Form (TRF).
Thank you very much for your answer! So clear :D

vtox_g@yahoo.com

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Stanlee said:
If you are not sure about the province, you can select all. You can go back and edit this information anytime in the future.

The logic of selecting the province is entirely dependent on you. The two most important factors are the ease of getting a job (in your area of expertise) and the cost of living. You can do some research on this and then update the information later. However, there is nothing wrong, even if all the provinces are selected.
Thank you very much Stanlee,

sure Ill try research on the province but any suggest from your end on province, considering the factors like cost of living, job opportunities, etc , which will good in my field, I am in web analytics and also wat is the minimum IELTS score needed for province nomination

I am very new to all this process... thank you once again...

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
vtox_g@yahoo.com said:
Thank you very much Stanlee,

sure Ill try research on the province but any suggest from your end on province, considering the factors like cost of living, job opportunities, etc , which will good in my field, I am in web analytics and also wat is the minimum IELTS score needed for province nomination

I am very new to all this process... thank you once again...
You can opt for Ontario. If you get CRS 400+, you stand a chance to get PT NOI from Ontario.

IELTS of the primary applicant plays a very important role in improving CRS score, therefore I would suggest that the primary applicant should target CLB 9 (LRWS - 8777). You can try these values in the calculator below and see for yourself how much of a difference IELTS makes to your CRS score.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:

Hey Stanlee thanks for your reply. I just thought of another question, the form is asking me complete/full academic years, what should I put here?

Usually the program is 2 years full time study. But I took one summer off and one semester part-time. Please advise what to put here.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
wenfeizh said:
Hey Stanlee thanks for your reply. I just thought of another question, the form is asking me complete/full academic years, what should I put here?

Usually the program is 2 years full time study. But I took one summer off and one semester part-time. Please advise what to put here.
As far as I know, you need to input the actual time taken to complete the course. The course certificate would anyway have the dates also mentioned accordingly.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
As far as I know, you need to input the actual time taken to complete the course. The course certificate would anyway have the dates also mentioned accordingly.
So I started the program in Sep, 2011, and got my degree April 2014. So should I put 2.5 years then? (but in this 2.5 years i had one summer off and one semester part-time).

Another question is that, just want to confirm again, if I put my BA in the Study History, even though is not my highest level of education, it asked me if i have ECA for it, if i say no, will IRCC later ask me to do the ECA? I dont wanna do ECA for my BA obtained in my home country since I have a Canadian Master degree and not getting any points for my BA. Please advise.

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
So I started the program in Sep, 2011, and got my degree April 2014. So should I put 2.5 years then? (but in this 2.5 years i had one summer off and one semester part-time).

Another question is that, just want to confirm again, if I put my BA in the Study History, even though is not my highest level of education, it asked me if i have ECA for it, if i say no, will IRCC later ask me to do the ECA? I dont wanna do ECA for my BA obtained in my home country since I have a Canadian Master degree and not getting any points for my BA. Please advise.
Hey! What was the outcome? Did you put no in BA eca? Did they ask later? Thanks

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Hello there,

If your highest qualification is a Canadian master's degree, put only that in your educational history. Put your bachelor's degree in your personal history. Anything you put into educational history needs to be proved with documentation—an upload tab will later appear based on what you put into this section. Since you are not going to earn any points for your bachelor's degree, there is no need to increase the amount of documentation you have to provide and they have to look at. For a Canadian master's, you only need to provide a diploma / degree certificate. This is the max points you will get anyway. Save yourself the headache and put your bachelor's under personal history.

Reactions: Anaysa